What's new

Saudi Arabia (KACTS) has developed SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) satellites

SARsat have their own informative website for those interested.

Scientific paper from KAUST talking about how SAR technology is used in the agricultural sector within KSA in relation to irrigaton management. More precisely in olive orchards.

As a tool in seismology within KSA. Another paper from 2022.

@hamza gareeb do you know if there are any new updates? I can't seem to find anything of late.

It would be interesting to see the state of the project nowadays. Has to be at the final stage.

Translation:

Space publication entitled: Radar imaging and dual-frequency SAR satellites and the global priority struggle between King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) in front of a consortium that brings together NASA & ISRO

Translation:

A quick look at the beginning at the meaning of SAR or Synthetic Aperture Radar, which means synthetic aperture radar, or according to its common meaning, radar imaging. Radar imaging techniques are used in many atmospheric applications, as they send their waves to the surface of the earth and are reflected in accurate two-dimensional images.

Translation:

Then reprocessing the images to obtain high-resolution 3D images. SAR imaging techniques are used in combat aircraft, reconnaissance aircraft, drones, and airships, as well as satellites to create accurate images. Some Saudi projects dedicated to aircraft, radar detectors and sighting radars

Translation:

Advantages of radio imaging SAR The main advantage of SAR imaging devices is that monitoring is carried out regardless of weather or day or night lighting conditions that are not affected. In other words, SAR satellites can be used at night or with thick cloud cover over the area of interest and very accurate images can be drawn.

Translation:

SAR satellites are well suited for monitoring change such as landslides or rising water levels. - It can also estimate the number of cars that appeared in a parking lot during the night, or the number of containers that disappeared from the port.

Translation:

It can also be used successfully to monitor the condition of infrastructure, such as gas or oil pipelines, etc. The SAR satellite is well suited for maritime traffic monitoring as well. This is because ships or warships can easily be captured on the water.

Oh yeah ?
Who really developed it, say the truth if you know it,
and where are the people who actually developed it ( hint not in Saudi anymore except for one ).

Oh yeah ?
and where are the people who actually developed it ( hint not in Saudi anymore except for one ).

Huh? Do you have any evidence that backs up your (so far) completely empty claims? Even the photos and videos disapprove your theory.

What truth? I am barely posting the news and using the Google Translate function on Twitter to save the translation work. I have nothing to do with the project.

Anyway you have to be incredibly naive to think that KSA, which has the highest ranked universities in the entire Muslim world and which has 10.000's of local STEM graduates home and abroad on a yearly basis, are not capable of or not engaging in such projects, when that quite clearly is the case.

There is no shortage of political will (the ongoing enormous industrialization push in KSA on all fronts is a living proof of this) nor economic shortages either.

Yes, in places like KAUST, there will be foreign cooperation but this is completely normal in every Western university as well. US/Western universities are full of foreign professors, scholars, lecturers, students etc.

I don't get this obsession that some Pakistanis have of trying to downplay anything remotely related to Arabs, it is really strange.

no idea tell now.

Hopefully we will soon see new updates soon.

Last edited:
Huh? Do you have any evidence that backs up your (so far) completely empty claims? Even the photos and videos disapprove your theory.

What truth? I am barely posting the news and using the Google Translate function on Twitter to save the translation work. I have nothing to do with the project.

Anyway you have to be incredibly naive to think that KSA, which has the highest ranked universities in the entire Muslim world and which has 10.000's of local STEM graduates home and abroad on a yearly basis, are not capable of or not engaging in such projects, when that quite clearly is the case.

There is no shortage of political will (the ongoing enormous industrialization push in KSA on all fronts is a living proof of this) nor economic shortages either.

Yes, in places like KAUST, there will be foreign cooperation but this is completely normal in every Western university as well. US/Western universities are full of foreign professors, scholars, lecturers, students etc.

I don't get this obsession that some Pakistanis have of trying to downplay anything remotely related to Arabs, it is really strange.

Hopefully we will soon see new updates soon.

Serving 13 of everything from their defense, finance, government and telecom.

You probably are half my age.

This begs the question that wtf is suparco and spd doing for the last few decades? the lt gen heading spd, and the maj gen heading suaprco should and must be held accountable and punished severely for their failure.

Oh yeah ?
saudis are moving ahead under new leadership. they are not comparable to their counterparts from even a decade ago. but yes, since they are new in this field, they would have most probably launched a JV for this.

saudis are moving ahead under new leadership. they are not comparable to their counterparts from even a decade ago. but yes, since they are new in this field, they would have most probably launched a JV for this.

That is true,
I was just associated with this particular venture; so i needed to correct the post.

would love to know more about this!

🤫

That would be unprofessional.
However I would say as much.
Saudis are progressing at a massive speed,
they have the best of the best to strategize for them, and they have the money
to put those blueprints into motion and turn into reality.

Saudi problem is their tribal setup, and people born in the 60s, and 70s, are suffering from it.
these same people display the same problems in organizations.

My guess is that , it will take another 15-20 years before saudis can overcome this problem,
and by then they will way far ahead of the rest.

🤫

That would be unprofessional.
However I would say as much.
Saudis are progressing at a massive speed,
they have the best of the best to strategize for them, and they have the money
to put those blueprints into motion and turn into reality.

Saudi problem is their tribal setup, and people born in the 60s, and 70s, are suffering from it.
these same people display the same problems in organizations.

My guess is that , it will take another 15-20 years before saudis can overcome this problem,
and by then they will way far ahead of the rest.
if the saudis are going all-in on tech, then there is no chance or place for countries like pakistan to do anything.

if the saudis are going all-in on tech, then there is no chance or place for countries like pakistan to do anything.

Absolutely NOTHING,
unfortunately Pakistan is going in a total opposite direction,
and the reason for that is that the chief strategists ( establishment ) have ZERO
understanding of, or care for science and technology.
Without hiding behind NUST etc,

Fast of the matter is that the establishment has had EME, MCS, CME, etc since decades
and they have nothing worth while to show of their achievements.

Our establishment likes to see everything from a single lens, and that is their own lens.

anything else is not comprehensible to them.

Absolutely NOTHING,
unfortunately Pakistan is going in a total opposite direction,
and the reason for that is that the chief strategists ( establishment ) have ZERO
understanding of, or care for science and technology.
Without hiding behind NUST etc,

Fast of the matter is that the establishment has had EME, MCS, CME, etc since decades
and they have nothing worth while to show of their achievements.

Our establishment likes to see everything from a single lens, and that is their own lens.

anything else is not comprehensible to them.
what can you expect from a country where the Ministry of science and technology is the most pathetic ministry and is usually handed out as a punishment or to a docile person with no understanding of either of the two.

Back
Top Bottom