What's new

S. Korea poised to sign deal to export K9 howitzer to Asian country

People should understand that this isnt only just the K9, but this will be the first large armored manufacturing plant owned by another entity other than OFB, which has a monopoly. This fact, in my opinion, is bigger than the K9 itself, as it will produce India's future armored vehicles as well. L&T is India's largest engineering firm as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larsen_&_Toubro

Btw, there is a wheeled 155mm/52cal program as well.
AA%2BTata%2BPower%2Bgun.jpg

vAufeYW.png

TATA/Denel
a_Caesar_Ashok_Leyland_020_-_Copie.jpg

4b6e349e.jpg

Ashok Leyland/L&T/Nexter

Truck Mounted 155 MM is too heavy and cumbersome

We are only going for 105 mm Truck mounted

Indian next gen 155 MM will be Towed and Tracked ie SPH

Truck Mounted 155 MM is too heavy and cumbersome

We are only going for 105 mm Truck mounted

155 MM will be Towed and Tracked ie SPH

No, 155mm/52cal truck will be added as well. Track will be more in number, but the truck platform will be bought and used.

Truck mounted 155 MM will not be used by India

Only tracked and towed

Yes it will. This is a requirement by the army itself. Why do you think the TATAs, Ashok Leyland, L&T are involved in this program? It's for local production, for local requirement.

The French state-owned company is also pitching its Caesar 155mm/52 caliber cannon in a second Indian tender for 800 truck-mounted guns, with a bid due in 2018, Mayer said. That Indian project compares to 77 units delivered to the French Army.

The Indian defense acquisition council approved in November 2014 a budget of $2.5 billion for 814 of truck-mounted artillery, dubbed mounted gun system.

“Experience has shown in India, patience is very much needed in general, and in defense in particular, and the delays are not rare,” Mayer said.

On the truck-mounted gun, Nexter has teamed with Larsen & Toubro and Ashok Leyland, with the latter for the truck chassis.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/2016/03/23/nexter-india-france/82156102/

The other is TATA with Denel System. Both of which I have shown in previous posts.

The M-109 is a pretty solid system and with rocket assisted projectiles can soldier on for many years.
It sure is!
That is why i mentioned that PA is happy with it and it is no joke either :) M-109 are there among the big boys. The MRSI is a feature we miss in our M-109. Not sure if that can be addressed at some point later or may be we will do for few other systems (as have been indications in the past) and keep MRSI feature in mind for that procurement.

All said, the M109 are here to stay for long time surely deservedly so. Mean machines!!

Truck mounted 155 MM will not be used by India

Only tracked and towed
any particular reason for that?
The truck mounted system do offer some advantages. Why would Indian army be so firm about not going for a truck mounted howitzer, what can be the reason?

i thought you have the m109a5? is that not good enough?
hein,,,
where did i said they are NOT good!

Here;
PA for now seem to be content with what they have and that too is no joke at all.

I was just refering o a possible increase in numbers in future and that it might come in form of a new systems. Will be interested in MRSI in that one when it happens.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom