What's new

Senators fear China may use CPEC to enhance trade with India

Her baat main india ghusana zarori nahn

Har objection ko propaganda kehna b insaaf nahe mere bhai..

ur rahi bat ghadari ki tu main ne kis ko ghadar kaha ha ?

Qunkay KP PTI ne objections uthae to taraki ki raah me "rukawat" qarar paye.. Is mulk me har aik ko baki sab ghadar lagty hay to agar apko b lagy to isme aise koi bari bat nahe...

Bhai is objection ki koi tuk nahn ha . ap bhi janty hain kchina india trade cpec k muhtaj nahn ur rahi tankid tu tankud baraye tamer honi chahye . senagor ne lambi chori ha.

Bhai pti jane ur govt janey but ager koi issue ha tu beth k solve kia ja sakta ha . shor machane se dushman faida utha ta ha ur nation main unity nahn rehti. ye mera point of view ha

Why would Pakistan stop Chinese export? I am interested to hear your wonderful explanations?

The enemy is working hard to cause problems for CPEC. But always remember Brother the only opinion that matters in Pakistan is the Army. So far the Chief of Army Staff on a number of occasions has said this project is important for Chinese/Pakistan relations. But worry the anti-nationals and western stooges are being taken care of as we speak.

The enemy is working hard to cause problems for CPEC. But always remember Brother the only opinion that matters in Pakistan is the Army..

What enemy enemy bhaijaan... we have such odd projects announced every week... only metro expansion in Delhi is more than your CPEC road projects. Talk about Delhi mumbai Industrial corridor which is just Railway's Freight project twice the cost of CPEC, learn to give employment to your youth than propaganda and leave India alone... that's all we ask for.

No wonder he is vocal. Karachi is going to be most adversely effected by CPEC
ever heard of Pakistan Deep Water Container Port (PDWCP)? Upon completion It will share burden with Gawadar on CPEC. Karachi is here to stay.

ever heard of Pakistan Deep Water Container Port (PDWCP)? Upon completion It will share burden with Gawadar on CPEC. Karachi is here to stay.
Karachi has been there since Alexander's time. It was there when Sir Charles Napier invaded Sindh in 1843 and the British developed it as major port for the Indus hinterland. The geography and rail lines secured it's eminence.

I was talking about the monopoly. Gwadar will break it and when ML3 or even ML2 lines are built it will take off. In tandem with the Westerly route of the CPEC it will provide a alternate to a route the route built by British.

Last edited:
I hope along with CPEC if we can have CPKC (China Pak knowledge corridor) this will be something that will shape the pakistan..

What enemy enemy bhaijaan... we have such odd projects announced every week... only metro expansion in Delhi is more than your CPEC road projects. Talk about Delhi mumbai Industrial corridor which is just Railway's Freight project twice the cost of CPEC, learn to give employment to your youth than propaganda and leave India alone... that's all we ask for.

1) If you had such projects announced every week then India would of had double digit figures in growth:) Currently you still have more poverty than the whole of Africa combined. Please stop being delusional.
2) The first phase of CPEC is currently worth $51 billion, however this is expected to increase by 2022. In the next three phases by 2030 China will increase its investments that would make the first phase look like peanuts.
3) I don't know why you are gloating:) Do you know within the next decade India requires a trillion dollars in infrastructure investments? If this target is not met then your country will face structural flaws.
4) We don't give a flying hoot about India, but your chai wala prime minister keeps mentioning CPEC like a two dollar clown.
5) China's rail investment in the next five years is bigger than your entire infrastructure investment.

It is an excellent idea - India can always seal deals with Chinese middlemen to export their produce to Afghanistan and Central Asia using CPEC. Given how indebted and dependent Pakistan would be on China - they won't even say no. Ideally, Indian companies should set up subsidiaries in China and then milk the CPEC to the hilt. It would be a win-win for China and India both.

Dhakkan
Senators fear China may use CPEC to enhance trade with India
SYED IRFAN RAZA — UPDATED about an hour ago
WHATSAPP
11 COMMENTS
PRINT
ISLAMABAD: Some lawmakers expressed concern on Wednesday over the possible use of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) by China to enhance trade with India.

During a meeting of the Senate Standing Committee on Planning and Development, some lawmakers were of the view that China was investing in the CPEC project to explore new vistas of trade with different countries right from neighbouring India to Central Asian states and Europe.

Chairman of the committee Syed Tahir Hussain Mashhadi endorsed a point of view of a senator that with improved rail and road links with India through Munabao and Amritsar under the CPEC, China would expand its trade not only with Central Asian states and European countries but also with India to economically strengthen its eight underdeveloped provinces.

“China will definitely use the CPEC to expand trade with India because one who invests always watches one’s interests first,” Mr Mashhadi said.

He said China’s trade relations with India were far bigger than with Pakistan as China had inked $100 billion trade agreements with India last year.

“Irrespective of sour Pakistan-India relations, China will do trade with Indian through the CPEC,” Mr Mashhadi said.

Members of the committee asked railway authorities to lay rail tracks called ML-2 and ML-3 that link Pakistan with Iran and Afghanistan and Central Asian states.

“These projects must be on the priority of China to reach these destinations,” Senator Saud Majeed said.

However, railway officials informed the committee that they were focusing on improving the existing rail tracks called ML-1 from Karachi to upcountry as a majority of the people lived in the areas falling in alignment of ML-1.

Senator Sirajul Haq said that the government should give priority first to those projects which were beneficial to the people of Pakistan and then it should safeguard interests of China.

He was of the view that if the people of less developed areas in Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) did not benefit from the CPEC, they would have no other option but to take up arms to earn their livelihood.

“If economic conditions of ignored areas are not improved, people living in those areas will be compelled to fight against anybody for only Rs2,000,” the Jamaat-i-Islami chief said.

The officials of Pakistan Railways informed the committee that all rail projects being executed under the CPEC were planned by both Pakistan and China and the former alone could not go for any project on its own.

“Both countries have joint working groups which plan and finalise projects,” they said.

At this, Senator Haq said that recently some of his colleagues had visited China for discussions on the CPEC where they were informed by Chinese authorities that Pakistan had the sole right of planning and decision-making about CPEC projects and China had nothing to do with it.

Senator Mohammad Usman Khan Kakar said that Pakistan Railways had not taken even a single step forward.

“We have not gone beyond what we inherited from the British rulers,” he regretted.

He suggested that plans for new railway tracks in Sindh and Balochistan (ML-2 and ML-3) must be implemented immediately because these were the routes which would make Pakistan economically strong.

“We have abundance of natural resources like gold, copper, silver, marble and granite in these areas which can be marketed to Iran, Afghanistan and Central Asian states through rail routes,” he said.

The committee was informed that a majority of electricity generation projects started by the government would be completed between 2018 and 2020.

Published in Dawn November 17th, 2016

Dhakkan Senetors.

Karachi has been there since Alexander's time. It was there when Sir Charles Napier invaded Sindh in 1843 and the British developed it as major port for the Indus hinterland. The geography and rail lines secured it's eminence.

I was talking about the monopoly. Gwadar will break it and when ML3 or even ML2 lines are built it will take off. In tandem with the Westerly route of the CPEC it will provide a alternate to a route the route built by British.
There's already and operational alternative port named Port Qasim. And its just not gonna end at PDWCP,
The chief minister said that he has allocated land at Dhabeji to establish China-Pakistan Industrial Zone. This zone would attract Chinese and other investment and it would be very near to Karachi and the proposed project of Keti Bandar for trade through sea and road routes.
https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/165070-Sindh-CM-discusses-CPEC-projects-with-Chinese-envoy
Karachi will stay relevant and even more relevant given the volatility increases in Balochistan. Karachi is the safest option for Chinese, especially after the completion of Karachi-Peshawar Motorway Linkup.

Karachi will stay relevant and even more relevant given the volatility increases in Balochistan
Given the gangster amok in Karachi, killing, rackets, possible Indian RAW nexus with MQM I struggle to see Karachi as abode of stability as opposed to abode of volatility in Balochistan. Both have problems. I am not saying Karachi is going to become irrelevant - it became relevant when the British built the rail line to the hinterland back in 1880s.

What I am saying is there will be alternative. Monopoly will be broken. That is what Gwadar is all about - why else would Chinese sink billions into Gwadar port. I hope there is open trade with China along with CPEC. I also hope that it will destroy local gangster franchize/assemble mafia. I know the region from where I am from depends almost entirely on foregin remittamces. People like me send money or build houses keeps the local economy running along.

So if there is flood of Chinese imports it is good thing. People will be able to buy cheap products instead of buying shoddy assembled products called 'Made in Pakistan' when in fact they come from abroad and are merely assembled inside Pakistan in some racket in Karachi like Suzuki cars or some other import licence money making enterprise pretending to be industry, when it is far from that.

Given the gangster amok in Karachi, killing, rackets, possible Indian RAW nexus with MQM I struggle to see Karachi as abode of stability as opposed to abode of volatility in Balochistan. Both have problems. I am not saying Karachi is going to become irrelevant - it became relevant when the British built the rail line to the hinterland back in 1880s.
You're not alone here, a lot of people actually make such points without visiting Karachi a single time in their entire life. So pretty much no surprises there.

Back
Top Bottom