What's new

Russia Set to Hand India another Missile Frigate

IMGP1353.jpg

IMGP1352.jpg

IMGP1367.jpg

IMGP1366.jpg

Any link for this one??

TRISHUL: Indian Navy Poised For Further Expansion

A foreign design will be tendered and acquired by a public/private Indian shipyard (probably Pipavav) which will make 16 of those Light ASWs in India. I think it would be either the VISBY-class from TMS or the French Gowind-class from DCNS.

Let me give the nos. ;)

6+3 Scorpenes
6 P-75I
4-5 arihant class
2 Akula

IN could actually order 10 Scorpenes (4 additional ones to replace the Kilo-class SSKs of the same nos.). The majority of these 10 will be fitted with AIP propulsion.

IN will have 4 Arihant-class SSBN and upto 3 S5-class SSBN (aka Avinash-class), in addition there are also plans for purchasing the designs of the French Barracuda-class SSN and fit them with Indian nuclear reactors, torpedos and ASCMs, IN has a requirement for a total of 12 SSNs and we would build atleast 9 such SSNs in India. The remaining 2 would be the Akula-II from Russia.

Besides, Russia is also proposing a new 6,000-ton SSGN derived from Akula-I/II -

It remains to be seen wether we'll get this or the Barracuda-type. The development of an indigenous 200mega-watt
PWR is being given a lot of importance for these reasons.

Besides, the 4 Shishumar-class (Type-209) SSKs would be retrofitted with the Stirling AIP packs and retained.

Back
Top Bottom