What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

can Pakistan finalize any deal or Contract with China in 2018 about J-31 v2 with TOT ???
2nd what is the Chinese opinion about this !

Last edited:
can Pakistan finalize any deal or Contract with China in 2018 about J-31 v2 with TOT ???

Since FC-31 is designed for export, it will take any offers I guess. Rumor says Saudi is interested but highly unlikely. If Pakistan wants this jet it is best to join soon. I have a feeling Iran would take a close look at it after the boycott is over.

There is a remote chance PLAN will purchase FC-31. Although FC-31 is fairly nice, so far no concrete message on purchasing.

Pakistan was never involved in the development of J-31. You can not expect Chinese to share their 5th generation technology for free. If Chinese are asking for 60 millions each for of the shelf cost of J-10c, do you think they will sell J-31 for peanuts. Are we willing to pay 100 million each for J-31?
People need to stop day dreaming and face the reality. Corrupt politicians have looted and bankrupt the country. Our reserves will keep us floating until April 2018, our currency will be devalued and there will be massive increases in prices after April 2018.

But isnt cpec supposed to be a glimmer of hope.
Pakistan was never involved in the development of J-31. You can not expect Chinese to share their 5th generation technology for free. If Chinese are asking for 60 millions each for of the shelf cost of J-10c, do you think they will sell J-31 for peanuts. Are we willing to pay 100 million each for J-31?
People need to stop day dreaming and face the reality. Corrupt politicians have looted and bankrupt the country. Our reserves will keep us floating until April 2018, our currency will be devalued and there will be massive increases in prices after April 2018.

So why is that Threat still alive on PAF section ???

So why is that Threat still alive on PAF section ???
Hope my friend, hope keep us going.

Once all the snakes are behind bar, we will be able to make some positive moves.
Building dams to generate electricity should be the top priority.

Hope my friend, hope keep us going.

Once all the snakes are behind bar, we will be able to make some positive moves.
Building dams to generate electricity should be the top priority.
Ok bro lest hope for the better future InshAllah ....

Since FC-31 is designed for export, it will take any offers I guess. Rumor says Saudi is interested but highly unlikely. If Pakistan wants this jet it is best to join soon. I have a feeling Iran would take a close look at it after the boycott is over.

There is a remote chance PLAN will purchase FC-31. Although FC-31 is fairly nice, so far no concrete message on purchasing.
The F31 needs a commitment from PLAAF before securing buyers. PAF has been stung by their refusal to buy the JFT inspite of commitment to do so. No country will pour money into it till the product is complete and ready for use which it is not. This is where the problem with J31 lies

The F31 needs a commitment from PLAAF before securing buyers. PAF has been stung by their refusal to buy the JFT inspite of commitment to do so. No country will pour money into it till the product is complete and ready for use which it is not. This is where the problem with J31 lies

Right Approach

Once PLAAF orders FC-31, some people will complain they are made to the needs of PLAAF, not our AF. Buyers will buy, window shoppers will not. FC-31 positions itself as being the only 5th gen jet available to countries who can't buy F-35. Possibly FC-31 has better technology than F-35 base model. If that is not enough, then you have to wait till 2040 or later until more options are available, if ever. So far, these promising projects all turn out to be paper planes in the end.

Now look, I am not trying to sell FC-31. Just saying the first customer will have a major say how the project will be developed. So if there is a need, I suggest interested buyers join the project sooner rather than later. If there is not a need, FC-31 will remain as a project in testing.

Last edited:
Once PLAAF orders FC-31, some people will complain they are made to the needs of PLAAF, not our AF. Buyers will buy, window shoppers will not. FC-31 positions itself as being the only 5th gen jet available to countries who can't buy F-35. Possibly FC-31 has better technology than F-35 base model. If that is not enough, then you have to wait till 2040 or later until more options are available, if ever. So far, these promising projects all turn out to be paper planes in the end.

Now look, I am not trying to sell FC-31. Just saying the first customer will have a major say how the project will be developed. So if there is a need, I suggest interested buyers join the project sooner rather than later. If there is not a need, FC-31 will remain as a project in testing.
Your post has a lot of statements which need proof.
A. We are talking about a plane that is yet a prototype unless I am mistaken. So how are you judging its capabilities?
B. We are talking about a plane that CURRENTLY does not have an engine and is flying on RD series engines.
C. Over the last 5 years there has been pretty little progress on the platform apart from building a second prototype with a few air frame changes. How do you know that the design is finalized and what its weaknesses are?
D. What technologies will go into it is another mystery as there has been no announcement from Chinese sources so even that is fluid ie not fixed. So again what is the basis of your claims?
E. Pak China relations being what they are you have seen a lot of Ex PAF people suddenly talking about the J20. PAF has a habit of keeping pretty quiet till it decides so why this interest in J20.
I personally dont think that the J31 will move beyond prototypes unless there is support from PLAAF/PLAANAF. However let us wait and see what happens. Secondly for the next decade the Chinese will remain behind the US in technological prowess and start catching up by 2030. Till that time much as I love the J20/J31 it will be second tier to the F22/35 and this is generally accepted by all and sundry. Any misconception in this regard is shear folly.
Regards
A

When did you come across PAF talking about J 20??
Your post has a lot of statements which need proof.
A. We are talking about a plane that is yet a prototype unless I am mistaken. So how are you judging its capabilities?
B. We are talking about a plane that CURRENTLY does not have an engine and is flying on RD series engines.
C. Over the last 5 years there has been pretty little progress on the platform apart from building a second prototype with a few air frame changes. How do you know that the design is finalized and what its weaknesses are?
D. What technologies will go into it is another mystery as there has been no announcement from Chinese sources so even that is fluid ie not fixed. So again what is the basis of your claims?
E. Pak China relations being what they are you have seen a lot of Ex PAF people suddenly talking about the J20. PAF has a habit of keeping pretty quiet till it decides so why this interest in J20.
I personally dont think that the J31 will move beyond prototypes unless there is support from PLAAF/PLAANAF. However let us wait and see what happens. Secondly for the next decade the Chinese will remain behind the US in technological prowess and start catching up by 2030. Till that time much as I love the J20/J31 it will be second tier to the F22/35 and this is generally accepted by all and sundry. Any misconception in this regard is shear folly.
Regards
A

When did you come across PAF talking about J 20??
There is an interview from Retd AVM zulfiqar mentioning J20. ACM also has talked of PAF evaluating J20/J31. The point is all of a sudden people have started talking about the J20 after having heard that J20 is only for PLAAF.
A

Back
Top Bottom