What's new

Selex ES radar & other technology on JF-17?

Which service do you work for or do you represent the vendor I mean what is the basis of the statement ?
Buying different systems and support and logistics cost $$$$

A third world country even west will avoid havingultiple systems

Dear people who have worked in MoD understand requirements of military much better they are not rag tag keyboard warriors who use google or their family or friends to get info and be professor on defence forums.

Military purchases are not just based what you can afford, military planners also keep in mind the threat they have to face.

For Italy and Selex, a JF-17 deal would be larger than that for Gripen if India was to acquire it (which is only a possibility at this point). IF Pakistan has the money for it, the JF-17 block 3/4 deal would be much larger for Selex because they will be likely contracted to supply more than the radar but much of the advanced electronics (like an IRST like skyward-g, Britecloud DRFM) and would be in likely larger overall numbers to what India will buy (likely far north of 100 units) given that whichever AESA is selected will likely form the center of the electronics suite for both Block 3 and 4 AND that the Block 1 and 2 JF-17s will likely be upgraded to have the same radar if not other electronics like IRST, just as Block 1s were upgraded with Block 2 electronics. You are talking on the order of 200+ units for PAF alone. That does not include potential foreign sales like Nigeria, Central Asia, and possibly middle east if western radar like Raven ES-05 and the other above systems were on board.

It would also likely mean further defense sales for Italy in the field of SAMs for naval installations and possibly typhoon Tranche 1/2 (which I consider unlikely at best).

The question becomes does Pakistan/PAF see a way to get the deal done. Also, if the rumor of the Chinese successfully copying the Elta ELM 2052 AESA, then this may all be a moot point as that radar (Israeli in origin) would likely be cheaper for PAF and perform as well as Raven ES-05.

Hi,

I am mourning the death of my elder brother who passed away yesterday--.

In the next few days---I will start writing again and start with another campaign---where we will target TRAITORS in the air force---.

RIP

I think we must not put our hopes so high here because every European manufacturer who has been involved in the production of any fighter jet which India has her interest in, would wait for the outcome of Indian efforts to produce 200-300 single engine fighter in India under Make in India initiative of Modi government.

I think we must not put our hopes so high here because every European manufacturer who has been involved in the production of any fighter jet which India has her interest in, would wait for the outcome of Indian efforts to produce 200-300 single engine fighter in India under Make in India initiative of Modi government.
India would have to buy the Eurofighter to pull Leonardo-Finmeccanica away from competing for the JF-17 Block-III.

Hi,

In the next few days---I will start writing again and start with another campaign---where we will target TRAITORS in the air force---.
Very sad to hear about your loss. May Allah Almighty forgive his sins and alleviate his rank, and give his loved ones patience and perseverance to carry on.

SO sorry to read that. May ALLAH bless his soul, grant him peace and happiness in the eternal life and give patience and courage to his family and friends.

Hi,

Hi,

Sir, just read this post of yours. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. May Allah grant him Jannah and solace and fortitude to the family to bear and overcome this loss and pain.

Back
Top Bottom