What's new

Russian Bride Goes On Hunger Strike Against Her Mother-in-Law

BTW, if the deceased person has wife and/or children, then the person's brother(s) have no right on the inheritance (in our law)....I think in Islam brothers also have a right, which might in fact be higher than the rights of the daughter(s) of the deceased person, correct me if I am wrong.

No, a brother of a deceased brother has no right to the inheritance. But, the same brother will get a certain share if the deceased leaves behind, for example, wife, two daughters, but no son. It becomes very complex at this point. But, I will take the pain to elaborate the law. Suppose, the deceased left 1000 units of property.

1) The widow receives: 1/8th of 1000 = 125 units.
2) All the siblings together will get, (1000 - 125) x 208.35/1000 = 182.3 units.
3) Of this, all the living brothers together will get 2/3 x (182.3) = 121.5 units and
4) All the sisters together will get, (182.3 - 121.5) = 60.8 units.
5) The two daughters will get, 1000 - (125 + 182.3) = 692.7 units

It is too complex for sure, but this sharing is based on Islamic family laws stipulated in the old Scriptures. Hindu inheritance laws are quite different in BD. The govt cannot arbitrarily revise the laws without demands by the Hindu society.

I am sure of the Muslim laws and not about the Hindu laws. As far as I know, Hindu parents pay/bear a large sum of Dowry and buys many household stable goods when giving their daughter to matrimony. So, the daughters traditionally do not inherit any property. Someone in BD can highlite the laws.

Russian 'bahu' stages protest outside her in-laws house in Agra
ByNewsX Bureau
| Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 12:19
First Published |Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 09:31

agra.jpg

Russian 'bahu' stages protest in Agra outside her in-laws house

Agra: Whosoever thinks that Saas-Bahu dramas are only limited to televisions, think again! Olga Efimenkova, a Russian bahu, has been sitting at the door-step of her in-laws as a sign of protest in Indrapuri locality of Agra in order to seek her husband's share of property from her mother-in-law.

The Russian bahu, Olga Efimenkova, is so adamant to not to end her protest that despite frequent rainfall, she sat on dharna outside the house with her son demanding her husband's share of property.

Sources say Olga had been married to Vikrant Singh Chandel and they have a son. The couple had earlier been residing in Goa but returned to Agra after suffering losses in business.

However, when the couple reached back to their house, they were denied the entry to the house as Vikrant’s mother Nirmala Chandel had already gifted the property to her daughter. This agitated Olga and she went and sat on a dharna at the doorstep.

Cm-DoexWcAANxH6.jpg:small

Follow
ANI UP

✔@ANINewsUP

Agra (UP): Russian daughter-in-law sits at the door step of her in laws in protest against her mother-in-law

7:21 AM - 10 Jul 2016

Olga said, "I have already informed New Agra police and Russian Embassy about the situation, but the police was reluctant in registering the case as they say it is a case of property dispute between family members."

Speaking on the matter, Olga’s mother-in-law Nirmala Chandel said that she is living in a single room and had gifted the house to her daughter who is estranged from her husband.

There have also been rumours that the russian bride is barred from entering her husband's house due to the despicable demands of dowry, a general dilemma in India.

rishto ki pooja jaha'n ho:chilli: :D

Typical desis :p:

Hope she will get what's her right

I want to ask about the Indian inheritance laws. Seems the father-in-law is dead and the Bahu is living with her mother-in-law, husband and their son. In case of BD, a widow receives 1/8th of the inheritance. The remaining is divided as follows: A daughter gets 1/2 of what a brother gets.

So, what is the Indian law? To me it seems the mother-in-law has no right to give the entire house to her daughter, estrange she may be. Can someone enlighten me about the laws?

Afaik, inheritance laws are same for son and daughter. In India, I can give my property to anyone according to my will.

that was something rude mate-----she is nice gal:-)

the likes of justin bieber

great--keep it up

there's always a way back brah,nithoing is perpetual:)

zombie mermaid:mamba:

leave him bro-----

stay in our company and you will------:D

tsi phr nam dy e chaudhry ho:o:------punjabi is a de-facto lingua-phiiiiiranca in south Asia:D

thread is in members club though:D

@Moonlight

Punjabi is the language of the Gods.

Back
Top Bottom