What's new

SAAB-2000 Erieye delivery flight to PAF at ATHENS - 27/05/2020

there is no proof that 049 back in service it was written off from service even i can see today sir . an someone show me a single image video any proof that 049 back in service or even its repaired ?
I ha e reposted Sir Bilal khan 777's posts on the topic. We should have 7 units after the new 3 are delivered. However the confusion keeps arising. There is no other way of confirming unless PAF officially does so.
A

I ha e reposted Sir Bilal khan 777's posts on the topic. We should have 7 units after the new 3 are delivered. However the confusion keeps arising. There is no other way of confirming unless PAF officially does so.
A
PAF keep it under the carpet many years and they will keep it . but active fans we see every clip every pic closely and 049 was not seen since the night of attack again . a fan boy also uploaded a pic on airlines or airliners claimed its 049 but this pic have hidden seriel# as angle of pic it was any of the saab but not 049 . we are now sure 049 was got hit beyound repair and PAF dont want to talk about it

Alright folks, I've been reading a few things about PAF having 7 Erieye's after this addition. It's not true. Here is the breakdown.

PAF's Ereieye fleet

3 Survived from 2006 Order

2 of 3 Acquired from 2017 order. The remaining one is a passenger version. It is still flying without the radar set.

2 more joining this year (including this one)

This information is verified. I was at Chakala today (Evidence at PAF News thread :D)

PAF currently has more then 1 SAAB passenger version, you can even see that aircraft listings and Google maps.

The simple truth of the matter is no one will (or should) tell you how many Erieyes we have, not matter how many times you visit Chaklala.

It was fun while it lasted. Only regret is that the repository of information on Pakistan’s military went up in flames with the death of the forum. Sadly became too toxic towards the end. Unprofessionalism seems to be a dominant trait among Pakistanis.
I think between pakdef. Info and defence.pk there are 2 extremes. We had too much control over the former and not enough over the later. Here kids run amok amongst little gems while over there even gems were shackled down. I think Hkhan was the worst tyrant we have seen on that forum and had it not been for his highhandedness we may still have had the forum. The balance needs to be somewhere in between but can we have balance on an internet forum? Especially one where ads do not support the income of the forum. So it may have been financial reasons as well which resulted in the forum closing down. However I agree with a lot of posters that it was a wealth of information. Interestingly people like Xmen, Muradk and his son(mittho did post on pak def.info and was kicked out later) did not post on that forum at all and preferred this one.
Anyways onwards and upwards.
7+3 or 6+3 this is the question. I favour the former but cannot be certain. All that can be said with certainty is we have enough for a rainy day.
A

Last edited:
this is verification from air fleet hahahhaaah its historical fleet of saab-2000 of PAF
049 serial number was changed. So was of other Saab fleet.
Just tracking the serial number on the plane is not a sure way of knowing the exact numbers

PAF currently has more then 1 SAAB passenger version, you can even see that aircraft listings and Google maps.

The simple truth of the matter is no one will (or should) tell you how many Erieyes we have, not matter how many times you visit Chaklala.

PAF has 2 passenger versions.

One delivered earlier as part of 2006 deal (4 combat + 1 Passenger) and another one part of the newer deal (2 combat + 1 passenger)

Here is the latest passenger one.

saab_mar23a.jpg

I think between pakdef. Info and defence.pk there are 2 extremes.
No Offence to anybody but pakdef. Info was the Pakistani version of Bharat rakshak. All discussions although technically insightful were way too dry and boring and frankly it felt like oldmen club with opposing opinions actively discouraged.

Here on this forum, overall demeanor is very casual which gets annoying at times but still, it's refreshing to hear different opinions. It's more like a social club here with active defense discussions.

Can we get an elephant walk done or may be a group photo ..make it like all the Saab 2000 are having a get together or a picnic for the sake of clearing up how many we got 6 or 7 or 11 or 12 . May be arrange for some tawiz or hang a shoe some where for extra protection . On a serious note as long as we protect all of them properly and use them to there full extent it doesn't matter how many we got .Numbers are reminder for the neighbors someone is always watching your every movement .

misisle range is around 120 km
160*

Most likey this order is of 3 aircraft specifically for Southern Command hence added protection for corrosion from flying over the sea and radars to detect submarine and ships.
MPA?? PN has ATR 72s and is going for LRMPAs. I see no reason for PAF to have submarine and ship detecting capabilities on SAAB when ZDK3s and MPAs are doing their jobs

Absolutely. Like they say. Those who know, know.
So PAF is going to have 7 Erieyes and 11 AWACs in Total?

there is no proof that 049 back in service it was written off from service even i can see today sir . an someone show me a single image video any proof that 049 back in service or even its repaired ?
the most important and most expensive item survived

of course the Swedes were pissed off with us for failing to protect such an expensive asset but we turned around things and amazed them trough our repair and restoration.

the person who oversaw its repair and took videos and photos of all the phases of this repair and flew the AWAC plans to write a book on his retirement

i have requested an interview and offered help with the book but have to wait for response.

Back
Top Bottom