What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

Tabuk Air Base: (A little gift to the Israelis)

2%D8%AA%D8%A8%D9%88%D9%83.jpg

%D8%AA%D8%A8%D9%88%D9%83.jpg

A message to everyone saying there are no F-15s in Tabuk which is what is claimed by most Saudi Haters.

%D8%AA%D8%A8%D9%88%D9%83.png

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

King Khalid Air Base in Khamees Mushait:

1.jpg

8.jpg

(F-15 is the base)
4.jpg

5.jpg

%D8%AE%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%B3.png

it's depends on the rank but the average is between 200-350 hrs/year

Thats pretty good !

300+ hours on Eurofighter Typhoons, Tornado(s) and F-15 S.E (s) and then training exercises with PAF,TuAF and EAF etc

Also, PAF trainers train the Saudi Pilots (Americans and British too) ...All these facts indicate that may be we seriously underestimate RSAF ! :azn:

Thats pretty good !

300+ hours on Eurofighter Typhoons, Tornado(s) and F-15 S.E (s) and then training exercises with PAF,TuAF and EAF etc

Also, PAF trainers train the Saudi Pilots (Americans and British too) ...All these facts indicate that may be we seriously underestimate RSAF ! :azn:

That was my point all along.

This misconception came mainly from the Gulf war. Where many Saudi soldiers resigned right after the war for being side lined. They were ready to engage in combat but were always told to stand down and wait for Coalition troops to handle everything.

They were not sidelined for being "incompetent" but for another reason this caused a large amount of Saudi officers (I personally know two of those one tank commander and the other combat engineer) filed for resignation saying if this how we will be treated in a war then we refuse to remain soldiers. And this gave rise to the misconception of "Incompetent" Saudi troops.

I once read a report that Israelis were planning to strike Pakistan's nuclear installations in the decade of 1980's and that after getting information on this Pakistan ,indirectly from a third country, conveyed the message to the Israeli establishment that if they strike Kahuta Pakistan will lay waste to Dimona (Israel's only nuclear site).

I always wondered how would PAF get there, had there been an Israeli strike on Kahuta. As at the time Pakistan didn't have air to air refueling capability which we have now. However this thread helped me to understand that if Israel were to attack Kahuta PAF would have used the Saudi air bases.

I once read a report that Israelis were planning to strike Pakistan's nuclear installations in the decade of 1980's and that after getting information on this Pakistan ,indirectly from a third country, conveyed the message to the Israeli establishment that if they strike Kahuta Pakistan will lay waste to Dimona (Israel's only nuclear site).

I always wondered how would PAF get there, had there been an Israeli strike on Kahuta. As at the time Pakistan didn't have air to air refueling capability which we have now. However this thread helped me to understand that if Israel were to attack Kahuta PAF would have used the Saudi air bases.

It's only logical yes it was said and we would been given help air space accuess from arab states how else they also would be re fueled on the way there and back offourse nothing is impossible when you need to get something done simply.

This misconception came mainly from the Gulf war. Where many Saudi soldiers resigned right after the war for being side lined. They were ready to engage in combat but were always told to stand down and wait for Coalition troops to handle everything.

They were not sidelined for being "incompetent" but for another reason this caused a large amount of Saudi officers (I personally know two of those one tank commander and the other combat engineer) filed for resignation saying if this how we will be treated in a war then we refuse to remain soldiers. And this gave rise to the misconception of "Incompetent" Saudi troops.

do you know much about the Border town Sharrurah?
it is a military town and my father was in an air defence Vulcan battery during his secondment in the early 80s
I don remember any airbases thee we had to always travel to Khamees for that.
Sharurah Najran Khamees people have no clue how naturally beautiful those places are .

Our unit was deployed along the communist Yemen. There was no air activity but there were some border skirmishes. During a fire demo one of the AAK AAK gun went out of control during a drone targeting and turned itself to the tents that were housing the Saudi guests. But since all were army men so they are quick on their feet and they hit the ground when before the gun’s turned completely towards them, they stayed down while the 23MM shells tore through the tent canopy , someone then crawled to the gun and took the foot of the gunner off from the firing mehcanism which had frozen due to malfunction and fright hehe

I am not aware what kind of Migs we were expecting in case of an air war.

do you know much about the Border town Sharrurah?
it is a military town and my father was in an air defence Vulcan battery during his secondment in the early 80s
I don remember any airbases thee we had to always travel to Khamees for that.
Sharurah Najran Khamees people have no clue how naturally beautiful those places are .

Our unit was deployed along the communist Yemen. There was no air activity but there were some border skirmishes. During a fire demo one of the AAK AAK gun went out of control during a drone targeting and turned itself to the tents that were housing the Saudi guests. But since all were army men so they are quick on their feet and they hit the ground when before the gun’s turned completely towards them, they stayed down while the 23MM shells tore through the tent canopy , someone then crawled to the gun and took the foot of the gunner off from the firing mehcanism which had frozen due to malfunction and fright hehe

I am not aware what kind of Migs we were expecting in case of an air war.

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard saudi arabia was interested in upgrading its f15s to latest version, but because of israeli pressure on US it didnt happen.
israel will always pressure other countries that are willing to sell arab countries and iran equipment that is superior to israels

i heard saudi arabia was interested in upgrading its f15s to latest version, but because of israeli pressure on US it didnt happen.
israel will always pressure other countries that are willing to sell arab countries and iran equipment that is superior to israels

Actually we ARE getting the latest upgrade. Only one thing was downgraded (Joint-stand off capabilities) But we already have this capability in the Tornado and in the Typhoon so its not a big loss.

what's the role of tornado, typhoon and f15 in rsaf? my guess is: fighter bomber, mrca and air superiority?

Pretty much. the Tornado is one of the best if not the best fighter bomber out there. The typhoon is more of an air superiority than a strike craft. The F-15 Strike eagle can be a very good air superiority aircraft but the Strike Eagle variant is more for well "STRIKE"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom