What's new

Russia offered Su-27 and Mig-29 to PAF in the 90s

Windjammer

Self sufficency is EVERY NATIONS dream. Why do you think IAF is spending hundreds of millions on LCA TEJAS ,, Dhruv helicopters & attacak helos and AKASH sam sytems.

Self sufficency will take decades literally and huge investment to set up the wind tunnels workshops & LABS. ASK india it took 10 years to get to the point where they now have the infrastucture to build indengious fighters/helos etc.

LAST HOPE re your comment Ruusian stuff. I believe the Thunders ENGINE is a russian engine.. PAF also operates IL76 and MI17 helicopters both russian origin...

LAST HOPE re your comment Ruusian stuff. I believe the Thunders ENGINE is a russian engine.. PAF also operates IL76 and MI17 helicopters both russian origin...

I was talking about a Russian vs Russian jet on face to face combat.
India wins the edge with same equipment.

^ this thread is just rumor-mongering. USSR/Russia never considered to sell these a/c to PK. PK pilots have 'flown' these platforms but dont assume that they flew them bcuz PK is considering to buy these - PK pilots have flown Rafale, Typhoon, and what not.

we still again get Russian mi-28 that's India rejects
our army is still interested in it
look at this
76202025vz0.jpg

76202030xj2.jpg

one day on Islamabad
INSHAHALLAH
1943915.jpg

look at this

one day on Islamabad
INSHAHALLAH

Boy it was just on some Air show , I think PA is looking actively for all the option availble to them.

Chinese, Turkish, Russian etc....... Let see what we can have in the end.

one day on Islamabad
INSHAHALLAH

The Mi-28 does seem offer us the advantages of engine commonality with the Mi-17.. however, seeing as that India rejected the aircraft the commonality may not offer such high benefits.

The Mi-28 does seem offer us the advantages of engine commonality with the Mi-17.. however, seeing as that India rejected the aircraft the commonality may not offer such high benefits.

whats the connection with india's rejection.?

whats the connection with india's rejection.?
India too operates the Mi8/17.So,the engine commonality factor did not help the Mi 28N's case in India and may not(?) help it when it comes to Pakistan Helicopter competition either.

Lol.. Rafel was rejected by Pakistan and we selected it.

You never know, we might now go for Eurofighter.... Europeans are desperate now because of the big contract they lost in India. If U.S can sell us F-16 Blk 52, then i see no problem...

Are we going to hear. ten years from now, that Russian military mulled over selling Pakistan Mig-35s in 2010s?

True Story. I tell you!

Lol.. Rafel was rejected by Pakistan and we selected it.

no it was not.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Are we going to hear. ten years from now, that Russian military mulled over selling Pakistan Mig-35s in 2010s?

True Story. I tell you!

details please - date, venue and participants

But thats not a cutting from the newspaper. So what exactly is this?

What is the credibility of this news?

Read The Story Of PAF 1988-1998 an ISPR production by authentic airforce sources written by airforce officials it mentions this too

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

^ this thread is just rumor-mongering. USSR/Russia never considered to sell these a/c to PK. PK pilots have 'flown' these platforms but dont assume that they flew them bcuz PK is considering to buy these - PK pilots have flown Rafale, Typhoon, and what not.

this is not rumour mongering, PAF also considered mirage-2000 also mentioned in the book story of PAF, but the govt changed and the new govt declined all funding for mirages and su27s

look at this
76202025vz0.jpg

76202030xj2.jpg

one day on Islamabad
INSHAHALLAH
1943915.jpg

You guys should stick to agile and lighter gunships like the AH-1 Super Cobra or even the T-129 ATAK. Heavy gunships are big assets and operating them isn't easy.

You guys should stick to agile and lighter gunships like the AH-1 Super Cobra or even the T-129 ATAK. Heavy gunships are big assets and operating them isn't easy.

Yes they are.. but that all depends on the need.
I hope you are not implying that we are "incapable" of operating such types.
I remember seeing a ridiculous argument by a member on an Indian forum about how Pakistan has never operated twin engined jets and so were incapable of operating them.

Back
Top Bottom