What's new

Russia Set to Hand India another Missile Frigate

Why India doesn't go for USA Ageis destroyer? State of art platform

Guys we are also forgetting the Nirbhay CM.. That might also be delaying the P15As ?

You might be right. But I think destroyer can do without Nirbhay CM but can't without air defence system. and launching tubes for Nirbhay might be ready. Who knows
So I think Barak-8 is the main reason

Why India doesn't go for USA Ageis destroyer? State of art platform

I think you know the reason why :D
So many strings attached and no TOT.
So if they sell we can only buy. Not build. And Indian Navy prefferes indigenous material as most as possible

More than 6 months have passed since the last shots of the ships that are being built at Indian shipyards。

What's the latest status of these ships?

No new photos?

What has happened to the few frigates & destroyers that have been under construction at Indian shipyards。

What's the latest on those ships?Still floating around by what looks like a garbage dump?

No pictures?

More than 6 months have passed since the last shots of the ships that are being built at Indian shipyards。

What's the latest status of these ships?

No new photos?
Why post same thing again and again ???
You got some answers too. Go read.
And if it's attempt to troll then oh you failed ;) miserably ;)

It is good to see that IN is doing well with indigenous and Russian ship inductions. If we can improve our ship building capabilities and can absorb the highly sophisticated submarine technologies then we can achieve nearly 100% indigenous naval building capabilities.

What has happened to the few frigates & destroyers that have been under construction at Indian shipyards。

What's the latest on those ships?Still floating around by what looks like a garbage dump?

No pictures?

Well the 3 Shivalik class Frigates have been inducted in 2010,2011,2012

The Kolkata class Destroyer will start entering service in 2013 , the delay is due to the Indian Navy insisting on the ships having Barak 8 SAMs at time of induction , not the Barak II currently being used on Frigates

Another thing is that these ships are suposed to carry 8 LRCM Nirbhay which is under development ,
coz for these ships Brahmos is not enough

I didn't blam anybody. Not IN or ship yard. I just said its late again - which it fact. Whatever the reasons it might have. And FYI Barak-8 was supposed to hit production line mid this year which it did not. And that might be reason for dealy this time.

Infact this dealy will increase the qualitative value of P-15A project and hopefully P-15B

Absolutely, whenever we get it, we will get one of the best destroyer in the world - "Made In India" ;)

Where the fcuk is Kolkata Destroyers ????????????? :( :( :(

I was talking only about frigates.

Here I give you the plans for stealth warships for next 10 years -

4 - P-15B DDG
3 - P-15A Kolkata DDG
7 - P-17A class FFG
9 - Talwar (Krivak) FFG
3 - P-17 Shivalik FFG
4 - P-28 Kamorta Corvette
8 - P-28A class Corvette (to be ordered)
16 - Light ASW Corvettes

Total 54 new stealth warships.
19 frigates, 7 destroyers, 28 corvettes

Are the 3 more frigate same talwar class or kirvak-IV type frigates

These are Krivak-III type. The Batch 3 frigates that would be ordered duting Putin's visit are Krivak-IV.

Great we need to concentrate on Submarines too . Stealth is the key factor in future wars .

I was talking only about frigates.

Here I give you the plans for stealth warships for next 10 years -

4 - P-15B DDG
3 - P-15A Kolkata DDG
7 - P-17A class FFG
9 - Talwar (Krivak) FFG
3 - P-17 Shivalik FFG
4 - P-28 Kamorta Corvette
8 - P-28A class Corvette (to be ordered)
16 - Light ASW Corvettes

Total 54 new stealth warships.
19 frigates, 7 destroyers, 28 corvettes

Any link for this one??

Great we need to concentrate on Submarines too . Stealth is the key factor in future wars .

Let me give the nos. ;)

6+3 Scorpenes
6 P-75I
4-5 arihant class
2 Akula

so in a decade - at least 22 new subs :devil:

This is the 5th Talwar-class frigate. Add to it the 4 Talwar-class and 3 Shivalik-class frigates already
in service and you get 8 stealth frigates.

IN's plans as of now stand like this -

3 - P-17 Shivalik FFG
9 - Talwar-class (Krivak) FFG
7 - P-17A class FFG

Total plans are for 19 stealth frigates, 7 inducted so far.

The important thing to note is that currently of the 15 frigates that IN has, 11 were inducted post-2000 (3 Brahmaputra class, 3 shivalik class, 5 talwar class), so this means that the no. of frigates will now atleast will not reduce from that figure & is only projected to increase with 4 more talwars & 7 P-17As to be added in a decade :woot:

Back
Top Bottom