What's new

Russia places Rs 65-crore order for procuring 34 radar computers

dee

Reaction score
BANGALORE: Russia has placed orders worth Rs 65 crore for procuring 34 radar computers for Su-30s of its air force.

"Irkut Corporation of Russia has confirmed purchase of 34 sets each of Radar Computer-I & Radar Computer-II for Russian Air force requirements from HAL with delivery schedule commencing from January 2014 onwards," the premier Indian aerospace PSU said in a release.
"The value of the contract is Rs 65 crore," it said. Radar computers are integrated into Airborne Radar System in Su-30s and are very critical for mission operation of the aircraft," it said.

Till date, a total of 300 of these computers are produced by the HAL for various aircraft programmes of Indian Air Force, Algerian Air force and Russian Airforce through Rosoboronexport.

HAL is in-charge for license-producing the Su-30MKIs for the IAF and has been working towards indigenising several components of the aircraft to reduce dependence on imports for spare parts and other equipment.

Under the Indian programme, more than 190 Su-30MKIs would be produced in Indian facilities in Nashik, which is the HAL hub for manufacturing Russian-origin aircraft.

Russia places Rs 65-crore order for procuring 34 radar computers - Economic Times

The Indian aerospace industry is making steady progress by delivering components to manufacturers like Boeing, Airbus, Sukhoi and others.

Hope the GOI will invest and especially liberalize such industries further.

Good to see such changes...from importing things to exporting....I hope someday...Russia would place orders for Indian fighters too. India has the potential and if government provides the support and people work to the best of their abilities without involving in corruption..this feat is also achievable.

I know this would attract trolls....

It should shut up those pakistanis who are questioning as to India's contribution in PAK-FA.

^^^^
Folks don't you know old is Gold. So why the rant the news is Old.

Back
Top Bottom