What's new

Rustom-2 (H) HALE UAV to have its first flight in early 2014

r1MM0n

Reaction score
Development of Rustom-2 (H) HALE UAV will shift into higher gears from next year, when Agencies will start testing components for Rustom-2 (H) HALE UAV, According to media reports first prototype will be ready by end of 2013 and first flight is likely to occur in first quarter of 2014.

Designing of Rustom-2 has been completed, and agencies are selecting a development partner for which major Private sector defence companies have given their proposal, Rustom-2 (H) HALE UAV will be UAV in class of American RQ-1 Predator.

Rustom-2 will have flight endurance of over 24 hours and will be able to operate above 30000 ft, DRDO plans to complete the entire test and enter its production by end of 2016. All three Services have shown keen Interest in the Project and have their firm backing on this Rustom-2 project.

Rustom-2 MK-2 will carry External Weapons like American RQ-1 Predator. As per sources Army and Navy have shown keen interest in this variant .India is looking to replace Israeli made UAV in its current fleet with indigenously made Rustom-1 and Rustom-2.

Rustom-2 Mk-2 will be test bed of lot of technologies which will ultimately find its place in India’s UCAV Project Aura, which will take to air by 2020, but the Project will officially go on line only after Rustom-2 enters Production in 2016.

Rustom-2 (H) HALE UAV to have its first flight in early 2014 | idrw.org

what kind of A2S missiles we have in our inventory for the RUstoms ?

Next news will be 'Major Design flaws in Rustom -2.Project delayed by 3 year'.Indian defence manf. sector no more in isolation.DRDO and HAL wake up plz.I know HAL Barrackpore unit in WB assemble only 3-4 Chetal helicopter in a year.Its a 400 + workforce.Shame on you HAL.Mediuim complexity issue in assembly line need expert from B'lore to sort out.Less of responsibility more of news paper reading and cup of cup of tea in duty hour.Time to divest HAL.

Next news will be 'Major Design flaws in Rustom -2.Project delayed by 3 year'.Indian defence manf. sector no more in isolation.DRDO and HAL wake up plz.I know HAL Barrackpore unit in WB assemble only 3-4 Chetal helicopter in a year.Its a 400 + workforce.Shame on you HAL.Mediuim complexity issue in assembly line need expert from B'lore to sort out.Less of responsibility more of news paper reading and cup of cup of tea in duty hour.Time to divest HAL.

Not this time buddy,this project is going to be special ,since private companies will be involved.

:mad: what da fucke? Some one fudged up the news. Rustom-2 and Rustom-H are different, there's no Rustom-2 (H).

Rustom-2 is a Medium Altitude, Long Endurance armed drone.

Rustom-H is a High Altitude, Long Endurance weapon-less drone.

I heard Helina will be a part of the arsenal.

How? Helina stands for Helicopter launched Nag, right? How can a drone launch it?

Good news. Helina will be its primary arsnel. Yes it has small problem,when uav is ready helina will come with some wt loss.

Good news. Helina will be its primary arsnel. Yes it has small problem,when uav is ready helina will come with some wt loss.

are u kidding me? Helina is anti-tank weapon. Why on earth anti-tank weapon will be primary weapon of a ucav?

are u kidding me? Helina is anti-tank weapon. Why on earth anti-tank weapon will be primary weapon of a ucav?

For small bunker bust and hold outs. Even we can change the warhead to our needs once platform mature in mk2,mk3...
|
And also needed to kick some ***** in high mountains,helicopter is not to good there due to weather and anti-craft weapons.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom