What's new

Saudi Arabia unveils SAAB-2000 AWACS to the public

I don't disagree with you I am just saying that home should always be the priority and that we should be cautious with what "we" do in this regard. I learnt quite a few things from the events yesterday. You probably too.
One needs to ignore what people say in pain and what individuals do if you judge friendships of nations by individuals then you would find alot of examples where arabs are not exactly the best of friends either

@al-Hasani
i have a question for u
how long saudi arabia can remain unaffected with low oil prices

Time will tell. I covered this issue one or two weeks ago. Can't find the thread. In any case there are many more knowledgeable people than me that know much more about this issue. Be aware of the source though. Often there is a strong agenda.

One needs to ignore what people say in pain and what individuals do if you judge friendships of nations by individuals then you would find alot of examples where arabs are not exactly the best of friends either

Of course. Yet I did not expect that amount of hatred, unfunded accusations, blaming everything (read only KSA almost) but anything but themselves. And for me to be insulted heavily for expressing condolences as the second user from the ME (we are not many Arabs here on PDF to begin with) was quite an eyeopener. The moderators encouraging that similar blame game and behavior. I actually decided to delete my initial post as it was only meet with insults and I am not going to tolerate that while I as a foreigner am expressing sorrow, asking questions etc.

I frankly do not want to be blamed simply for having ancestral ties to KSA (Hijaz) among other areas (judged by my flag), blamed for what my leaders do (unelected - at least you elected your leaders) nor do I want my government to spend billions of dollars on foreign lands and mostly only get ungratefulness and hatred in return.

All while KSA (contrary to popular belief) have many people in need for that money and huge challenges to face.

This is not the first time that I have experienced such behavior. Even in non-heated occasions.

I have never claimed that Arabs are saints nor am I responsible for what other Arabs do nor does it mean that I do not like Pakistan and Pakistanis and wish all the best for them. Of course I am not that simplistic to judge a whole nation (based on users on PDF) as I myself know many Pakistanis in private and have known since my childhood. Some long-time friends.

It's just makes you question some things. Just like you question the role of foreigners. Also now some are complaining why no Arabs extended condolences despite there being 4 and despite the fact that are only 10 active Arab users or so. Every day in the Arab world people and children are dyeing. Should we cry why more Pakistani users are not showing interest? Yesterday 15 Yemeni school girls died. Not even a thread was made about it. Well I made a thread but deleted it again as people were trolling.

Such behavior is not something I expect from a brotherly nation or an ally. At least that's not how I behave.

Yet we are the "evil" ones.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you I am just saying that home should always be the priority and that we should be cautious with what "we" do in this regard. I learnt quite a few things from the events yesterday. You probably too.

Many Pakistanis blaming Saudi Arabia for Taliban attack? Of course they would, their Mullah at their local mosque/Husseniya would be very happy they did that.

You should not take what people say on the internet seriously especially a forum like this. Where it attracts (how can I put this politely) ****s. Anyway I have been thinking about leaving this forum for awhile now and have actually have done so before, but that had more to do with me starting to hate all Indians :lol: but realized this forum attracts the most nationalistic and in most cases most hateful people so I just tend to ignore them and talk to handful of reasonable Indian posters.

Well I made a thread but deleted it again as people were trolling.
i apologize for that.
Yet I did not expect that amount of hatred, unfunded accusations, blaming everything (read only KSA almost) but anything but themselves.
oh do not worry we were blaming everyone including our own armed forces. Rather then deal with problems we as Pakistanis like to find conspiracy theories.
This is not the first time that I have experienced such behavior. Even in non-heated occasions.
Ok for that one can only apologize. The problem is people not understanding the Taliban Al Qaeda linked funding with regards to USSR and the disregard to its after math in regards to Pakistan. The other issue is the conspiracy of proxy wars with regards to sectarian wars. We need to fix problems but that is difficult and thus we act like idiots for which i again apologize.

Time will tell. I covered this issue one or two weeks ago. Can't find the thread. In any case there are many more knowledgeable people than me that know much more about this issue. Be aware of the source though. Often there is a strong agenda.

Of course. Yet I did not expect that amount of hatred, unfunded accusations, blaming everything (read only KSA almost) but anything but themselves. And for me to be insulted heavily for expressing condolences as the second user from the ME (we are not many Arabs here on PDF to begin with) was quite an eyeopener. The moderators encouraging that similar blame game and behavior. I actually decided to delete my initial post as it was only meet with insults and I am not going to tolerate that while I as a foreigner am expressing sorrow, asking questions etc.

I frankly do not want to be blamed simply for having ancestral ties to KSA (Hijaz) among other areas (judged by my flag), blamed for what my leaders do (unelected - at least you elected your leaders) nor do I want my government to spend billions of dollars on foreign lands and mostly only get ungratefulness and hatred in return.

All while KSA (contrary to popular belief) have many people in need for that money and huge challenges to face.

I have never claimed that Arabs are saints nor am I responsible for what other Arabs do nor does it mean that I do not like Pakistan and Pakistanis and wish all the best for them. Of course I am not that simplistic to judge a whole nation (based on users on PDF) as I myself know many Pakistanis in private and have known since my childhood. Some long-time friends.

It's just makes you question some things. Just like you question the role of foreigners. Also now some are complaining why no Arabs extended condolences despite there being 4 and despite the fact that are only 10 active Arab users or so. Every day in the Arab world people and children are dyeing. Should we cry why more Pakistani users are not showing interest? Yesterday 15 Yemeni school girls died. Not even a thread was made about it. Well I made a thread but deleted it again as people were trolling.

Such behavior is not something I expect from a brotherly nation or an ally. At least that's not how I behave.

I haven't a doubt in my mind that the majority of those who attacked you, me and others in that thread, were gleaning with a smile from one ear to the other over the death of these children just so that they can spread their propaganda because of it. Do not concern yourself with animals is all I am going to tell you.

You should not take what people say on the internet seriously especially a forum like this. Where it attracts (how can I put this politely) ****s. Anyway I have been thinking about leaving this forum for awhile now and have actually have done so before, but that had more to do with me starting to hate all Indians :lol: but realized this forum attracts the most nationalistic and in most cases most hateful people so I just tend to ignore them and talk to handful of reasonable Indian posters.

Please read my post number 19. Carefully. PDF has this effect on you. I have also written some bullshit that I do not really believe and that I am not proud of. Yet this is not about PDF (it's like any other forum out there and place where you have lots of different people from across the world) I just wanted to touch upon this issue with a compatriot.

I haven't a doubt in my mind that the majority of those who attacked you, me and others in that thread, were gleaning with a smile from one ear to the other over the death of these children just so that they can spread their propaganda because of it. Do not concern yourself with animals is all I am going to tell you.

Oh, the 2-3 Farsis already did. How could it be any differently? Some of them were even being apologetic for 1 terrorist group but complaining about the other. Hence why I deleted it as I will not tolerate such nonsense to be written in a thread were 15 school girls died. Then better for it to be "unknown" here.

That is one thread I did not want any trolling in (Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids) but look at the state of it right now. Its people blaming Indians, Afghans, and Arabs or fighting between each other. It should have been a thread were Pakistanis came united, in condemning extremists.

For Muslim brothers here, there is another plane like C-295 AW&E, if you want to buy it, please buying it from PT Dirgantara Indonesia. It is Airbus made but we have cooperation with them. I believe we can also make this version by using CN-235 platform since we also help Turkey to upgrade their CN-235 into ASW version.

C295_AEWC_2.jpg

For Muslim brothers here, there is another plane like C-295 AW&E, if you want to buy it, please buying it from PT Dirgantara Indonesia. It is Airbus made but we have cooperation with them. I believe we can also make this version by using CN-235 platform since we also help Turkey to upgrade their CN-235 into ASW version.

C295_AEWC_2.jpg

Indos whenever you get into power in Indonesia (you clearly have the potential) then please try to work for even closer ties with the Arab world and in particular the GCC. We could use some of your help and look towards you to see a functioning modern Muslim state that is showing the world that Muslims can succeed without making too much of a fuss. Even if located in a somewhat "isolated" corner of the world and not having many natural resources. Of course your huge population helps (look at for instance Nigeria) but that's the luck (depends on how you see it) of the most populated states.:)

Indos whenever you get into power in Indonesia (you clearly have the potential) then please try to work for even closer ties with the Arab world and in particular the GCC. We could use some of your help and look towards you to see a functioning modern Muslim state that is showing the world that Muslims can succeed without making too much of a fuss. Even if located in a somewhat "isolated" corner of the world and not having many natural resources. Of course your huge population helps (look at for instance Nigeria) but that's the luck (depends on how you see it) of the most populated states.:)

Thanks for the complement mate, well we should dream high, and I also see much potential of you that I hope can be end up of something great in the future :-)

Saudi is also a great nation, and with a good leadership there, it can drive faster, democratic nation like us need more effort in governing, trust me mate :partay:

Back to the topic, actually we both lack of personal touch to each other (our leaders), and PT Dirgantara currently get the helped from Saudi via Islamic Development Bank to issue credit export for our product, I somehow wonder why didn't we try get Saudi help when IMF prohibit our government to finance N-2130 and N-250 program during 1998-2004. We get the recent help because of our previous state own minister (Dahlan Iskan) have personal relation with Saudi officials that he met during Umrah visit several years ago. I believe that our CN-235 which was sold to Senegal used this scheme. :agree:

Thanks for the complement mate, well we should dream high, and I also see much potential of you that I hope can be end up of something great in the future :-)

Saudi is also a great nation, and with a good leadership there, it can drive faster, democratic nation like us need more effort in governing, trust me mate :partay:

Back to the topic, actually we both lack of personal touch to each other (our leaders), and PT Dirgantara currently get the helped from Saudi via Islamic Development Bank to issue credit export for our product, I somehow wonder why didn't we try get Saudi help when IMF prohibit our government to finance N-2130 and N-250 program during 1998-2004. We get the recent help because of our previous state own minister (Dahlan Iskan) have personal relation with Saudi officials that he met during Umrah visit several years ago. I believe that our CN-235 which was sold to Senegal used this scheme. :agree:

Well, especially as we have very old historical ties, ancestral (millions of Indonesians of Arab or partial Arab origin and likewise a significant number of people in KSA of Indonesian origins), Islamic ties (Islam was spread by Muslim Arab merchants and sailors) we are both G-20 major economies member states and most importantly we face many of the similar challenges such as being developing nations and having ongoing industrialization (which you are ahead in btw).

Yes, I have for long been calling for closer ties between the GCC and Indonesia/Malaysia/Brunei etc. Well relations between states are not static my friend but we can only hope that they will increase.

I for instance would like to see Saudi Arabian cooperation with IPTN.

I do not know if you recall this but this year (January) "we" signed a defense cooperation agreement covering training, education, counter-terrorism, and defense industry cooperation. It was the first such agreement that you guys signed with a ME country.
Especially the last thing (defense industry cooperation) I would very much like to see enhanced. Indonesia can be a very great partner and a very helpful one at that.

I also believe that Indonesia’s defense industry could win lucrative Saudi contracts in the future. Anyway you are well aware of my pro South East Asia stance and that I believe that you are a example to follow on many fronts.:)

We should defiantly engage in some joint project of worth in the near future.

Last edited:
Actually the Saudi Aircraft is part of the package that Pakistan was involved in, Saudi Arabia bought 6 for itself and I think 5 for Pakistan I think.
i hope this sort of packages heppen more often in future

@al-Hasani

There is Naval exercise recently between Indonesian Navy and Saudi Navy, last month if I am not mistaken. We used our new corvette there.

If you see our latest news, our Minister of Defense has said to Janes that want to have about 90 % of our military weapons made in Indonesia within 10 years from now. So, a lot of cooperation can be made to achieve that, Saudi can be another Muslim countries after Turkey (tank) and Iran (radar) to cooperate with us to create military product.

Saudi of course can cooperate with IPTN, just like Turkey with its CN 235 ASW version. I believe we can cooperate in making CN 235 AWACS or CN 235 gunship together. Currently we try to make CN 235 Next generation (longer body) that is likely going to be like C-295 of Airbus.

We surely need to increase cooperation between Muslim countries, particularly the most important ones like Saudi, Turkey, Pakistan, and Iran (dont like the way they do in Syria though). Latest Naval exercise means that current administration of Indonesia is going to continue previous policy. I believe that we are not just a friend of interest since we are really brothers and this tied is given directly by our God.

:cheers:

A photograph emerged on social media on 16 December apparently showing a Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) ceremony to mark the arrival of a Saab 2000 aircraft equipped with the Swedish company's Erieye airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) radar.

Saudi social media sources reported that the ceremony took place at the King Faisal Air Academy in Riyadh and that the aircraft would be operated by 60 Squadron.

Saab was forced by financial reporting rules to reveal the SEK4.5 billion (then worth USD670 million) deal to sell the system to Saudi Arabia more than four years ago in 2010. The announcement suggested only one Erieye aircraft would be delivered to the kingdom to supplement the RSAF's existing fleet of E-3 Sentry AEW&C aircraft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom