What's new

Russian Minister Confirms Military Exercises with Pakistan

Russia hasn’t called off joint military drills: Khalilullah

By News Desk / Our Correspondent
Published: September 20, 2016

1184654-putinnawaz-1474343292-267-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: FILE

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Monday denied that Russia had cancelled planned joint military drills with the country in the aftermath of Sunday’s attack on an Indian army base in Uri.

Talking to The Express Tribune from Moscow, Pakistan’s Ambassador to Russia Qazi Khalilullah said the joint Pakistan-Russia military exercises will take place as scheduled. The first-ever military drills between the two former Cold War rivals – named ‘Friendship 2016’ – will start from September 24 and continue till October 7.

Earlier on Monday, several Indian news sources claimed that Russia had called off the joint war games with Pakistan following the attack in Uri.

In a first, Pakistan, Russia to hold joint war games

However, the claims were seemingly contradicted by a Press Trust of India report as well which quoted a senior Russian diplomat as saying that New Delhi need not worry about the exercises.

“We were informed by [Russia’s] defence ministry that these exercises will not be carried out in disputed areas, and a place was chosen that has nothing to do with this. Hence there is no reason for India to worry,” Russian foreign ministry’s Second Asian Department, Zamir Kabulov said.

The military drills are set to take place at Pakistan Army’s High Altitude School in Rattu, Gilgit-Baltistan and the SSG training centre in Cherat.

Published in The Express Tribune, September 20th, 2016.

Russia hasn’t called off joint military drills: Khalilullah | The Express Tribune

hope russia takes part in this exercise, it will bust so called myth and delusion of indians of russian emotional bonding.
russia will sell to anyone who offers them money, these guys doesnt care about India or Indians.

This is one down to earth comment from an Indian. It's very rare. It doesn't hurt to admit the reality. I remember many indians claiming that the Russians would never support China on SCS crisis when I refuted their claim by saying that Russia was backing China 100%. Well, a few weeks back after the Russians had made it clear I did not see any indian talking about it.

This is extremely good development, both countries can learn from each others CT experiences. In the longer run
larger scale exercises should be held from a SCO perspective.

The military drills are set to take place at Pakistan Army’s High Altitude School in Rattu, Gilgit-Baltistan and the SSG training centre in Cherat.

Kick these Indians more, these Indians first get humiliated by Pakistanis and now thier strstegic ally ...closest abuse, & humiliate Indians openly.

Guashhh if I was an Indian, i would rather become a zimbabwean national then be part of a lying India. so disgraceful.

In the cases, when there is no official statement after the earlier, it validates the first statement so there is no cancellation officially means the first statement w.r.t joint exercise is still active and valid. There is always a condition for such type of notifications which says "till further notice". Just a hype created by the rival as a media campaign/warfare based upon their ideology to manipulate things though once again, the same fired back and resulted in an embarrassment as usual.

No further assurance, exercise to be carried, needed when the first announcement is official and still intact though some asking for further source and official statement after India failed attempt, are manipulators of the things basing upon propaganda. Till now, exercise will be held in due time.

Kick these Indians more, these Indians first get humiliated by Pakistanis and now thier strstegic ally ...closest abuse, & humiliate Indians openly.

Guashhh if I was an Indian, i would rather become a zimbabwean national then be part of a lying India. so disgraceful.

mutual feeling..

OMG.... how dare they... this in face of super power....

let indian army attack Moscow as well while its bombing Muzaffarabad....

Russians will learn a lesson in next 24 hours... pakstan will disintegrate in 12....

jai hind

and most interesting thing is that only Pakistanis on PDF know there is a threat of war....

none of Pakistani channels are giving any coverage to indian threats... they are busy covering PTI jalsa and chichawatni election....

that's how seriously they are been taken

Ok we are not seriously taken.This bogus claim was churned by a US owned Indian news channel CNN .Noone from the authority said anything about it .
Then why should your govt and media gave this much importance to this claim?

Ok we are not seriously taken.This bogus claim was churned by a US owned Indian news channel CNN .Noone from the authority said anything about it .
Then why should your govt and media gave this much importance to this claim?

haan?? I m lost

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom