What's new

Sanskrit fever grips Germany: 14 universities teaching India's ancient language struggle to meet dem

And how is this a bad thing ? :cheesy:

It's stupid beyond all belief.

9028318042_80c230feee_z.png

My morning pooja.

Yes and i know you ate it as langar

Want some of my parasad?

It's stupid beyond all belief.

9028318042_80c230feee_z.png

My morning pooja.

Want some of my parasad?

Om/Aum (ॐ; in Devanagari as ओंoṁ[õː], औंauṃ[ə̃ũ], or ओ३म्om[õːːm]) is a mantra and mystical sound of Hindu origin (geographically India and Nepal), sacred and important in various Dharmic religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism. The syllable is also referred to as omkara (ओंकारoṃkāra) or aumkara (औंकारauṃkāra), literally "om syllable", and in Sanskrit it is sometimes referred to as praṇava, literally "that which is sounded out loudly".

Ab mat bolna Hindoos edited wikipedia

Dharma translates to Righteousness. Same as it is in Buddhism. Its not really duty.

In the context of Varnashrama dharma, literal translation is "righteousness of your choice of work/effort". "shram" is effort/hardwork/exertion.

Ashram is the place where you work hard / practice austerities / learning.

Arjuna had a choice, doing his sworn duty and not doing his duty. His caste had nothing to do with it.
Actually dharmam has lot of meanings-Duty,Moral,Donation,Charity,Righteous,religion etc...
In Malayalam 'Dharmam' means Duty,Moral,Righteous,Donation etc..'The word 'Dharmakaaran' means Beggar(those who wants 'donation-money)..Dharmishtan-Righteous man,Dhaarmikam means moral/religious(depending on usage)....Dharma in Kannada means 'religion'..
Shramam means effort..

Actually dharmam has lot of meanings-Duty,Moral,Donation,Charity,Righteous,religion etc...
In Malayalam 'Dharmam' means Duty,Moral,Righteous,Donation etc..'The word 'Dharmakaaran' means Beggar(those who wants 'donation-money)..Dharmishtan-Righteous man,Dhaarmikam means moral/religious(depending on usage)....Dharma in Kannada means 'religion'..
Shramam means effort..

I am talking about the original meaning of the world "Dharma" which in english translates as Righteousness as it appearers in religious texts.

Sanskrit has large number of cognates due to its vast and varied usage over diverse geography, distance, social and ethnic groups.

donation is biksha.

Dharmakaaran (malayalam) comes from the Yogi's who were supposed to beg for food. "Karana" meant to helper/giver. Similar to as karuna which is compassion.

Since Hindus did not have a concept of Religion only Righteousness, Dharma was translated as Religion by those who did not understand this concept

Last edited:
Where this thread is going...

Urdu and Sanskrit is Indian language not Hindu or Muslim Language.. O! follower of man made religion, please stop spreading filth here.

well its a known fact - Krishna was a maniac, having sex with Radha - who was another man's wife and much older to him,

Good going... Keep ill-teaching yourself in Madarsa... Stolkholm syndrom..

I am talking about the original meaning of the world "Dharma" which in english translates as Righteousness as it appearers in religious texts.

Sanskrit has large number of cognates due to its vast and varied usage over diverse geography, distance, social and ethnic groups.

donation is biksha.

Dharmakaaran (malayalam) comes from the Yogi's who were supposed to beg for food. "Karana" meant to helper/giver. Similar to as karuna which is compassion.

Since Hindus did not have a concept of Religion only Righteousness, Dharma was translated as Religion by those who did not understand this concept
Depends..BHIKSHAkaaran,PICHAkaaran,DHARMAkaaran means Beggar in Malayalam..'DHARMAM thaayo ' means (give me Dharmam(ie money,food etc in this case) used by beggars in Kerala....
Many Sanskrit loanwords has entirely different in South Indian languages..eg-Chinthe in Kannada means 'worry' but the same 'Chintha' means thought in Malayalam(but chintane means thought in Kannada though)..Avakaasha in Kannada means chance/opportunity in Kannada but in Malayalam 'Avakasham' means 'Rights/power etc etc..

Depends..BHIKSHAkaaran,PICHAkaaran,DHARMAkaaran means Beggar in Malayalam..'DHARMAM thaayo ' means (give me Dharmam(ie money,food etc in this case) used by beggars in Kerala....
Many Sanskrit loanwords has entirely different in South Indian languages..eg-Chinthe in Kannada means 'worry' but the same 'Chintha' means thought in Malayalam(but chintane means thought in Kannada though)..Avakaasha in Kannada means chance/opportunity in Kannada but in Malayalam 'Avakasham' means 'Rights/power etc etc..

Picha in tamil means dirty clothes, so pichakaran comes from that.

Bhiksha and Dharma (kaaran) comes from the same root, meaning helping someone walking the path of Righteousness by giving alms.

Cinta in sanskrit means worry/thought/care so it means the same in malayalam/Kannada too.

Avakaasha comes from Disha wich means all direction, Desha country in all direction, Akasha - expanding empty space in all direction /sky,

Avakaasha means filled space, hence translates as used opportunity or fill that space by putting in your claim.(in malayalam)

Last edited:
Picha in tamil means dirty clothes, so pichakaran comes from that.

Bhiksha and Dharma (kaaran) comes from the same root, meaning helping someone walking the path of Righteousness by giving alms.

Cinta in sanskrit means worry/thought/care so it means the same in malayalam/Kannada too.

Avakaasha comes from Disha wich means all direction, Desha country in all direction, Akasha - expanding empty space in all direction /sky,

Avakaasha means filled space, hence translates as used opportunity or fill that space by putting in your claim.(in malayalam)
I am not sure the word 'picha' means dirty clothes in Tamil..Most probably Tamil 'Pitchai' came from the same Sanskrit root 'Bhiksha'...Sounds like BHI,KSHA,SHA,JA are completely absent in original Tamil(though used in brahminial Tamil)..eg-They use to write/pronounce Bhi as Pi,ksha as tchi..like 'Bheethi'(fear) as 'Peethi',Sakshi(witness) as 'Satchi'..So 'Bhiksha' will 'Pitchai' in Tamil..Malayalam is a combination of Tamil and Sanskrit,so it uses both..
In Kannad for eg some of the Sanskrit words are Kannadized,eg-Nidde(Nidra,Sleep)..Banna(Varna,colour)...Kannada is just a karunadu dialect of Tamil+Sanskrit,so it uses both sounds..The words like nidre,Varna are also used in Kannada along with nidde,banna...

I am not sure the word 'picha' means dirty clothes in Tamil..Most probably Tamil 'Pitchai' came from the same Sanskrit root 'Bhiksha'...Sounds like BHI,KSHA,SHA,JA are completely absent in original Tamil(though used in brahminial Tamil)..eg-They use to write/pronounce Bhi as Pi,ksha as tchi..like 'Bheethi'(fear) as 'Peethi',Sakshi(witness) as 'Satchi'..So 'Bhiksha' will 'Pitchai' in Tamil..Malayalam is a combination of Tamil and Sanskrit,so it uses both..
In Kannad for eg some of the Sanskrit words are Kannadized,eg-Nidde(Nidra,Sleep)..Banna(Varna,colour)...Kannada is just a karunadu dialect of Tamil+Sanskrit,so it uses both sounds..The words like nidre,Varna are also used in Kannada along with nidde,banna...

Pichan in tamil means Dirty or Clotted hair (hairs that stick together)

Varna can also mean colour of can also mean unwanted depending on usage. This is why westerners draw the wrong conclusion, out of ignorance or our of spite or out of prejudice.

Varna sankara means Unwanted people or Unwanted children.

Pichan in tamil means Dirty or Clotted hair (hairs that stick together)

Varna can also mean colour of can also mean unwanted depending on usage. This is why westerners draw the wrong conclusion, out of ignorance or our of spite or out of prejudice.

Varna sankara means Unwanted people or Unwanted children.
Varna also means 'Caste'..Avarnan means 'people from backward community'...'Varna Vivechana' means discrimination based on ones colour,race etc??..
Varna sankara??..Is it sanKara or SanGara??..Sangara in Sanskrit i think-Mixed,Crossed(like in cross breeding),Sangara vargam-Multiracial...Sankara-people,children??(....

Varna also means 'Caste'..Avarnan means 'people from backward community'...'Varna Vivechana' means discrimination based on ones colour,race etc??..
Varna sankara??..Is it sanKara or SanGara??..Sangara in Sanskrit i think-Mixed,Crossed(like in cross breeding),Sangara vargam-Multiracial...Sankara-people,children??(....

Varna means caste, AVarna means "no caste" i.e. people thrown out of their caste or Dalits.

Vivechana comes from "Vive chna" which means "investigate/determine/discriminate judiciously/awarness" Varna Vivechna in this context means caste awareness.

Sangha is "equal" and "ara" is "part of /half", so sangara is not equal or only partially equal.

Back
Top Bottom