What's new

Saudi Apache helicopter Shot Down by Yemeni Forces

Had they successfully quashed Muslim Brotherhood, would you then call it a well planned policy? I think the Saudis were quite bold, made the strategic error of consorting with a group who are ideologically different, but hopefully they have learnt a lesson. Meanwhile, the only support the Houthis gain is that of 'well-intentioned', 'neutral' Muslims who are willing to look away from their war crimes:

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/5/7/possible-war-crimes-by-yemen-houthis.html

There is no doubt in my mind that the Houthis are subversive, have toppled over a legitimate government, and as such need to be checked and put back into their place.
The Saudi and Emirati policy clearly backfired though, so it was hardly successful in hindsight. Sure, they used the Houthis to defeat the Yemeni Muslim Brotherhood, but they ended up creating a very powerful Houthi force that managed to conquer most of Yemen's inhabited regions.

Right now, the Emiratis have already conceded that the north will most likely be ruled by the Houthis for a long time to come. That's why they decided to focus mostly on the south, where they continued getting rid of Muslim Brotherhood members with the help of South Yemeni secessionists.

But again, this will simply backfire on the Gulf states. All it has done is strengthen radical Sunni Islamic groups such as ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

You can't sugarcoat this for the Emiratis and Saudis. Whichever way you look at it, they're getting humiliated right now by both the Houthis and ISIS.

The Saudi and Emirati policy clearly backfired though, so it was hardly successful in hindsight. Sure, they used the Houthis to defeat the Yemeni Muslim Brotherhood, but they ended up creating a very powerful Houthi force that managed to conquer most of Yemen's inhabited regions.

Right now, the Emiratis have already conceded that the north will most likely be ruled by the Houthis for a long time to come. That's why they decided to focus mostly on the south, where they continued getting rid of Muslim Brotherhood members with the help of South Yemeni secessionists.

But again, this will simply backfire on the Gulf states. All it has done is strengthen radical Sunni Islamic groups such as ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

You can't sugarcoat this for the Emiratis and Saudis. Whichever way you look at it, they're getting humiliated right now by both the Houthis and ISIS.

And so we can at least pray for their success and Guidance by Allah. Except if someone has a dislike in their hearts for them.

if Yemen is not euthanized properly it will set the whole region on fire..

Euthanized as in put Yemen to death?
You think that choice of words wouldn't anger Yemenis?

And no not the whole region just Southern Saudi.

They want to impose their own ideology? Do you have the official communication on that? Or is that top secret and can't be revealed on a public forum?
The house of Saud is responsible for the mess the ME is in at the moment, they are playing the Sunni-Shia split in the region to further their own political interests. The Houtis are a popular Shia group, aided by Iran and naturally KSA cant have have a second major Shia power center being raised so close to home so they are doing all they can to stop this from happening.
PS Learn some fucking respect, this is a public forum and I am free to draw any assumptions I want. If you dont want any opinion contrasting your own then you are free to keep you head up you *** like the majority of the forum members.

But houthis also dont represent **yemeni army** they are also pawns of another meddling power i.e iran ... and all you wrote about saudia also holds true for iran...

I think the poster (and me as well) are questioning source and language used while not commenting on morality
I totally agree with the fact that the Iranians and the Saudis are responsible for the entire mess we now call the middle east but in the absence of a totally functioning government and multiple power centres etc its really hard to differentiate between legitimate and illegitimate Yemeni forces, (if such a difference even exists).

They're not. Even the Americans admitted back in 2015 that there were very few ties between the Houthis and Iran. In fact, back in 2014, the Iranians were alarmed at the growing power of the Houthis that they warned them against taking over Sana'a. The Houthis basically told the Iranians to get lost and captured Sana'a anyway.

I hope you realize that it was the Saudis and Emiratis who empowered the Houthis in the first place. Back in 2012, the Saudis and Emiratis were so terrified at the prospect of a Muslim Brotherhood takeover in Yemen that they encouraged the Houthis to start a war against the Yemeni Muslim Brotherhood (Al-Islah). The Saudis and Emiratis did not realize at the time that the Houthis were going to become so powerful that they would end up conquering most of Yemen's inhabited areas.

It was the foolishness of the Saudis and Emiratis that basically paved the way for Iran to establish its own presence in Yemen. The Saudi-led war against the Houthis ended up pushing the Houthis closer to Iran than they've ever been in their entire history.

Nothing in middle east is straight forward... appreciated

what is your point of view about the iranian in syria

Never saw any Picture of Irani tanks, Fughter jets, Regular Armed forces, Artillery batteries.
If you have any info about Irani Regular Forces ,Armour and Artillery in Syria kindly share it here as well So that all of us ignorants can see the news too.

Never saw any Picture of Irani tanks, Fughter jets, Regular Armed forces, Artillery batteries.
If you have any info about Irani Regular Forces ,Armour and Artillery in Syria kindly share it here as well So that all of us ignorants can see the news too.

There is practucally no syrian army... all involved in fighting are iranian back militias... with regular iranian forces commanding ...
They lost few dozen iranian regulars few months back in a single assault in aleppo...

Go to syrian thread u will see hundreds of pics

Rip to Saudi soldiers.. We should join this coalition and need to show our influence and power there. It's time to send some missiles in Saudi Arabia, and use their bases against houthis. Its right Time to show power . We are bound to win this war.

please I am not saying we should be a part of the war.
There is nothing wrong to join this coalition. We need to help our allies , we should not do hypocrisy. K.S.A did lot for Pakistan. Why we stay behind in such crucial time. We Need to use Raad and Babur cruise missiles, and do air strikes as many as possible.

So exactly what they are ? please enlighten us all.
They are Yemeni nationals, they were getting strong everyday, majority entered in their struggle, One of the reason they captured Sanaa and other parts. You can criticize them but they just got public masses behind them, went neck to neck , and they were becoming threat to Saudi Arabia, Saudi started action against them before they enter Saudi Arabia, Until today 10,000+ Died from Saudi strikes. Saudi are demolishing those rats with pinpoint target , state of art missiles using f15s and euro fighters.

And some punks would say we are going to get 22 APACNHEEEEZ and turn you back into stoneage times! INVINCIBLE APANCHEEEEEZ!

Oh by the way any one familiar with Riyadh, we have one retired APANCHEEEEEZ on display on exit 11!
sir that is mock up not retired

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom