What's new

Sargodha Air Base January 1972

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot understand why every now & then a ' feel good' thread is created.

I do not understand how discussing who won the last will help in the next war ?

What can & should be discussed are in human aspects of the wars we fought and how precious little was achieved despite loss of lives and financial aspects of the wars and events that follow wars in our part of the world.

Such chest thumping threads achieve nothing.

Apparently you took things too serious-made me laugh- :D-

Apparently you took things too serious-made me laugh- :D-

When it has to do with my country on an international forum I always take it seriously.

Connect post Ns 1 & 15 , were they not to be taken seriously ?

Actually photo op of jan 1972 was conducted to have some semblance in public.It was not for india it was conducted to raise the morale of the public after the war.following clip does says a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Jammer does colour pics changes something in the history from Black and White :P

Moderator please close this thread, its a wastage of bandwidth and storage

The right word is Humiliation & dismemberment.

As regards getting even - any time.

Can we have a link to this images shack pic ?

Assuming this pic & the contents of post No1 to be true, it defies logic that with so many aircraft intact Pak lost half of itself and could not impose any crippling damage to India.

Because one should have read the military history and planning of the war on the Pak side to have understood the logic.
the PAF purposely held itself back to save aircraft and resources for the planned counter-attack by the PA under Tikka Khan..which never came.
The PAF had calculated that it would lose over a 100 Acft supporting this counter attack..
which never came.. and hence the actual BLOW to India was never delivered.
And yes the Mirages are very intact.. there is truly NOTHING to prove it otherwise in the form of wreckage or missing pictures.
The image is corroborated with records from both the PAF and Dassault who kept a very nice register on what aircraft left Mont-de-Plain for Pakistan.
If anybody has ANY logical proof that even one of these birds were shot down.. please PM me.
The thread however.. is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom