What's new

Russian think tank calls for sale of Su-35 fighters to Pakistan

I would imagine

su-35.jpg

36 Plane order in 2020 for Sukhoi-35 would be proper
36 Plane order in 2022 for Second batch Sukhoi-35 would completely get rid of F16

The F16 perhaps could be moved into a storage for back up role
we could technically sell our F16 to Turkey if they like to get additional 76 planes

Sukhoi-35 , The plane offers sufficient Air Protection which we need beyond 2020

Last edited:
I would imagine

su-35.jpg

36 Plane order in 2020 for Sukhoi-35 would be proper
36 Plane order in 2022 for Second batch Sukhoi-35 would completely get rid of F16

The F16 perhaps could be moved into a storage for back up role
we could technically sell our F16 to Turkey if they like to get additional 76 planes

Sukhoi-35 , The plane offers sufficient Air Protection which we need beyond 2020

F-16s are going to be in service with PAF till at least 2040. Get over the idea of replacing them anytime soon and focus on something else.

I agree with AZADPAKISTAN2009ELITE MEMBER
that Pakistan must buy now, 36 + 36 Sukhoi-35 now. Since USA has refused to give spare parts and technical support for F-16.
Furthermore , in recent visit, 2018, to Pakistan,Russian Defence Minister told Pakistan that prices of Sukhoi-35 will be lower for Pakistan and Pakistan will pay with easy payment plan.

I agree with AZADPAKISTAN2009ELITE MEMBER
that Pakistan must buy now, 36 + 36 Sukhoi-35 now. Since USA has refused to give spare parts and technical support for F-16.
Furthermore , in recent visit, 2018, to Pakistan,Russian Defence Minister told Pakistan that prices of Sukhoi-35 will be lower for Pakistan and Pakistan will pay with easy payment plan.
Only @azad Pakistan2009 can recommend a potential 6billion $ buy from a country on the verge of defaultjng and not having enough reserves to pay the interest on its loans. Even with the best economic management it will take us 3-5 yrs to recover from this situation. It MAYBE that time we will start looking for further fleet augmentation. Even then the SU series dont make sense. If you do want to go for it the Chinese J11/16 would be a better bet.
A

Other than thunders I realistically see any purchase beyond more thunders

Unless USA gives. You free aid to buy more block 52=

Even after arrival of raffales into sub continent I see nothing serious hitting paf until post 2025.

For the next seven to eight years your defensive posture and limited war under nuclear umbrella will be your order of the day .

When did this happen ???? US never refused to supply spare for F-16 other than sanction period

I have this from the highest source in the company who were allotted this block and r the main drillers...
They are very excited n so much so that they think that this one find will change the destiny of Pakistan.
The result of all this is that our friends in the middleast r very worried n to put it mildly have their panties in a knot as this find will have direct bearing on their only source of income.
All we need a good Govt that we have at place so oil money won't ends up like Nigeria.

Other than thunders I realistically see any purchase beyond more thunders

Unless USA gives. You free aid to buy more block 52=

Even after arrival of raffales into sub continent I see nothing serious hitting paf until post 2025.

For the next seven to eight years your defensive posture and limited war under nuclear umbrella will be your order of the day .
A fair assessment. We can argue over the length the nuke umbrella will give protection to Pak lands. However preparation for a need in 2025 needs to start 3 yrs before hence the assessment of an announcent to buy newer planes in that period. What we buy is something that can be argued and depends on the perception of the needs of those times and available hardware.
A

Geopolitics of the world have changed; Russia will sell anything short of nukes to Pakistan, provided we can pay for it.

Like it or not, the next grand alliances would be Russia, China and Pakistan vs. US, Israel and India, as the major partners.

Buying Su 35 would be an icon in the new relationship between Pakistan and Russia. It will be a smash to US policies towards Pakistan. Their anti Muslim policies must be addressed like this.
Same is the case with Turkey. They also refused to give them f35, even they were entitled as a Nato partner and share in its development.

Buying Su 35 would be an icon in the new relationship between Pakistan and Russia. It will be a smash to US policies towards Pakistan. Their anti Muslim policies must be addressed like this.
Same is the case with Turkey. They also refused to give them f35, even they were entitled as a Nato partner and share in its development.

Currently our economy is not able to sustain for SU-35 ..! its all about $$$

Lol, PAF to sell or put F-16s in storage, what a wishful thinking. PAF will fly F-16s for next 20 odd years from now, it may drop from tip of spear to second tier but it will still be around. PAF has spent million in 80s, that be Billions currently on the F-16 Support Infrastructure, not something they would discard because someones dislike for "Made in USA."

PAF Loves, adores the F-16, and since its a magnificent plane and gives awesome bang for $, so would any Airforce that fly's it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom