What's new

Russian T-90 tank versus German Leopard 2A6 tank

nightcrawler

Reaction score
Previous entry: http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/67090-tank-russian-perspective-t-90-vs-m1a1.html

In the 1500km desert travel evaluation of tanks the T-90 stood foremost among the rivals namely US A1-Abrams & German Leopards dictating its superior speed; firepower & more still its low silhouette causing major problem for the enemy to attack the Russian T-90. More still this tank is four times cheaper than its German counterpart & one can acquire four T-90s as compared to one Leopard for the same price.

see vid: DefenceDog: Russian T-90 tank versus German Leopard 2A6 tank

These kinds of comparisons are lame.

Unless these main battle tanks meet in combat, we can only speculate about their performance.

However, western main battle tanks are typically designed for supremacy in combat. Cost factor is negligible in their case.

:coffee: Tank is the most expression of country industrial capacity of the weapons.
Which is better industrial capacity between the Russian and German? It means that is better between T-90 tank and Leopard 2A6 tank.

Even if a 105 mm cannon can penetrate A6's armor, i prefer to buy 4 T90 instead of 1 A6. Because there are a lot of mountainous area where can not detect a tank from long distance in Turkey and Pakistan.

Do elaborate...U can't just laugh out at Russian tank designers
I laugh at lame journalist propaganda. Here the Russian estimates of tank technological levels:

Chieftain - 0.7
Challenger 1 - 1.6
Challenger 2 - 2

Leopard 2A4 - 1.9
Leopard 2A5 - 1.95
Leopard 2A6 - 2.1

Leclerc - 2.3

T-80BV - 1.1
T-72B - 1.22
T-80U - 1.38
T-90 - 1.5
T-90A - 1.9

M1 - 1.5
M1A1 - 1.92
M1A2 - 2.2

I laugh at lame journalist propaganda. Here the Russian estimates of tank technological levels:

Chieftain - 0.7
Challenger 1 - 1.6
Challenger 2 - 2

Leopard 2A4 - 1.9
Leopard 2A5 - 1.95
Leopard 2A6 - 2.1

Leclerc - 2.3

T-80BV - 1.1
T-72B - 1.22
T-80U - 1.38
T-90 - 1.5
T-90A - 1.9

M1 - 1.5
M1A1 - 1.92
M1A2 - 2.2
This? Or what criteria?
95883102.jpg

That is a laughable comparison. Different leagues all together. The Russians still try though.

That is a laughable comparison. Different leagues all together. The Russians still try though.

I agree, in the Greek army's evaluation tests, which were THE most thorough ever conducted in real life scenarios and pitting tank against tank (in the southern europe terrain) and lasted up to 24 months, the Leopard A6 came up on top with shining colours..

I am sure the turkish army proved the repeated performance and was convinced because they ordered similar model...

the worst tank in the tests proved to be the challenger followed by the M1... the T-90 actually scored almost on par with the leopard....it's only drawback was the concerns the army had about it's autoloader, something that made selecting the more expensive Leopard easier..

I agree, in the Greek army's evaluation tests, which were THE most thorough ever conducted in real life scenarios and pitting tank against tank (in the southern europe terrain) and lasted up to 24 months, the Leopard A6 came up on top with shining colours..

I am sure the turkish army proved the repeated performance and was convinced because they ordered similar model...

the worst tank in the tests proved to be the challenger followed by the M1... the T-90 actually scored almost on par with the leopard....it's only drawback was the concerns the army had about it's auto loader, something that made selecting the more expensive Leopard easier..

I always preferred the idea of having a extra crew member rather then sticking a autoloader in tanks. Unlike the autoloader the crew member can fill other roles inside the tank and act as an extra pair of eyes and ears. Russians have always gone with smaller low profile tanks with auto loaders however.

Back
Top Bottom