What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

Wonderful pictures! I was stationed in Saudi Arabia twice, during the 1980's and fell in love with the country and it's culture. Very fond memories, working with RSAF (Alongside PAF members, btw.), mostly in the Eastern Province. The country has been transformed through decades of growth since then, I think. I miss the hospitality, the great food, and meeting so many brother falconers!

Yes, it is virtually a different country compared to 30 years ago in terms of infrastructure and many other things. KSA is indeed a very diverse and amazing country in terms of beauty and nature. I am glad that you had a good time and you are very welcome to visit in private this time.

Oh, falcons are amazing animals. I like them a lot too and obviously falconry.

You might like this video below:

Falconry, a living human heritage - YouTube

Desert Dunes - Explore Front Page by TARIQ-M, on Flickr

Dune by Alkassim, on Flickr

KSA - Hail by Jabr AL-Omran, on Flickr

Hail City by D7im Al D7im, on Flickr

Zyaan by Mohammed Albuhaisi, on Flickr

al-dahna sand by meshal al-mazyad, on Flickr

Beautiful pictures, (And video! :pop:), al-Hasani. I am intrigued by the ones showing snow. It's hard to believe their could ever be snow in the Arabian peninsula. I have never been in the western part, however. The pictures with the moon look almost otherworldly. Wonderful!

Beautiful pictures, (And video! :pop:), al-Hasani. I am intrigued by the ones showing snow. It's hard to believe their could ever be snow in the Arabian peninsula. I have never been in the western part, however. The pictures with the moon look almost otherworldly. Wonderful!

First of all thank you and you are very welcome.

Well, snowfall is actually something that occurs every single year in parts of the Arabian Peninsula. Mostly in the Northern parts of KSA and especially Tabuk Province.

After all the whole Western and Southern parts of the Arabian Peninsula are mountainous regions especially in Hejaz (Western KSA), Southwestern KSA and Yemen that is known as the Switzerland of the Arab world. Sana'a itself is located at a height of 2250 meter above sea level. In comparison the altitude of Denver is 700 meters lower.

Another example, albeit from KSA, is the city of Ta'if in Hejaz that is located nearly 2000 meters above sea level. Snowfall took place there at the end of March and at the beginning of April this very year. Although the snowfall was not comparable to what you can witness during an American winter, obviously.

The weather in all those areas is pleasant all year long. The Arabian Peninsula is very diverse. Many just don't realize it. The Red Sea for example have the biggest coral reefs anywhere in the world besides the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the coastlines are several thousand km long and largely untouched. Then you have the Arabian Sea in the South, Gulf in the East etc. All very beautiful waters with unspoiled beaches. Alone in the Tabuk Province there are over 100 islands (Red Sea). Yemen has 200, among them the famous Socotra island that is described as "another world on earth" due to its unique nature, fauna and geography and isolated location.

The Arabian Peninsula is also a place of contradictions. You have a very modern UAE with nightclubs etc. like anywhere in the West and next door you have KSA. At the same time you have Yemen which is still a very traditional country in all matters, especially the architecture and then compare it with Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain and large parts of KSA in terms of architecture and modernity.

Many believe that KSA is just one country without any regional differences in terms of history, culture, religion (in terms of sects - nearly all locals are Muslims obviously) cuisine, dialects, traditions etc. but that is also very wrong. KSA is a very diverse country on many fronts let alone other countries on the Arabian Peninsula.

Sorry for the long posts. I try to avoid any talk here and just post pictures.

6042935190_c5344d5934.jpg

4534812393_d9ccba677c_z.jpg

4694412216_26f5078d1e_z.jpg

4189711258_6c43d8ea59.jpg

4411078789_b3c37e6d71.jpg

4054132026_dbb57790e6.jpg

4401710752_567eed2784_z.jpg

Anyway most of the pictures posted on this page (32) are from just one province in KSA - the Ha'il Province, especially the pictures in this post.

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @al-Hasani @JUBA Hey brothers as Ramadan is coming please tell how Saudis I mean real Saudis not from other countries prepare for Ramadan what they eat in sehar and Aftar and what are other activities which you guys do please tell me I really want to know and @BLACKEAGLE you please tell about Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:
@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @al-Hasani @JUBA Please post the pictures of food which you eat at Dawn and at aftar in Ramadan

I will return to you, if I remember it, before the start of the Ramadan.

For now I will post some pictures of KSA.

2yjvez4.jpg

Wheat with sunset.. by mzna al.khaled, on Flickr

The golden beach by AYMAN-ALKANDERI, on Flickr

Saudi Arabia. Tabuk 2010 by © Saud AL-Jethli, Photo, on Flickr

هـدوء by © Saud AL-Jethli, Photo, on Flickr

Saudi Arabia - Tabuk , by © Saud AL-Jethli, Photo, on Flickr

Untitled by © Saud AL-Jethli, Photo, on Flickr

الطـــفل المـــسلم by © Saud AL-Jethli, Photo, on Flickr

@al-Hasani nice pics keep them coming:tup:

here take this :cheesy:

9171213282_b3ab827143_b.jpg

:tup:

A few years from now on and clever planning and then Riyadh will rival Dubai just be a better city for Muslims. We are heading towards very good times, ان شاء الله, and the rest of KSA is also only advancing. We already have plenty of beauty as all pictures in this thread clearly show.

:tup:

Back
Top Bottom