What's new

Scenic beauty of my home-state Sikkim in India

sikkim_valley.jpg

sikkim.jpg

Tsongmolake.jpg

att00026.jpg

sikkim1.jpg

^^^ Beautiful :D :D....it look's very similiar to the Northern Area's of Pakistan :D

Can you tell us more about the location? :)
Sikkim is situated exactly between Republic of Nepal and Kingdom of Bhutan known as the 'finger area' of India in the Siliguri corridor: the thin corridor that separates Bangladesh from Bhutan and Nepal and is situated north to West Bengal.

Our place is known for its monasteries and calm way of life. Now gradually businesses especially of primary nature have started moving to Sikkim as being a hillstation we also boast some of the finest education in the country these days. Sikkim Manipal University is a reputed college in India where hundreds of students apply each year.

Other than that we are also one of the top-most tourist destinations in the country. Mount Kangchendzongkha (Kanchanjunga in Sanskrit) is our pride and is (seond) highest peak in India. Many expeditions have been made to this range.

We are also close to places like Darjeeling known for some of the finest tea in the world.

There are multiple communities within the state of Sikkim such as Lepchas, Bhutias, ethnic Nepalis, Gurkhas etc and now even south and north Indians as well. Many Tibetans especially the monks, also comprise a part of our society as they escaped purges in the People's Republic of China.

Hinduism and /or Vajrayana Buddhism (an amalgamation of philosophies of Gautama Buddha and ancient mainstream Hindu philosophies) are our faiths and it is easy to see monks meditating on hills in our state.

I will definitely visit sikkim.
I will try to convince my friends to visit sikkim next time we plan for a trip.
Loved the pics.:)

Having spent considerable time in Sikkim I can say with conviction that it is possibly the prettiest place in India . What makes it even better is the manner in which the state Govt & the people approach its development - very controlled and in sync with nature.

The approach road from Siliguri( NH) needed improvement , wonder if its any better.It used to be prone to landslides.

I am a rajasthani so i can say its a heaven, North east is undoubtfully the most Scenic in india, it has a huge potential for tourism and adventurous sports.

Sikkim North East India
135246575f24f21e507od1jr.jpg

1431731263400662.jpg

UjjayantaPalace_21390.jpg

Kangla Fort Complex
Shree-ShreeGovindaji_21390.jpg

Kachari Civilization
kamakhyatemple_21390.jpg

great pics...one of the most beautiful places that I have visited....great place and the nicest people.

I have visited Sikkimg many times,just cant get bored of it!!
Its such a brilliant place to be in

Back
Top Bottom