What's new

Russian jet causes US drone to crash over Black Sea

Every country in that region does, China actually has the least number of islands in SCS, so you can say you slap more on all other 5 claimants. But still, Russia downed your plane in international air space and you dare to do nothing.
Downed? I guess so. More like the American UAV scared the piss out of one Russian jet and caused the other to shake in fear so bad it went out of control and collided with US.

U.S Air Force footage shows Russian fighter jet crashing into U.S drone over Black Sea​

Downed? I guess so. More like the American UAV scared the piss out of one Russian jet and caused the other to shake in fear so bad it went out of control and collided with US.
Not really a pro Pilot but I do fly recreationally as a Private Pilot....But didn't the Russian misgauge the distance between him and the drone badly? He wanted to dump fuel on top of that MQ-9 (for whatever reason I don't think that would do much) so he should have fly over and forward but seems like he hit the aft and up.

I don't think he is that stupid to risk his own craft and ram an unmanned vehicle, nobody is that stupid so we can pretty much ruled out he was doing this (the crashing, not the fuel dumping) on purpose.

Not really a pro Pilot but I do fly recreationally as a Private Pilot....But didn't the Russian misgauge the distance between him and the drone badly? He wanted to dump fuel on top of that MQ-9 (for whatever reason I don't think that would do much) so he should have fly over and forward but seems like he hit the aft and up.

I don't think he is that stupid to risk his own craft and ram an unmanned vehicle, nobody is that stupid so we can pretty much ruled out he was doing this (the crashing, not the fuel dumping) on purpose.

Propellers can cause unpredictable damage to the aggressor plane. The better way is to tip a wing as the British figured out for the doodlebugs back in the day.

Pompom girl dancing yet again for the jew in Kiev

U.S Air Force footage shows Russian fighter jet crashing into U.S drone over Black Sea​

Russians are nuts

Propellers can cause unpredictable damage to the aggressor plane. The better way is to tip a wing as the British figured out for the doodlebugs back in the day.
I would say I wouldn't want any part of my plane touching anything but air when I was flying.

Again, I am just a recreational flyer, haven't done much flying since I got my PPL back around 10 years ago....So I may not be the best explainer on this scenario...

Either the Russian pilot or someone on the ground thought of the fuel dump. Watching that clip several times...Here is my take on it...

The Russian pilot initiated the turn BEFORE the fuel dump. Am guessing the idea was to use centrifugal force to 'slam' the mass of fuel on the UAV. The first attempt failed, the second attempt got too close and clipped the props.

The problem here is that liquid at high speed contact with air, even thin air at altitude, would break up into smaller droplets -- atomization. Carburetors and fuel injectors does the same thing except injectors does it more efficiently at higher pressure. So at worst, the UAV was hit with mists of jet fuel. If they wanted to sensor blind the UAV, then fly in front and dump the fuel, but then the problem would be to coordinate who dumps and who watches to make the best effect. What if the Americans decided to maneuver the UAV? So the decision was to 'hit' the UAV from the side with a mass of jet fuel that turned out to be a mist of jet fuel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom