What's new

Samsung to sell 'made in India' handsets in China

You are comparing the flagship Micromax phone to one of the cheapest Samsung models in the smartphone. Yes, brand does command a premium - after all there is something called brand equity. I am not dissing Indian manufacturers - they have a pretty big market for their products and they have cornered a very big chunk of the marketshare in India. They are great for the developing world - am sure they would crack the African market too. All I am saying is that comparing these phones to flagship phones like the Galaxy S3 or Lumia 920 is wrong - the Indian manufacturers are just not catering to that market.

i compared with in the same price range Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 is about 13000 rs and canvas 2 is abt 12000 infact samsung is costlier with much inferior features.and i'm confident beyond doubt that these would compete with the so called brands globally pretty soon..

Micromax Canvas 2 is manufactured in a HongKong factory exclusively for Micromax,as per the manufacturers address given on the box..while the Mediatek chipset it uses is manufactured in Taiwan.
It is neither designed nor manufactured in India even though Micromax holds the rights to its exclusive production in HongKong. @Chinese-Dragon

Last edited by a moderator:
i compared with in the same price range Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 is about 13000 rs and canvas 2 is abt 12000 infact samsung is costlier with much inferior features.and i'm confident beyond doubt that these would compete with the so called brands globally pretty soon..

Umm - how? In the western markets where pretty much everyone has a postpaid connection, the telecom company subsidizes the handset on signing the contract - so a Lumia 920 or an S3 are $99 for a 2 year contract, while they give away phones like the S2 or the Lumia 820 for free or for $49 - how do you think would a Micromax compete with that?

Umm - how? In the western markets where pretty much everyone has a postpaid connection, the telecom company subsidizes the handset on signing the contract - so a Lumia 920 or an S3 are $99 for a 2 year contract, while they give away phones like the S2 or the Lumia 820 for free or for $49 - how do you think would a Micromax compete with that?

i said it has the capability to compete in future..as teh market grows the demand also grows.but for now.its fabulous in domestic market

Back
Top Bottom