What's new

Russia offered Su-27 and Mig-29 to PAF in the 90s

Few hundred engine prices does not have the value of multi billion dollar Indo-Russian defense deals.

However, it is cheap to pressurize for each and everything to Russia as these sales does not have huge strategic value.

Moreover, Russia is selling the engines to China and the China factor too played its bit in this case.

It does not mean that Pakistan can get S-300s from Russia as and when it asks, Russians might use those as a tactic to pressure us, thats all.

you guys always think like teen kids chocolate VS toffee ? its world market anyone can buy it if he-she can PAY . simply if india is big coustmer of russin weapons its not mean they follow you like hanuman god :coffee: they can sold to anyone as you can buy from anyone . world not mean india :tdown:

In the late 60s, then the USSR offered both the MiG-21 and SU-7s to Pakistan, both were declined due to their poor characteristics, when the SU-27 and MiG-29 were proposed with Ukraine in hind sight, the Indians played the usual drama queen card. But now since India has started to purchase from the likes of USA....Russians aren't obliged to tango in tandem.
It's worth noting that even when it could afford them, the PAF declined both the Typhoon and Rafel.

Winddy and other here. Off topic but just adding in, we were offered F-18s too in late 80s-90s.
The reason of them being rejected was some what same of these. Twin engines.
Though the Russian jets had other reasons too..

you guys always think like teen kids chocolate VS toffee ? its world market anyone can buy it if he-she can PAY . simply if india is big coustmer of russin weapons its not mean they follow you like hanuman god :coffee: they can sold to anyone as you can buy from anyone . world not mean india :tdown:

Unfortunately its not like that Mr. Khan, Pakistan paid for F-16s long ago...remember? If it is the so called free market then try for F-22 from your masters. Egypt was not given Armraams...how many examples you want mister?

Unfortunately its not like that Mr. Khan, Pakistan paid for F-16s long ago...remember? If it is the so called free market then try for F-22 from your masters. Egypt was not given Armraams...how many examples you want mister?

its not single door my dear star lolz if they never sold it a country can got from another market . there is no end of world . USA not ready to sold amraam but russia is ready to sold them R series . same on pakistan they stop our F-16 then admit it that it was a mistake and they force us to look east .its market international weapons market and everyone want to sale them . today french are hungry for sale of rafale even uganda if it has money can buy 100 rafales .

its not single door my dear star lolz if they never sold it a country can got from another market . there is no end of world . USA not ready to sold amraam but russia is ready to sold them R series . same on pakistan they stop our F-16 then admit it that it was a mistake and they force us to look east .its market international weapons market and everyone want to sale them . today french are hungry for sale of rafale even uganda if it has money can buy 100 rafales .

Not allways,India is ready to buy 300 F-22s instead of PAKFAs. Will US sell it? Nobody wants to loose a client who spent 20 Billion for a few million sales to their enemy, right? France will sell me Rafales if I pay I know that..

This thread has confirmed PAF

Have for various reason rejected the following

Typhoon
Rafael
SU30
Super Hornet
MIG29

Just imganie HOW strong the PAF would be IF they actually has some of these today

home_2.jpg

rafale.jpg

SU-30MKI_India.jpg

I guess you have to live with your decisions GOOD OR BAD

Imran is right about one thing THE ARMS market is FREE for ALL

But DEEP POCKETS help alot

eh we gotta stop looking at the past what matters is what and where we are now...is russia offering Su-30 ? more important question can we buy them ? no

Even more important question is "Do we need Su-30" and the answer is still 'No'!

PAF was only offered the Hornet once. Selected the F-16 over that.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Even more important question is "Do we need Su-30" and the answer is still 'No'!

If the state can afford to keep them up, any heavy-class fighter can be a powerful deterrent.

PAF was only offered the Hornet once. Selected the F-16 over that.

If the state can afford to keep them up, any heavy-class fighter can be a powerful deterrent.

Agree with you.. I would like to support your statement with my points.

In market everything is sold. No doubt PAF had got a chance to buy most of the weapon existing in the market. Its like
When I go to market I can see many things which I can buy. The companies offer me to buy variety of products. But before buying I check few thing
1. Will this purchase make a hole in my wallet?
2. Do I really need it?

Pakistan was offered F16,18, Grippen, Rafael, EFT, MiGs and Sukhois, Abarams and many other weapon system, your generals saw the wallet and need, they bought what they felt good. I don't think any Paksitani member think they were rejected coz they were inferior, same time I don't want Indian member to think that Pakistanis are lying/boasting.

^^^They rejected the F-18 because it's twin-engined. More difficult to maintain relative to single engined F-16s.

Abrams was too heavy for Pakistani terrain. So, they went for their own development of the Type-90 series.

SU-27s and MiG-29s from Russia? Over India's dead body :lol:

European jets? Damn expensive!

Generally, Western equipment are susceptible to Western sanctions.

So, is China a credible supplier and partner for Pakistan given the limitations of other options? The answer is yes.

PAF was offered f-16 and f-18 it got f-16.
it was offered gripen, it went for it, but US didnt allowed it.
mirage2000, PAF selected f-16 over it after extensive trials.
regarding mig 29 and su-30, PAF was never really interested in russian stuff.

typhoon and rafale, i dont think so PAF really was offered it nor PAF was intersted in such modern tec yet as it had JF-17 and f-16 projects going on already..

This thread has confirmed PAF

Have for various reason rejected the following

Typhoon
Rafael
SU30
Super Hornet
MIG29

Just imganie HOW strong the PAF would be IF they actually has some of these today

I guess you have to live with your decisions GOOD OR BAD

In the hindsight, it has helped the PAF to pursue the path to be more self sufficient. A much prudent investment for future. !!

PAF was offered f-16 and f-18 it got f-16.
it was offered gripen, it went for it, but US didnt allowed it.
True here. All true.
mirage2000, PAF selected f-16 over it after extensive trials.
regarding mig 29 and su-30, PAF was never really interested in russian stuff.
One more thing, India has Russian stuff for long and they know it inside out. They will always be a hand ahead of us with their Mig-29 versus Pakistan's Mig-29. ;)
typhoon and rafale, i dont think so PAF really was offered it nor PAF was intersted in such modern tec yet as it had JF-17 and f-16 projects going on already..
Instead of Rafale and Typhoon, Pakistan opted something similar, cheaper and with reliable source. The J-10B from China.

Back
Top Bottom