What's new

Salman Khan - interview to Pak TV channel

Jackdaws

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Bollywood star Salman Khan [ Images ] was under attack for claiming during an interview to a Pakistani channel that the 26/11 attacks were hyped because "elite people" were targeted. The comments have prompted angry reactions from political parties with the Shiv Sena [ Images ] calling them "anti national".

Maharashtra's [ Images ] Deputy Chief Minister Chagan Bhujbal [ Images ] and the Bharatiya Janata Party [ Images ] too reacted sharply to the star's statement. "It was the elite that was targeted this time. Five star hotels and all. So they panicked. Then they got up and spoke about it. My question is why not before. Attacks have happened in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so much," the 44-year-old actor had said during an interview to Express 24/7 channel.

The Shiv Sena today that Khan apologise for the statement. "The 26/11 attacks were a war against the nation. Salman should apologise for his remarks. Ambani was not staying at the CST, nor was Tata or Birla staying in Cama Lane," Sena leader Sanjay Raut said referring to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus [ Images ] and Cama Lane, which were among the places targetted by terrorists. Meanwhile Bhujbal has called the statement "uninformed". "He is an actor. He does not have the information to make a comment on whether the Pakistani govt was involved or not. People travelling in taxis, constables, waiters, hotel workers, all lost their lives in the attacks," said Bhujbal.

"26/11 attack was an attack on India. We cannot forget that Indian citizens were killed. This was not a small issue for Salman Khan to comment. This was an attack meticulously planned by Pakistan," said Ravi Shankar Prasad, BJP spokesperson. The attacks had left 166 people dead. Eight of the attacks occurred in south Mumbai [ Images ] at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, the Oberoi Trident, the Taj Mahal [ Images ] Palace & Tower, Leopold Cafe [ Images ], Cama Hospital [ Images ], the Orthodox Jewish-owned Nariman House, the Metro Cinema and a lane behind the Times of India [ Images ] building an St. Xavier's College.

Condemning the actor's remarks, Special Prosecutor in 26/11 trial Ujwal Nikam [ Images ] said that the statement was "childish".
"It appears that without knowing the details of the terror attack, the actor made such statements and I shall say these are childish remarks. They (terrorists) don't make any distinction between rich and poor. It is judicially established that the outcome was a deep routed criminal conspiracy hatched in Pakistan and the targets were deliberately selected to wage war against India," he said.

Khan who is riding high after the success of his latest film Dabangg has meanwhile taken to Twitter to clarify his stand.
"Every human life has equal value n any act of terror, anywhere in the world is unpardonable. be it 9/11 or 26/11," tweeted the actor. "Next time mein apnne sub interview sub khud bhi record karoonga , kya bolte ho ? Takeh yeh sub controversies
nahi ho, (I will record all my interviews from the next time onwards so that I can avoid these controversies)," he added.

When was this interview given ??

Source of the article as well as date, as we don't wanna see old items posted again.

When was this interview given ??

Source of the article as well as date, as we don't wanna see old items posted again.

I guess the interview was given by Salman Khan to a Pakistani news channel and it is not an old item

I am really sorry: Salman Khan

MUMBAI:The actor said, " I gave an interview about three weeks ago. Now during this festive time of Eid and Ganesh utsav it has been twisted around and the way it is coming across on tv it is sound insensitive. I was just saying that all lives are equal.. Gareeb Aadmi ho aamir aadmi ho it is the same. Some attacks may get more media coverage than the others. Why is that? I think every human is important. Any act of terrorism any part of the world is unpardonable. A terrorist has no nationality. No religion. No guts. I will had and will always have faith in our intelligence agencies. I have always had faith in our armed forces and police force. I did not mean to hurt anyone's sentiment and if I have hurt anybody's sentiment I am really sorry."

Salman had earlier invited flak with his comments to a Pakistani TV channel: "Too much hype has been created around the 26/11 attacks because elite people were targetted. Attacks have happened in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so much."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/I-am-really-sorry-Salman-Khan/articleshow/6541540.cms

100% agree with the above bold parts of article. :tup::tup:

I am really sorry: Salman Khan

MUMBAI:The actor said, " I gave an interview about three weeks ago. Now during this festive time of Eid and Ganesh utsav it has been twisted around and the way it is coming across on tv it is sound insensitive. I was just saying that all lives are equal.. Gareeb Aadmi ho aamir aadmi ho it is the same. Some attacks may get more media coverage than the others. Why is that? I think every human is important. Any act of terrorism any part of the world is unpardonable. A terrorist has no nationality. No religion. No guts. I will had and will always have faith in our intelligence agencies. I have always had faith in our armed forces and police force. I did not mean to hurt anyone's sentiment and if I have hurt anybody's sentiment I am really sorry."

Salman had earlier invited flak with his comments to a Pakistani TV channel: "Too much hype has been created around the 26/11 attacks because elite people were targetted. Attacks have happened in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so much."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/I-am-really-sorry-Salman-Khan/articleshow/6541540.cms

how many elite people are targeted at CST station...:sniper:

Before making insensitive and wrong comments Salman khan should have given a thought to the innumerable innocent lives lost,and the horrific modus operandi of the 26/11 attacks.This attack left the nation's psyche scarred.Even so he has apologised,as was expected,so we must accept the same and move on.

the issue is being hyped up by Shiv Sena and BJP because its coming from mahatama salman khan!

Raj Thakrey of Maharstra Navnirman Sena nephew of Bal Thakrey is supporting Salman Khan on the issue.

Raj Thakrey of Maharstra Navnirman Sena nephew of Bal Thakrey is supporting Salman Khan on the issue.

Of course he is supporting because Uddhav is not.:lol:

these guys are gonna play their own politics no matter what.

Salman tried to downplay the Mumbai incident (motive could been ,a very vague possibility, he tried to get his film released in Pakistan ). The actor is certainly not the most intelligent or diplomatic of bollywood actors.

It is Bollywood that would benefit most from easing of Indo Pakistan ties. (and they certainly deserve that because what Indian diplomacy has failed to do Bollywood has done for us ).

Salman should not have said what he said but we can forgive him , he is not an diplomat or a politician.

I don't understand why any of these so called Bollywood stars has to comment on India - Pakistan relations. It is in no way related to their field. My suggestion would be shut one's mouth, not comment on anything that would derail it further. They are no diplomats to satisfy both the parties. I guess Salman was just trying to retain his fan base in Pakistan.

Salman was totally wrong!!

Other Terrorist attacks are ordinary ones,they never involved killing of 180+ people and no terrorist attack has ever went on for 60 hours.

So Salman Khan should think before speaking,as he is a celebrity and his each and every word matters,specially when spoken on issues like 26/11.

Celebrities never really know what they're talking about most of the time.

Unless they're certified or working for a humanitarian group and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom