What's new

Rustom-2 (H) HALE UAV to have its first flight in early 2014

The Rustom-H will most probably be armed with that new Indo-Israeli Air-Launched Munition
PGM (a modified version of the Popeye missile). Helina (or a drone-launched Lite version of it)
shall be used in unmanned anti-tank roles maybe, for ambushing attack columns with armor in places
attack helos can't go due to heavy MANPAD cover...sending a drone to take out tanks is more
economical.

what kind of A2S missiles we have in our inventory for the RUstoms ?

Most likely HELINA ATGMs and lighter Sudharshan LGBs (125 or 250Kg)s, similar to the US weaponary for Predator drones.

EzioAltaïr;3523963 said:
:mad: what da fucke? Some one fudged up the news. Rustom-2 and Rustom-H are different, there's no Rustom-2 (H).

http://s1.directupload.net/images/121022/ubckmlzw.jpg

The article is wrong, Rustom H is no HALE, but a MALE drone, similar to Predators. The only HALE drone currently available are Global Hawks.

EzioAltaïr;3523963 said:
How? Helina stands for Helicopter launched Nag, right? How can a drone launch it?

Just like Apache and Cobra helicopters use the same Hellfire ATGMs like Predator drones do, the only difference is, that the helicopter can carry 4 each pylon, while drones carry 2 at max.

Pgm's and lgb's are too much wt. Can anyone tell me rus-H ordrinance payload ?

are u kidding me? Helina is anti-tank weapon. Why on earth anti-tank weapon will be primary weapon of a ucav?

stock-photo_rq-1_mq-1_predator_uav_drone_00010.JPG

21066_15620.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/121022/ubckmlzw.jpg

The article is wrong, Rustom H is no HALE, but a MALE drone, similar to Predators. The only HALE drone currently available are Global Hawks.

But they are developing a HALE UAV I believe. Unarmed, but HALE all the same. And I still don't get it, is the UCAV Rustom-2 or Rustom-H? Different articles say different things.

Just like Apache and Cobra helicopters use the same Hellfire ATGMs like Predator drones do, the only difference is, that the helicopter can carry 4 each pylon, while drones carry 2 at max.

Oh yeah, forgot about those.

In the name of rustom,they are developing 3.
|
Rustom-1 is small one with single engine MALE (Medium altitude)survelliance UAV.
|
Rustom-H is large one with completely new design (two engine) HALE(High altitude) survelliance UAV.
|
Rustom-2 is a HALE UCAV of the same design as rustom-H.

No, there are only 2 versions and none of them is a HALE drone:

RUSTOM-H-2.JPG

UAV INDIA Part 2: The Rustom-H MALE UAV Detailed

Livefist: UAV INDIA Part 2: The Rustom-H MALE UAV Detailed

UAV1.JPG

Rustom H and Rustom 2 if you want are the same twin prob UAV version, that is expected to be armed later as well and could be used as a hunter killer. So far AURA UCAV is the only UAV that is under development for the high altitude area, which is a mistake imo. There should be a jet engined normal HALE UAV as well, which would be more cost-effective than using a stealth drone for naval surveillance for example.

Back
Top Bottom