What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

No clue, all its saying has to go through competition for further development
So chances of PLAN are increasing now day by day...PLAN will give SAC enough time to make this jet into a beast till 2022 at least until its 3rd carrier operationalizes. By 2022 , J31 would be a beast , would be matured , will have matured WS-13E engines.

So chances of PLAN are increasing now day by day...PLAN will give SAC enough time to make this jet into a beast till 2022 at least until its 3rd carrier operationalizes. By 2022 , J31 would be a beast , would be matured , will have matured WS-13E engines.
Brother, its not i don't want to translate or telling what i've heard from the "Chinese internet" its because nowadays people will attack you if they are the non believers of what you posted even as a messenger
Please note i'm not responsible for the post content, i'm just a nothing more than a messenger
Here's how the V3 rumors started, an "official model of the so-called V3 spotted in the Shenyang museum in Feb 2017
The last model they presented of the V2 came out almost exactly with the last model, so it may be hinting the V3 may look similar as this model shown in this picture (translation of the post)
kDuaVLt.png

Brother, its not i don't want to translate or telling what i've heard from the "Chinese internet" its because nowadays people will attack you if they are the non believers of what you posted even as a messenger
Please note i'm not responsible for the post content, i'm just a nothing more than a messenger
Here's how the V3 rumors started, an "official model of the so-called V3 spotted in the Shenyang museum in Feb 2017
The last model they presented of the V2 came out almost exactly with the last model, so it may be hinting the V3 may look similar as this model shown in this picture (translation of the post)
kDuaVLt.png
Thnx so far dear.

6a5vhgh.png

PLAN sets requirement for contenders. Fighter
has to be medium sized heavy fighter.
Competition will be among 611(CAC) and 601 (SAC) institute. So far 601 institute's 3.0 (talking about J-31 v3.0 here) is already getting close to
appearance, looking forward to 611 's project. @Bilal Khan (Quwa) something interesting here buddy

Thnx so far dear.

View attachment 400720
Competition will be among 611(CAC) and 601 (SAC) institute. So far 601 institute's 3.0 (talking about J-31 v3.0 here) is already getting close to
appearance, looking forward to 611 's project. @Bilal Khan (Quwa) something interesting here buddy
Scale will be critical. A good platform such as this will have built a big R&D overhead, so it is imperative that the PLAAF and/or PLAN buy a hefty number such that it would be a feasible purchase for the PAF. This would make for a solid strike platform if it can be acquired before 2025.

If I were 611, I will go for single engine WS15 solution(same as F35). 611 has no chance to win unless they can use single engine design. Cause the current dual engine solution of 601 has been very matured.

The thrust of WS15 is 18 tons. Let say if the future we can have advanced medium thrust engine with 10 tons thrust, then 2 of it will produce 20 tons of thrust. But we have to count in the weight factors and the space we have to waste for dual engine compared with single engine! With the breakthrough of WS15 engine, single engine solution for onboard stealthy fighter will be plausible!

Per strategic and competitive consideration, I think we shall give then navy contract to SAC 601. But I feel goosebump about the possible single engine solution of 611.

To be honest, J20 is the real trump card. It's not easy to design a navy version 5gen easily outclass F35C.

That's why I always say the engine development must come years ahead of the design of a fighter jet!

I hope AVIC can come up with a down-scale version of WS15 with 12 tons of thrust! Then 601's FC31 will be a huge success.

Lord bless China.

Or we can also also apply the magnitude blade technology innovation on the development of new Medium thrust turbofan engine.

We need a medium thrust engine with 12:1 thrust to weight ratio.

I will be comparatively safe to operate on the high sea with dual engine fighter.

I give my judgement: 601 will win the contract.

611 has to concentrate in churn out J20 and J10c/d. No time to spare on medium weight stealthy fighter further.

Thnx so far dear.

View attachment 400720

One more ... :-)

FC-31V2 - 20170602 - 1.jpg

If I were 611, I will go for single engine WS15 solution(same as F35). 611 has no chance to win unless they can use single engine design. Cause the current dual engine solution of 601 has been very matured.

The thrust of WS15 is 18 tons. Let say if the future we can have advanced medium thrust engine with 10 tons thrust, then 2 of it will produce 20 tons of thrust. But we have to count in the weight factors and the space we have to waste for dual engine compared with single engine! With the breakthrough of WS15 engine, single engine solution for onboard stealthy fighter will be plausible!

Per strategic and competitive consideration, I think we shall give then navy contract to SAC 601. But I feel goosebump about the possible single engine solution of 611.

To be honest, J20 is the real trump card. It's not easy to design a navy version 5gen easily outclass F35C.

That's why I always say the engine development must come years ahead of the design of a fighter jet!

I hope AVIC can come up with a down-scale version of WS15 with 12 tons of thrust! Then 601's FC31 will be a huge success.

Lord bless China.

Or we can also also apply the magnitude blade technology innovation on the development of new Medium thrust turbofan engine.

We need a medium thrust engine with 12:1 thrust to weight ratio.

I will be comparatively safe to operate on the high sea with dual engine fighter.

I give my judgement: 601 will win the contract.

611 has to concentrate in churn out J20 and J10c/d. No time to spare on medium weight stealthy fighter further.

Agreed ... and also I'm not sure how much the PLANAF would like to use a single-engined type off their carriers ?

Its been posted just one page back

Oh ! Then sorry.

But here at least one of them a bit larger and clearer. :-)

FC-31V2 - 20170602 - 2 XXLm.jpg

Last edited:
who wants bet? this thing might be flying over European skies`````:cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom