What's new

Saudi Arabia unveils SAAB-2000 AWACS to the public

Gasoline

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia unveiled its Saab 2000 Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) Aircraft during a graduation ceremony held in Riyadh King Faisal Academy by presence of prince Salman bin Abdulaziz.

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3].jpg

What a SCAM this kink is...

Unveil as if they indigenously made it...

no they arent...its just an induction ceremony!!! And we should be happy b/c it attests to the fact that its a good platform. We also operate these.

Yes. Were are always happy.

The weapons when needed are not used.

The weapon procurement helps them legitimize their throne and help out their backers.

When did we need to use the aircraft?? We are not fighting a conventional war in which it can be regularly used.

their primary backers are the Americans....this is a Swedish aircraft

This makes me cry. Erieyes in general make me cry. I want our two Erieyes to come back. :cry:

Looks very brand new

Because they are very brand new. It is not induction cemernony after all.

When did we need to use the aircraft?? We are not fighting a conventional war in which it can be regularly used.

their primary backers are the Americans....this is a Swedish aircraft

This guy has a personal grudge, no use trying to make a conversation here. He got angry for the choice of words. Hopeless he is.

nothing to be angry about an induction (graduation?) ceremony....anyways - glad to see this is in use by another Air Force. Its a capable platform indeed

Face palm for those who claimed that KSA bought one ERIEYE for Pakistan :lol:

BTW can any Saudi member provide history of this aircraft, like old serial no. previous service etc .... Please.

Face palm for those who claimed that KSA bought one ERIEYE for Pakistan :lol:

BTW can any Saudi member provide history of this aircraft, like old serial no. previous service etc .... Please.

Actually the Saudi Aircraft is part of the package that Pakistan was involved in, Saudi Arabia bought 6 for itself and I think 5 for Pakistan I think.

Actually the Saudi Aircraft is part of the package that Pakistan was involved in, Saudi Arabia bought 6 for itself and I think 5 for Pakistan I think.

This is off-topic but what do you think about some of the regime moves in that department? I mean financing other countries military purchases etc. and gaining nothing in return economically but mostly hatred and accusations of meddling? All while the money could have been spent back home where there are plenty of issues to settle and improve.

This is off-topic but what do you think about some of the regime moves in that department? I mean financing other countries military purchases etc. and gaining nothing in return economically but mostly hatred and accusations of meddling? All while the money could have been spent back home where there are plenty of issues to settle and improve.

Saudi Government understand that you don't buy people, you buy governments. And these deals help us hold a few countries under our sphere of influence. So yes I am all for expanding our sphere of influence.

Saudi Government understand that you don't buy people, you buy governments. And these deals help us hold a few countries under our sphere of influence. So yes I am all for expanding our sphere of influence.

I don't disagree with you I am just saying that home should always be the priority and that we should be cautious with what "we" do in this regard. I learnt quite a few things from the events yesterday. You probably too.

Back
Top Bottom