What's new

Saudi company in trouble after photos of models go viral

Saudi company in trouble after photos of models go viral
October 21, 2016 By: Samaa Web Desk Published in Social Buzz Be the first to comment!
saudi-young-models-579x480.jpg

RIYADH: Pictures of young Saudi women models posing in front of the pavilion of a luxurious car company at a local show went viral on social media, prompting a punitive action from the Kingdom authorities.

Saudi authorities say organizers of a motor show have violated the principles of the Islamic Shariah by using young models.

Saudi National Program for Conventions and Exhibitions has taken penal action against the organizer of the 10th edition of the Luxury Motor Show (EXCS), Jeddah for a number of violations, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Thursday.

The program has found the organizer guilty of violating the principles of the Islamic Shariah and the Saudi customs and traditions as well as the regulations of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development.

The organizer of the show has to sign an undertaking to immediately remove the violation and not to repeat it in future. The program emphasized that the Islamic values and customs shall be fully adhered to while organizing any exhibitions and conventions as well as the regulations for issuing licenses for holding exhibitions and events.

Earlier, the Jeddah Police detained officials of the Motor Show organizing company and some other car companies as part of their investigation into the violations. This was in line with a directive from Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, emir of Makkah and advisor to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, SPA reported adding that punitive measures will be taken against the violators.

According to reports, the organizers of the show, which opened on Tuesday in Jeddah, had reportedly violated the principles of the Islamic Shariah and the Saudi customs and traditions. An investigation into the violations has been launched following the pictures of young Saudi women models posing in front of the pavilion of a luxurious car company at the show went viral on social media.
http://www.samaa.tv/social-buzz/2016/10/saudi-company-in-trouble-after-photos-of-models-go-viral/
They are being let off lightly because they sell cars the Royal family likes :-//

@django @The Sandman @Moonlight

Useless and false nonsense news.

Anyway what in the world is "Samaa TV"? Where do they get their news from?

PDF at its best.

Anyway it was a great show for people that love luxury and sports cars.

CvEzN8aXgAEheqp.jpg:large

CvEzN8cXEAQjnWF.jpg:large

CvJV-zPXgAAQEVx.jpg:large

Long live Arab women.

Jeddah:

Let the usual suspects cry and write nonsense. All they are good at. Let them drown in their tears of misery.

Useless and false nonsense news.

Anyway what in the world is "Samaa TV"? Where do they get their news from?

PDF at its best.

Anyway it was a great show for people that love luxury and sports cars.

CvEzN8aXgAEheqp.jpg:large

CvEzN8cXEAQjnWF.jpg:large

CvJV-zPXgAAQEVx.jpg:large

Long live Arab women.

Jeddah:

Let the usual suspects cry and write nonsense. All they are good at. Let them drown in their tears of misery.
dont blame the messanger they picked it up from Saudi Gazzete
http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/23/saudi-arabia-arrests-models-for-posing-with-cars-at-show-6209701/
Metro too reported it my intention wasnt to hurt sentiments of anyone but from this news i was getting an impression that rules were being bent for them

The news is false. All that maters. I have not seen such article anywhere. As for that British tabloid pamphlet, I do not even open their links. Serial liars and manipulators.

Post 17 speaks for itself.

Besides the topic of this thread is a useless topic to discuss on a defense forum even if we pretend that this was genuine.

How many useless threads about KSA are made on this section on a weekly basis? I think KSA is the most discussed country here on this forum outside of Pakistan and India. Quite an achievement!
Metro was qouting Saudi Gazette
It could be false in that case Saudu Gazzete should issue an official apology to event organizers for tarnishing reputation

Saudi most discussed after Pakistan and India?
Not even close :D
US is most discussed after India

@Al-Andalus off topic I know,but do you have any insights on some infighting between MBN and MBS factions and who would be the next king ? Who do you prefere ?

@Al-Andalus off topic I know,but do you have any insights on some infighting between MBN and MBS factions and who would be the next king ? Who do you prefere ?

Not anything in particular other than the older faction within the House of Saud and most of the establishment (military, clergy, economic elite, old guard in general etc.) preferring the senior, more experienced and less "aggressive" MBN who would ensure more of a status quo rather than the adventurous and ambitious MBS that at least seems to be hell bent on changing the status quo politically, economically and socially. MBS is very popular among the youth and younger generation who make up the majority of the population.

As in every country, before any serious change, the elite/people in power tend to prefer status quo in fear of losing their influence. It is no different in KSA.

However eventually MBS will gain the upper hand or another person that will follow in the footsteps of the changes that MBS has spoken/speaks about openly. In other words, change is inevitable. The only question is how, how quick and when IMO.

Also it is worth noticing that MBN is very much pro-US (probably more than anyone else in the region) and that he has close ties to the US. I am sure that the US would prefer him in power first.

Personally I would have nothing against MBN ruling after King Salman and being a transition figure before, most likely, MBS would succeed him. By then a hopefully more experienced MBS.

Also the good thing about MBN is that he has only 2 daughters (no conflicts of interests) and that he is very harsh on terrorism. He himself survived a suicide bombing and was instrumental in defeating Al-Qaeda in KSA last decade.

Anyway let us see. A lot could theocratically change for the worse or better. This region, at least in our era, is very unpredictable and volatile despite KSA being an oasis of stability for the past 100 years or so if we look past a few relatively small internal and external conflicts here and there.

In general, whether people like it or not, Arab monarchies have done better than Arab republics. One could say the same about Europe in general too IMO. Another good example is Thailand compared to next door Myanmar.

Maybe it is a coincidence but it is interesting. Monarchies seem to ensure a bigger stability and guaranteed continuity.

Last edited:
Not anything in particular other than the older faction within the House of Saud and most of the establishment (military, clergy, economic elite, old guard in general etc.) preferring the senior, more experienced and less "aggressive" MBN who would ensure more of a status quo rather than the adventurous and ambitious MBS that at least seems to be hell bent on changing the status quo politically, economically and socially. MBS is very popular among the youth and younger generation who make up the majority of the population.

As in every country, before any serious change, the elite/people in power tend to prefer status quo in fear of losing their influence. It is no different in KSA.

However eventually MBS will gain the upper hand or another person that will follow in the footsteps of the changes that MBS has spoken/speaks about openly. In other words, change is inevitable. The only question is how, how quick and when IMO.

Also it is worth noticing that MBN is very much pro-US (probably more than anyone else in the region) and that he has close ties to the US. I am sure that the US would prefer him in power first.

Personally I would have nothing against MBN ruling after King Salman and being a transition figure before, most likely, MBS would succeed him. By then a hopefully more experienced MBS.

Also the good thing about MBN is that he has only 2 daughters (no conflicts of interests) and that he is very harsh on terrorism. He himself survived a suicide bombing and was instrumental in defeating Al-Qaeda in KSA last decade.

Anyway let us see. A lot could theocratically change for the worse or better. This region, at least in our era, is very unpredictable and volatile despite KSA being an oasis of stability for the past 100 years or so if we look past a few relatively small internal and external conflicts here and there.

In general, whether people like it or not, Arab monarchies have done better than Arab republics. One could say the same about Europe in general too IMO. Another good example is Thailand compared to next door Myanmar.

Maybe it is a coincidence but it is interesting. Monarchies seem to ensure a bigger stability and guaranteed continuity.

I knew,from what I've read here and there,that MBN is pro US.MBS is an unknown,heard,also here and there,that the Yemeni war took a toll on his ambitions.

Anyway,as I've tried to illuminate some folks on PDF (noone listened ofcourse),MBN has a terrific track record in fighting terrorism(probably the most succesfull Saudi Interior minister on that,and lucky to survive), and I love that.:enjoy:

I knew,from what I've read here and there,that MBN is pro US.MBS is an unknown,heard,also here and there,that the Yemeni war took a toll on his ambitions.

Anyway,as I've tried to illuminate some folks on PDF (noone listened ofcourse),MBN has a terrific track record in fighting terrorism(probably the most succesfull Saudi Interior minister on that,and lucky to survive), and I love that.:enjoy:

Speaking about monarchy and authority.

In the Arab world there is great respect for people of authority so I believe that monarchies serve our psyche and culture well. After all the first recorded monarchs in the world originate in the Arab world. Those lands, whether in Islamic or non-Islamic times, have always been ruled by monarchs of some sort. Even in Arab family hierarchies are well-defined.

There is a saying in the Arab world, in particular the Arabian Peninsula, that every family was a ruler once. Meaning that the number of principalities, sheikdoms, sultanates, kingdoms, emirates, imamates etc. was so great throughout history that practically every village was ruled by some dynasty and family. Hence the many honorific titles in Arabic and the obsession about genealogy which was the case long before Islam. In fact only Chinese can compete with Arabs on this front. Tracing genealogy and keeping track of it that is.

Even today tribal leaders, despite having little formal power anymore, have a very big authority. Compared to the aristocracy in Europe for instance.

I have little time for a long discussion (waiting for the NBA season to kickstart this night) but I could expand much more on what I am trying to say here.

As for the MBN, he is definitely the most pro-US House of Saud member that has any formal power. Interestingly his late father was one of the most conservative members of the family and not exactly pro-US. Also I don't know about any leader in the Muslim world who has survived 4 assassinations and who has such an impressive anti-terrorism track record. This is a guy who has trained at Scotland Yard and done security courses at FBI in the 1980's and 1990's.

Last edited:
There is a saying in the Arab world, in particular the Arabian Peninsula, that every family was a ruler once. Meaning that the number of principalities, sheikdoms, sultanates, kingdoms, emirates, imamates etc. was so great throughout history that practically every village was ruled by some dynasty and family. Hence the many honorific titles in Arabic and the obsession about genealogy which was the case long before Islam. In fact only Chinese can compete with Arabs on this front. Tracing genealogy and keeping track of it that is.

That's why I don't agree with the theory that the house of Saud is tilltering on collapse.

Now,I don't like the ideology in S. Arabia,I don't approve of it,but,unlike many do gooders,I understand that I'm a nobody and,more importantly,I understand that my likes are not the likes of others in the world.It's pretty clear that most Saudis like their country.And I tend to believe them,especially if they take a look around on what's happenning in the region,they would be foolish if they wanted to be the next Iraq/Syria.

I don't know.We were talking last night when all of a sudden he got banned.:what:
I thought there was some fiery exchange and he got banned and the convo got removed

Any who the news of models being arrested is false the company was just warned because some say they are good buddies with the dudes in power
It all ended on a happy note from what i read

Back
Top Bottom