What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

Saudi Arabia opens an aviation base for the National Guard

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Delivery of 153 Abrams M1A2S tanks to Saudi Arabia..

1644568832679.png

The most prominent specifications of the Saudi Abrams M1A2S:

- Added colored topographic map system
- Add separate screens
- Adding a remote audit system
- Addition of a new generation thermal vision system
- Addition of a system to facilitate throwing during movement, at night or during the day
- Development of fire management systems
- Development systems for sensing danger
- Upgrade of the shield to the composite type
- Upgrading the engine to a true multi-fuel system
- Changing the ambient sensors for the new generation
- Change GPS and add tank locator
- Changing the intercom system inside the tank
- Upgrading electrical systems and changing the battery
- Maintaining the silent monitoring period without the need to use the parallel electrical system auxiliary power source
- Determine the status of the tank wirelessly by the command and control center
- Increased fuel tank space
- Placing the parallel electrical system under the new shielding
- Increasing the visibility horizon of the archer, developing the night and thermal vision system to keep pace with this increase
- Installing a laser standard to accurately determine the distance of the target
- Installing a fault detection system
- Installation of the FBCB2 system
- Installing an automatic engine cleaning system

1644651548670.png

Almost the entire fleet is upgraded to the Saudi standard locally with Saudi hands since 2012..

Attachments

• 1644567984912.png
    1644567984912.png
    317.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
This is from 2016, Eurofighter Typhoon #8014 undergoing testing before its final paint job and delivery to the kingdom. What an incredibly beautiful machine. You can see the outline of the spine air brake directly behind that cool-looking glass cockpit.

1650122410941.png

The fella who posted this pic on Twitter is an ex-Royal Navy F-4 Phantom pilot from the 70's & 80s and commented that this "wasn't his favorite livery," which I'm guessing means the ceremonial paint scheme. I think it's perfect for the patriotism it's meant to show.

1650122696135.png

It is possible now that Italy removed its sanctions on arms trade with KSA..

I have a question.

How much work is done in Saudi Arabia (Zamil Offshore etc.) in relation to that Navantia deal signed with Spain?

I found this article.

Also what are the future plans of the Saudi Arabian Navy? Is it not a bit underwhelming considering the huge coastline of KSA and the fact that Saudi Arabia has one of the largest shipping fleets in the world and some of the busiest ports in the world? Not to mention the whole gas and oil trade and sector. Looking at it from the outside it looks really underwhelming compared to the RSAF and the land forces. I could be wrong though.

Is SAMI or other local defense firms turning their attention to the naval sector? Something that I also started wondering about once the Yemen conflict began, would/are Saudi Arabia interested in building a permanent presence in coastal eastern Yemen thus securing access to the Arabian Sea?

I have a question.

How much work is done in Saudi Arabia (Zamil Offshore etc.) in relation to that Navantia deal signed with Spain?

I found this article.

Also what are the future plans of the Saudi Arabian Navy? Is it not a bit underwhelming considering the huge coastline of KSA and the fact that Saudi Arabia has one of the largest shipping fleets in the world and some of the busiest ports in the world? Not to mention the whole gas and oil trade and sector. Looking at it from the outside it looks really underwhelming compared to the RSAF and the land forces. I could be wrong though.

Is SAMI or other local defense firms turning their attention to the naval sector? Something that I also started wondering about once the Yemen conflict began, would/are Saudi Arabia interested in building a permanent presence in coastal eastern Yemen thus securing access to the Arabian Sea?
You find the answers in this thread..check it out..
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/made-in-ksa.475488/page-61

What is the current state and readiness of SANG? I remember that it played a prominent role during the reign of King Abdullah aned many purchases were made. Nowadays you don’t seem to hear much about them.

It would have been cool if they had kept their old all-white clothing.

Also how widespread is the participation of women nowadays?

1853526.jpeg

Eu3V1aHXcAoHhPY

dhaka-tribune-1632480101066.jpg

saudi-women-armed-forces1648225259-0.jpg

I must admit that I did not imagine that happening in Saudi Arabia but good for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom