What's new

Russia refuses to sell arresters for Chinese aircraft carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
They feel they are moron. But actually France and Spain wanted the embargo to end. Even Germany also quite agree with China side. It the British who is the most advocate against lifting the ban.

Of course they are against the lifting of the ban, because lifting the ban will only benefit France, Germany and Italy, but none of Britain's military manufacturers.

Of course they are against the lifting of the ban, because lifting the ban will only benefit France, Germany and Italy, but none of Britain's military manufacturers.

It do... British sell sprey engine to China in the 90s. If British forsake American and go for China. China has enough cash to compensate all the lost deal to American. But of cos, politically. Its not possible.

That's why Britain is against it. Though Wen Jiabao expressed a pity the ban isn't lifted by now despite the progress China has made, i guess China can only invest more money into our domestic weapon industry.

That's why Britain is against it. Though Wen Jiabao expressed a pity the ban isn't lifted by now despite the progress China has made, i guess China can only invest more money into our domestic weapon industry.

Even the ban lifted, Huge money will still pour into domestic weapon industry.

I know, but what i mean is more money into R&D which takes time and money. Plus some French/British/Italian/Dutch weapon technology is something China would like to buy if it was possible. With the ban still active China can only depend on domestic R&D

I know, but what i mean is more money into R&D which takes time and money. Plus some French/British/Italian/Dutch weapon technology is something China would like to buy if it was possible. With the ban still active China can only depend on domestic R&D

Russian is a big example of terrible judgement. They assume China will not know how and refuse to sell arrestor hook. Prove to be a big mistake and lose another money making deal. Europe defense company are much smarter. Actually, they sell lots of subsytem under the disguise as dual use to China to make money. They know you don't sell them, China will make it somehow in short time. Why loses such a opportunity to make some R&D fund? The ban is most symbolic only.

Remember the Z-15 helo deal?? Most like the Z-15 will end up serving the PLA.

It do... British sell sprey engine to China in the 90s. If British forsake American and go for China. China has enough cash to compensate all the lost deal to American. But of cos, politically. Its not possible.

That was then, but now what could UK offer China from its military industries apart from those thing they could not sell even with no weapon ban.

That was then, but now what could UK offer China from its military industries apart from those thing they could not sell even with no weapon ban.
Quite true. Probably EJ-200 jet or meteor but we have our ongoing WS-13 and PL-21 project going on too...

that designing and production of arresters was quite complicated process and only Russia and the US had appropriate technology at the moment.

Russian foreign ministry stated later on that "strategic armaments and technologies will not be sold to China".

All abovementioned facts illustrate why arresters have not been delivered to Yanliang air training center by Aug 2010 and why they were not mounted on ex-Varyag carrier by the time of her first sortie. As for Kanwa, construction of Chinese aircraft carrier may face considerable problems.

Cool Article and Cool replys.

china should have hundreds of su-35 already. articles about china signing deal to purchase 48 planes popping up every six months since 2008..:lol:

购买二十八架苏三十五的消息上了央视 这次官方没有否认 上次国防部正式否认了四十八架的采购 这次消息有可能是真的 大家要有心理准备

As I say Russia shall have sold the arrestor hook system to us. We will make it anyway. Of cos provided the price is right. Remember Russia agree to let china licensed produce Mi-17 helo. We manage to make Z-8 version for the army. The Russia quickly approved licensed produce of Mi-17 and give us a very good price per unit. Of cos, china take up the offer... Period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom