What's new

Russia to build 1000MW nuke power plant in BD

You are talking just the opposite thing.
It is not that because the demand is less, so there is less production of power.

Reality is, there is low production and, therefore, the consumption is also low. This is why the country is trying to rectify the past mistakes at last.
Not really. What you are talking about is one of the cause and effect. I was talking about per person consumption being low(BD being a agrarian country, this is not surprise).

India publicly pressured and prevented Russia from selling aircraft engine to China which was to be used in China-Pakistan JV JF-17. Indian could use same trick using their purchasing leverage and influence on Russia anytime india needs to create pressure point on Bangladesh. It is as simple as that. But offcourse indians will put deceptive spin, sooner than I finish typing. Only Chinese reactor could withstand such indian or any other game plan.

You do not know the facts ask Pakistani friends about engines used for JF-17.

If you did not understand from my earlier statement and Iran reactor fiasco then you have lots of catch up to do in geo politics before engaging in this discussion. Come back when you are done with it.

Well I am neither politician nor a student of political science. I definitely have to catch up a lot in geo politics and thats one of the reason why I am here and asking question to people like you who supposedly know much more than me.

Again the point is selling fighter craft is one thing and setting up a nuclear power plant is another. Ofcourse we would not like if someone sells missiles or fighter crafts to anyone who can point them to us. But whats the harm if you have a nuclear reactor?

way to go bangladesh !!!!!!

although i would have been even more happy had it been china instead of russia but great news nevertheless :victory:

but just one thing.......... bangladesh needs more than just 1000-mw.......... more such plants needs to be build to end power cuts

Power plants or any other plants are order-made, and not readymade. I guess, you are telling that the Russians have readily available design drawings and body parts to quickly build an 1000mw power plant, and they may not have those readily available basic things to build a 600 mw plant.

It only means that in case of 600 mw, they will have to start from anew. If the situation is this, then the GoB should accept an 1000 mw plant, because it will minimize the building time and cost.

Yes every customer have to select from the predefined sets of design already available. A nuclear plant is very complex and far more complex than a bomb. The component and technology have to be collected from different sources and from different country. The main component where the actual fusion takes place is built by Japan (the one of the few suppliers in the whole world). So its not only the Russian who will dictate the terms here. If we order russian today, they have to get the component from Japan which has a waiting period for at least 3 to 4 years as they are flooded with orders.

Not really. What you are talking about is one of the cause and effect. I was talking about per person consumption being low(BD being a agrarian country, this is not surprise).

We need huge electricity in agriculture too, and govt could not provide that. People in rural areas are now using solar power as they were unable to get the connectivity from government agencies. :hitwall:

Ignorance is a bliss, they say. You sure beat the hell out of everyone i know of.
The oblique way you answer someone's good intentioned statements, I guess you have become a good disciple of our idune. Would you mind explaining why it is ignorance, when you yourself is ignorant of the ground reality in BD?

By the way, you do not like BD to get nuke power plant, do you? So, you are trying to derail the thread. Even if you happen to do so, you may rest assured that you may not be able to derail our nuke project as well. Moreover, we will build another 40,000 MW of power stations in the next twenty years.

Chinese were interested at this initially,As far as I remember a MoU was signed.I think in the end Russians beat them on price.

@Iajdani and EW sir,
Russian nuke plant,Is safety a factor?
How good are they at keeping word?

Last edited:
Chinese were interested at this initially,As far as I remember a MoU was signed.I think in the end Russians beat them on price.

@Iajdani and EW sir,

BD government wants a State to State treaty which Russia agreed. Chinese and Korean wants the contract with the supplying company.

Russians works closely with Japanese technology to build their Nuke plants. All the 3rd generation Nuke plants are safe. They say 1 accident in a million year or so (I forgot the exact phrase).

By the way, you do not like BD to get nuke power plant, do you? So, you are trying to derail the thread. Even if you happen to do so, you may rest assured that you may not be able to derail our nuke project as well. Moreover, we will build another 40,000 MW of power stations in the next twenty years.
iDune Ver 2 : Can't really help what YOU want to believe. My post's are there for all to read.

@Iajdani and EW sir,
Barely three months ago, I have read a newspaper report about the backtracking of Russia on its promise of supplying a reconditioned and refurbished old aircraft carrier to India. If I am not mistaken, they are asking another billion dollar to do the job. So, if it is their culture not to regard contract an obligation, then BD may face problem.

I propse an international arbitration clause in the CONTRACT, whereby each Party can sue the other Party in an international court of law.

BD government wants a State to State treaty which Russia agreed. Chinese and Korean wants the contract with the supplying company.

Russians works closely with Japanese technology to build their Nuke plants. All the 3rd generation Nuke plants are safe. They say 1 accident in a million year or so (I forgot the exact phrase).
If the Russian govt signs the deal, it is better because then it becomes automatically the guarantor of the Treaty. However, if anything goes wrong during design, construction and operation, will it be possible for our tiny BD govt to sue the big Russian govt in an international court of arbitration?

How about another type of Contract, let the BD govt sign the Treaty with a Russian Engineering company, and the Russian govt becomes the guarantor.

If the Russian govt signs the deal, it is better because then it becomes automatically the guarantor of the Treaty. However, if anything goes wrong during design, construction and operation, will it be possible for our tiny BD govt to sue the big Russian govt in an international court of arbitration?

How about another type of Contract, let the BD govt sign the Treaty with a Russian Engineering company, and the Russian govt becomes the guarantor.

Yes that is how contract will be done.

From a hinterland and agrarian country, we are fast moving towards urbanization. Not all cities are as big as Dhaka and Chittagong. Only now Dhaka is thinking to build expressway or subway. Nevertheless, Dhaka is quite a big city and much of its land is being gradually filled with skyscrappers. See the link below to get a glimpse of Dhaka:

Another tremor jolts country

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom