What's new

Saudi Arabia bars Nigerian planes carrying Pakistani arms

India is a British creation that is 67 years and a former British colony. KSA was created by Ibn Saud who conquered all other kingdoms, emirates, sheikdoms, sultanates etc. in the part of Arabia that later became known as KSA. Never was any single part of what is now KSA a Western colony nor did they create anything. The only thing that "they" did (read Americans) was to make an alliance with the House of Saud. The House of Saud (I am no fan of them) already ruled large areas of modern-day KSA (Najd) long before Westerners gained a foothold in the ME.

Back to the school books.

Very amusing..... Ibn saud was only a tribal leader who got propped up by the British for some time and American for all times to fight with his fellow tribal leaders and most importantly the Ottoman Empire. If the Westen Countries had not turned on the Turks; then Ibn Saud would have just remained another tribal leader. So the House of Saud and KSA was born in London and Washington with the British and Americans acting as midwives.

So; now back to your school-books. ;)

Wahabism/Salafism is a new religion. You can read historical facts or islamic facts. Whatever happened was Allah's will, you get no credit.

Then so is Sunni, Shia Islam and Sufism. All of those originated in my land and among my people. Before Islam my people (Semites) had some of the greatest if not the greatest civilizations. Our history unlike many other peoples is not solely confined to our religion. Despite some of our own retards in the Arab world being hellbent on ignoring our very rich pre-Islamic history.

@al-Hasani if you are Muslim then you should know that Islam is the deen even Adam(A.S.)... Unless of course you are a pure nationalist... Don't write things that will hurt your belief just to win petty debates and arguments.

We were talking about the rise of Islam. I know that almost all the Prophets predating Prophet Muhammad (saws) originated in our region.

Of course I am a nationalist. Everyone on PDF is.

That troll has no problem with attributing "Wahhabism" to KSA but when I use that logic against him and write historical facts he can only cry as a reply. For instance that Islam, Sunni and Shia Islam and Sufism originated in KSA and the Arab world. Or that my ancestors were who they were.

Nor has this anything to do with the topic.

1) There is no proof of KSA supporting Boko Haram.

2) I don't care about Boko Haram.

3) This news is likely false.

4) If it was correct then there is no need for crying as the Nigerian regime has proven time and time again that they are part of the problem in Nigeria.

5) Muslims and Christians in Nigeria have been killing each other for decades long before anything called Boko Haram emerged.

6) Christians are no better than Muslims in Nigeria. South Sudan and the Central African Republic confirm this as well to use other Sub-Saharan African states as examples.

7) KSA and Nigeria have relatively good ties. I don't know about any disputes or problems. Well other than too many illegal Nigerians arriving to KSA and some being criminals.

8) The Nigerian army has a proven record when it comes to massacres on Muslims so why should KSA help them?

9) The UN or the African League should deal with this problem similar to how the civil war was/is dealt with in the Côte d'Ivoire and Rwanda back in the day.

10) I think that I did enough of explaining by now. Let the "Wahhabi" this and that zombies take over from now on.

Very amusing..... Ibn saud was only a tribal leader who got propped up by the British for some time and American for all times to fight with his fellow tribal leaders and most importantly the Ottoman Empire. If the Westen Countries had not turned on the Turks; then Ibn Saud would have just remained another tribal leader. So the House of Saud and KSA was born in London and Washington with the British and Americans acting as midwives.

So; now back to your school-books. ;)

How dumb are you? Apparently quite a lot. He belonged to the House of Saud which when he was born already had ruled large areas of Najd and the Arabian Peninsula for well over 100 years.

There were no Americans in KSA back then. Are you drunk? Nor any Brits.

The legitimate and successful Arab revolt which you confuse (how surprising) had nothing to do with the House of Saud. Shows how little you know.

Obviously you have no clue about ME history despite it being the cradle of civilization. Stick to your South Asian affairs. I suggest the British colonial period or the Muslim period.

Saudi Arabia bars Nigerian planes carrying Pakistani arms - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

ACCRA (Ghana): Saudi Arabian authorities have refused to grant over-flight permits to Nigerian cargo planes carrying military equipment including armoured tanks from Pakistan which Nigerian authorities have procured in order to fight the Boko Haram rebel group, media reported on Monday.

It may be recalled that IANS, quoting Pakistani officials in Abuja early this year, reported that Pakistan has pledged to support Nigeria in its fight against the Boko Haram.

ThisDay newspaper reported on Monday it had been informed by the country's intelligence sources that the decision by the Saudi authorities was certain to cause a diplomatic row at a time when President Goodluck Jonathan was eager to end the insurgency in the country's northeast before the 2015 general election due to be held in February.

President Jonathan, the newspaper said, has "given the green light to the military authorities to procure arms from alternative sources such as Pakistan and Russia other than Nigeria's traditional allies led by the United States of America, United Kingdom and France."

It said this was because of Nigeria's displeasure with the US after the country blocked the sale of American-manufactured Cobra attack helicopters from Israel.

"With the position of the West, Nigeria decided to turn to the East, chiefly Pakistan, from which the federal government was able to procure a huge cache of military hardware needed to prosecute the war against Boko Haram," ThisDay said.

"We got permission to fly through Sudan and other countries but have been blocked by Saudi Arabia, which has impeded the urgency of the operation," the newspaper claimed it had been told by intelligence sources in the country, adding that, "owing to Saudi Arabia's refusal, the only alternative is for Nigeria to ship the armament by sea, but using this as an option would take much longer".

Unfortunately, intelligence sources told the paper, "if we resort to shipping the arms via the high seas, they would reach us well after the election which may be too late for the desired impact, especially now that we have the insurgents on the run".

ThisDay claimed that when its reporters drew religious undertones in the Saudi authorities' refusal to grant the flight permits, their sources said they were not certain "but would not rule it out."

"Nigeria has always had close ties with Saudi Arabia, but with a war that has a religious slant, we may not be able to rule it out. But what I can say for certain is that this would lead to diplomatic tensions between both countries," the paper quoted intelligence sources as saying.
Well fully fake news and they won't carrying Al-Khalid on fighter jets Indians need to come out of their wet dreams

Well since you claim to be married with a Cameroonian lady you should know that neighborhood better than anyone else. Sub-Saharan Africa is the hellhole of the planet. Leading in diseases, tribal wars, murder rates, tribalism, poverty, recent armed conflicts and killings. Those people had no civilizations of worth ever before Islam (Arabs) and Christianity (Westerners) reached them. Nor do they have anything now compared to their huge numbers. Nigeria has almost 200 million people yet you can't mention a single Nigerian that has contributed with anything of note to the world.

Even in the Arab world Afro-Arabs are more prone to crime than the locals.

The Nigerian regime and military has a proven track record when it comes to mass-killings. There are even videos of Nigerian soldiers slowly beheading "suspected" Muslims (clearly teenagers that are frightened to death) before dumping them in mass graves. The video can be found on the internet.

Let alone lynchings, cannibalism, street justice etc. That part of the world is a hellhole. Those Sub-Saharan Africans can scream rapist at you in public and before you look around you have a tire around your neck and are burning alive sourrunded by a mob kicking you.

Now you can now claim that the similar is the case with Syria and Iraq but those two countries are not even comparable and they have only been unstable in recent times due to mostly outsiders meddling and they gave the world some of the oldest civilizations in pre-Islamic history and were a key part of the Islamic history and period.

Before the Sub-Saharan Africans do not change there will be bloodshed there until the end of time. Yes, we have bloodshed everywhere all the time but those guys take the prize.

KSA and any other sane players should go a long way from that region. The population boom there will just make things even more worse. The Arab world and Europe should seal all borders before they cause more trouble. Before we know it Ebola and other viruses will spread like the Spanish Flu.

@al-Hasani

State your line,

Are you suggesting saudi arabia is nor permitting flight permits because saudi arabia is concerned about Muslims ?

I am saying that this news is likely false and moreover that KSA should not play any role in Nigeria as that country will likely never witness any peace or stability and neither Boko Haram nor the Nigerian regime (military) are saints. We should keep the relations strictly to business and that's it. We can't defend any Muslims there either. There are 200 million Nigerians. No way that any outside force is willing to invest in that country to do what is necessary (establish order) nor is anything going to change before the locals change.

In fact my own policy has always been that KSA should mind its own business and use the money at home where it is needed or in the Arab world. That's it. Aside from the main players in the world obviously whether Western or Eastern or trusted allies.

Boko Haram takes the prize when it comes to lunatic behavior. Says a lot. With only 1/100 of the resources and media exposure of groups like Daesh.

No, thank you. Let them land in Sudan (I suggest the success story South Sudan) instead.

KSA got nothing to do with Boko Haram. Nor has KSA anything to do with Pakistani-Nigerian relations.
KSA should not facilitate weapon shipments that will ultimately be used against the Muslims of Nigeria. Neutrality is the key. The Nigerians have proven time and time again that they cannot live in peace and have been engulfed in sectarianism and wars for decades.

LOL, some Indian newspaper. They better worry about feeding the hundred millions of poor and illiterate people inhabiting that country (more than anywhere else) and building some toilets instead of bullshitting.

Anyway this news is most likely pure nonsense. No serious media reports this. Neither local or international.

KSA has exported Islam hence now almost 2 billion people are Muslims. Nothing that anybody can do to change that. For each day the number of Muslims grows. Our legacy is eternal and can only be compared to the legacy of the Roman Empire.

Keep cryi
very rich pre-Islamic history.
well, that debatable, such as burying girls alive. in fact the very reason why the this nation was sent the book coz they never knew what the book is.

While Roman and Perisna empire were fighting between your pre- islamic ancestor were busy fight amongst clan

KSA should remain neutral. The Nigerian regime has been killing Muslims for decades. Nigeria is a overpopulated shithole that will remain in chaos for decades to come. Boko Haram is one of their stunning inventions. They like other Sub-Saharan African countries know no peace. Look at South Sudan.

What you gonna do about it? Buy a much needed toilet?

you really are full of yourself aren't you

I checked his flags again to see if he has become a Chinese

KSA got nothing to do with Boko Haram. Nor has KSA anything to do with Pakistani-Nigerian relations.
KSA should not facilitate weapon shipments that will ultimately be used against the Muslims of Nigeria
Terrorists defenders on PDF..Believe me I love Denmark and I hope no KSA guy live and run Muslim minds there I have my loved one there...:cray:why do we have such people here :unsure:

Terrorists defenders on PDF..Believe me I love Denmark and I hope no KSA guy live and run Muslim minds there I have my loved one there...:cray:why do we have such people here :unsure:

Saudi Arabians abroad (in the West) are either all rich or students at top colleges and universities. Unlike other migrants.

I do not support any "terrorists" nor Boko Haram. Find a post that states so. If not keep quite. Fact of the matter is that the Nigerian regime and military is doing massacres as well (on mostly Muslims) and are not a trustworthy partner. KSA does not owe Nigeria anything either. Nor are we their allies.

But since Pakistan is in need of trade and money you can do what you want but don't include KSA in this mess when we got nothing to do with it other than deporting illegal Nigerian migrants that are often involved in crime in KSA and the GCC. The locals need to change first if peace and stability is their goal.

Syria and Iraq will definitely be successful again as they were for thousands of years. Nigeria has no such history nor have they ever proven to be successful. No ethnic group in that country. Harsh but nevertheless correct.

@al-Hasani a million petty debates won against the trolls are not worth a drop of ones eman lost in a nationalist furore... choose wisely.

I am having fun in the midst of preparing for exams. There is a snowstorm outside currently. Let me have a bit of fun.

KSA should not facilitate weapon shipments that will ultimately be used against the Muslims of Nigeria. Neutrality is the key. The Nigerians have proven time and time again that they cannot live in peace and have been engulfed in sectarianism and wars for decades.

LOL, some Indian newspaper. They better worry about feeding the hundred millions of poor and illiterate people inhabiting that country (more than anywhere else) and building some toilets instead of bullshitting.

Anyway this news is most likely pure nonsense. No serious media reports this. Neither local or international.

KSA has exported Islam hence now almost 2 billion people are Muslims. Nothing that anybody can do to change that. For each day the number of Muslims grows. Our legacy is eternal and can only be compared to the legacy of the Roman Empire.

Keep crying guys.

India is a superpower. Not just in fantasy but also in words they speak. They can speak on any country with authority and with a high tone and Saudi Arabia is no exception.

I dont know why Saudi Arabia would not allow over flights. It could be a 'religious' reason as its mentioned in the original post. That reason could be the tension between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria. That could be the reason why Saudis would not grant permission.

If I go by what others would want us to say and believe, Saudis are supporting Boko Haram. That would be a foolish thing to do.

Anyway, the planes can fly some other route. Wonder why if Saudis deny permission, the only alternate will be shipment by sea. That seems an implausible reason.

India is a superpower. Not just in fantasy but also in words they speak. They can speak on any country with authority and with a high tone and Saudi Arabia is no exception.

I dont know why Saudi Arabia would not allow over flights. It could be a 'religious' reason as its mentioned in the original post. That reason could be the tension between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria. That could be the reason why Saudis would not grant permission.

If I go by what others would want us to say and believe, Saudis are supporting Boko Haram. That would be a foolish thing to do.

Anyway, the planes can fly some other route. Wonder why if Saudis deny permission, the only alternate will be shipment by sea. That seems an implausible reason.

A superpower? Maybe in their own small backyard. Other than that, not so much. Compared to their gigantic population they are a dwarf. So is Nigeria btw. They are twice the population of Europe (almost) and see the gigantic difference between Europe and India on all fields. Be it economy, science, influence, military, innovation etc.

China on the other hand is a superpower and there can be no comparison between China and India unless we want to bother our Chinese friends.

@Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986

Who said that this news is even correct? I see no international source saying anything about this.

No such thing. A baseless and ridiculous accusation. Nothing to gain from it either. We have ZERO interests in Northern Nigeria. Muslims and Christians have been in conflict for decades if not centuries there. That will remain to be the case if serious changes do not arrive. The Nigerian regime is part of the problem. You know that you got a problem if your country has given rise to Boko Haram and their Christian equals (Christian "militias").

This news makes no sense. My initial "theory" is just guesswork.

Don't be surprised to see much of that equipment in the hands of gangs and not the military regime. Regardless of that the solution must be found in the international society but nobody cares about Nigeria it seems.

Back
Top Bottom