What's new

Russian military equipment needed to combat terrorism

I think, if there is any request. It would be a request for either additional Mi-17 helicopters or Next generation helicopter gunships.

Thanks.

Webby I don't think they will ask for gunships for a couple of reasons. Apart from the the heavy cost of re-starting the assembly lines (which would increase the cost substantially) it would be too sensitive for the Russians to start shipping advanced gunships at the current time.

I think it would probably be HInds or similar because It is a relative common aircraft and thus could be slipped past without much fuss. Costs and restrictions
It would improve relations with the Russians and potentially open up relations if India goes the other way with the MRCA deal.
Also the Hind is the best combination or gunship AND transport (which would reduce the requirements to other Pak army aviation units) that would be very useful in the hilly terrain of the NWFP or similar.

MRCA deal wouldnt do any favour for Pak-Russo Friendship.
Pakistan already operates Mi-17 from Russia, If i am not mistaken

Funny how all of a sudden Russia is great and their weapon systems are good...lol

MRCA deal wouldnt do any favour for Pak-Russo Friendship.
Pakistan already operates Mi-17 from Russia, If i am not mistaken

Funny how all of a sudden Russia is great and their weapon systems are good...lol

I didn't say it was good........I am merely stating some realities.....

As far as i am concerned the Russians do Rugged well. The AK and their helicopters are evidence of this. Any unit used in the kind of environments will take a beating so it needs to be simple and strong.

And as far as the Russo-pak friendship, do you think they will love you so much if you started spending money elsewhere? I have noticed a recooling of the cold war and the Russians are trying to re-assert their positions in the world. If India starts cosiing up with the Americans they will see it as further encroachment upon their influence. If you look at the whole tajikstan base fiasco to see the fruits of that.

Tajikistan fiasco!!!!

There isnt even a release from the GOI,and you already made assumptions. Some newspaper reports, and a Tajik Denial. And you already made it a Indian Fiasco....lol
What makes you think India will have to side with Russia or US. No longer Bi-polar, soon will erased of its uni-polar status.
Welcome the coming multi-polar world.
Your world has a lot of If's and its dependent on various factors

Tajikistan fiasco!!!!

There isnt even a release from the GOI,and you already made assumptions. Some newspaper reports, and a Tajik Denial. And you already made it a Indian Fiasco....lol
What makes you think India will have to side with Russia or US. No longer Bi-polar, soon will erased of its uni-polar status.
Welcome the coming multi-polar world.
Your world has a lot of If's and its dependent on various factors

This one made me laugh it must be said........I even dug around a few threads to find the ones where despite there being no official word from the GOI you and your compatriots went running round telling everyone what planes were going to be there etc etc :lol:

here have a look at the caution Indians.......

https://defence.pk/forums/showthread.php?t=6654

As for the whole bipolar thing.......have you forgotten the cold war? Wasn't that multi polar as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Hinds seems like a good option. Pakistan used to operate a couple of those, which we got through Afghanistan, however we couldn't maintain them due to lack of spare parts. Now they can still be found in the junk yard of the PAF Museum. I have a picture of it posted in the gallery.

Of course diplomatic influence counts here as well.

If we can get on Russia's list of arms importers, for something small, it will pave the way for something big. Right now Pak is not on an official importer of Russian arms. The trick is to get on to that list. Right now everything is through "special permissions", even the RD-93 Engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, for a fee, not political favors.

It's funny as it was supposed to be India's step towards world domination n all that global presence of military forces, attack Pakistan from the east, etc. etc.

Remember there was supposed to be an airbase in Iran too? Now go further and make one in Russia :P

Asim,

Is it the jealousy that your country is on a downward spiral but mine is not. There has never been a official communication from GoI. What is wrong in talking about the possibility. The whole country of Pakistan is made up of If's, but's and dreamlists. The Iranian naval base, well Indians have the permission to use it for refueling and logisitcal support, on a need to basis. We will think about Russia soon. Thank you, till then hold on to your country.

Iranians aren't allowing you anything after the betrayal you've done.

Dude the thing is Pakistanis don't talk big. Pakistani IFs are "Nice to haves", Indian IF's are "Of course we already have!". Part of the reason why most Indian Projects fail. It is bad project management to begin with the assumption that everything would be fine n dandy and its all a given.

Murphy's laws still apply.

Iranians aren't allowing you anything after the betrayal you've done.

Guess, they are not allowing Chinese and Russians to be their friends also, cuz they voted against them too. The world is not black and white. There are lots of things you dont know, and you wont get to know.

Dude the thing is Pakistanis don't talk big. Pakistani IFs are "Nice to haves", Indian IF's are "Of course we already have!".

Pakistani's dont talk big....are you effing kidding. The whole country has been known to punch above its weight, and fail..and still yell i won i won....look at the state its in now. pathetic

Part of the reason why most Indian Projects fail. It is bad project management to begin with the assumption that everything would be fine n dandy and its all a given.

That i have to agree regarding, what i dont understand whats the link here.

Well I guess you have to keep on laughing, cuz there is nothing official about that link from malay, the annoymous sources...

For you know Ayni base might have Indian Forces or not. The only thing that is confirmed is that Indian Forces have rebuilt that airbase, thats all.

Yet yourself Malay and Bull took that snippet and ran with with all your lives (Yes i am still laughing......)

Guess, they are not allowing Chinese and Russians to be their friends also, cuz they voted against them too. The world is not black and white. There are lots of things you dont know, and you wont get to know.

Pakistani's dont talk big....are you effing kidding. The whole country has been known to punch above its weight, and fail..and still yell i won i won....look at the state its in now. pathetic

That i have to agree regarding, what i dont understand whats the link here.

look at your own effing country most of the eastern states are infested with insurgencies so lets not point fingers at each others countries and say who is pathetic and who is not.

look at your own effing country most of the eastern states are infested with insurgencies so lets not point fingers at each others countries and say who is pathetic and who is not.

Kidwaiji,

How are you? why the firebreath at me?

Honestly the insurgency in India is not that bad, that we had to use the IAF. We never have had a 500 soldiers killed in a single operation. Like the one in Waziristan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom