What's new

Senators fear China may use CPEC to enhance trade with India

You mean to say Pakistan will stop Chinese exports?

Haha, i thought exactly the same thing. Its Chinese high IQ logic,

Then again, Chinese logically proved to send submarines via Brahmaputra river in India.

That to China is so stupid Helping us build power plants to reduce chronic power shortages, not to mention the engineer they will bring their own :(

I haven't read rest of your rhetoric because it doesn't mean anything. Chinese have brought their own Engineer's.... does it ring a bell? You are not even getting employment over the money for which you will be paying interest and returns? You have so many unemployed talent that is queuing up for Visa to USA or Europe... who can make nuclear bombs and precision guided missiles but doesn't have necessary expertise for roads or coal power plants? give me a break...

Obviously empty containers is posted in your media...

MPTY CONTAINERS: Several containers that were brought to Gwadar were empty, according to people privy to the arrangements. Pakistan’s persistent trade deficit means that containers regularly accumulate within the country and often have to be shipped out empty.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1296262/first-ship-leaves-gwadar-amid-fanfare
http://www.dawn.com/news/1296727

Last edited:
Well why shud senators be worried for enhancement of trades between China and India via CPEC? This ll nt only reduce tensions at the Indo Pak borders but indirectly deescalate tensions between the trio.

The only solution to CPEC problem is ICEC (India China Economic Corridor) but obviously not same as CPEC. China will not have free hand like in Pakistan but China can take advantage of better infra and stable social stability in Sikkim and WB to build a industrial corridor. But there will not be any free hand to sell Chinese products in Indian market and reverse should be allowed.

By this China will eliminate one of the largest enemy. Both sides win.

@Joe Shearer ??

I haven't read rest of your rhetoric because it doesn't mean anything. Chinese have brought their own Engineer's.... does it ring a bell? You are not even getting employment over the money for which you will be paying interest and returns? You have so many unemployed talent that is queuing up for Visa to USA or Europe... who can make nuclear bombs and precision guided missiles but doesn't have necessary expertise for roads or coal power plants? give me a break...

Obviously empty containers is posted in your media...

MPTY CONTAINERS: Several containers that were brought to Gwadar were empty, according to people privy to the arrangements. Pakistan’s persistent trade deficit means that containers regularly accumulate within the country and often have to be shipped out empty.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1296262/first-ship-leaves-gwadar-amid-fanfare
http://www.dawn.com/news/1296727
It just fills my eyes with tears when I See fellow Indians being so thoughftul of our plight :(.

If it makes you burn any better, heres the catch, the convoy was sent on pilot bases to check and run how smooth the transportation system is what can be done to improve. LOL the road networks connecting CPEC network is not even complete yet. This was just to silence the critics that yes we can undertake such project, we have the capacity.

As far as loan is concern, China has never given us grant or Aid unlike USA , which is actually good in a sense, forcing us to work our way through it. And might I inform you that in past China has also forgiven Loans or restructure them in very favourable basis. OFC after years of terrorism attacks, no one will be willing to invest on our country, We need to improve our credit rating to let FDI come in. China with its loan is certainly helping us, did you check the Moody rating from B- to B. Ofc For a country like India it wouldn't mean a shit, but for a country like Pakistan its a good breathing space.

You still have failed to observe the spill over effects of this projects, Such as I mentioned before of Trulish acquisition of PAkistan appliance manufacture, and French interests. OFc as an Indian you can only see and pick the negative parts that's all you can do.

Well here's the deal, If we are so doomed why are you so worried you should be happy, right ? But certainly most of you arent. Which means yes we are on right track.

And for FUK sake ! Indian are going to be the last people on planet earth to take advices from when it comes to Chinese Assistance. Its like us saying that Israel assistance for India is not good.

LOL Doesnt take a genius to figure out that why.

A country where the effects of American war on terror are still being felt, with chronic power shortages, it is no wonder that we can't fulfill our export orders, Hence, which is why CPEC focus is on building power generation capacity

Haha, i thought exactly the same thing. Its Chinese high IQ logic,

Then again, Chinese logically proved to send submarines via Brahmaputra river in India.

Most of the times they troll themselves without realizing it.

Supporting india china trade through cpec for profit????
Memons?

What i was referring to was Chinese goods going India through Pakistan.

I understood you the first time. If China is investing so heavily in your country they expect same kind of returns. By the way whose trucks will be used to transport inside Pakistan? Will it be Chinese trucks or Pakistani trucks?? If it is Chinese trucks they will not be happy sending empty trucks back after travelling such long distance.

As you are aware Afghans are also facing the same situation and they are not happy either.

What i was referring to was Chinese goods going India through Pakistan.
i already state many a time before that cpec is a road network only for efficient distribution of chinese goods ..thats all , it will target the domestic markets deep penitation and with help of the china govt subsidies will try distroyblocal menufecturing...
its same old game , since british rule...

indian govt will never going to allow this as they has already turned down the china-assam-bangladesh road link...
bangladesh can have its road link to china via mynmar...pakistan can have its own..
why they putting india in...if india see a need , we had several other locations to put road to connect china..

who going to check each packet of good entering into india via pakistan on security reasons..

Pakistan is perhaps the only nation on the face of this earth who's ego goes far beyond anything even the lowest level of common sense.
You don't cut your bread and butter to settle egoistic scores. CPEC is an opportunity for Pakistan to become regional trade and transit hub. If India, Afghanistan, Iran, China or even Israel wishes to join it, common man will welcome it (Leaving aside some brainwashed or warmongering fools). CPEC's real potential is to go beyond just ChinaPakistanEC.

is that it's a redundant route made in case Pacific or Indian ocean routes are blocked.
That is probably a factor - significant factor.

but loan given to Pakistan who has to pay the interest + committed returns through it's nose.
That's normal. The loan rates are favourable given the unique conditions that Pakistan finds itself in.

In other words, they have actually made you pay for their redundant route
Not really. Those roads, those power plants are in Pakistan. They connect differant regions of Pakistan - many remote regions have been opened up so Pakistani's benefit from they on day, to day basis and at the same time they can act as insurance for China. If the roads were blocked off and restricted to ony Chinese uses when they face problems you might have a point. But that is NOT the case.

Chinese like any investor have their reasons. However there is convergence of interest. It is win, win for both. Who is going to benefit the most? Well that depends on Pakistan. If it can use the potential offered by CPEC then it will be a big winner. Even if it fails to fully leverage the CPEC even then there will be benefits to cover the costs - for example theconnecting up ofdifferant regions of Pakistan many being remote.

I frankly hope CPEC is used to flood Pakistani market that destroys the franchize/assembling mafia which has the temerity to call itself 'industry'. Once the racketeers who manage franchize/assembling mafia are out of business it might give chance for Pakistani Tata's, Birla's to emerge.

Senator Mashadai MQM
No wonder he is vocal. Karachi is going to be most adversely effected by CPEC

Back
Top Bottom