What's new

Russia, India Begin Joint Anti-piracy Operations off Somalia

A-D

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
The two nations have revealed on Tuesday that they will make naval drills off Somalia, where by pirates have been operating for the past 3 years.

The Russian and Indian navies have started joint naval exercises in the Arabian Sea off the Indian coast, as well as they will start an other operation in the Gulf of Aden, an Indian military source said today.

The operation was named as (INDRA) and it is a biennial Russian-Indian exercise aimed at practicing cooperation in enforcing maritime law and countering piracy, terrorism and drug smuggling. INDRA-2009 is the fourth such exercise since 2003 and will involve a number of live-fire drills.

India and Russia have been doing anti piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden and sent warships off Somali waters, briefly after UN endorsed an anti piracy mission off Somalia last year.

Russia's Pyotr Veliky missile cruiser from the Northern Fleet and the Indian guided-missile destroyer INS Delhi are taking part in the first stage, which will last until January 29, the sources added. An Udaloy class destroyer, a tugboat and two fuel tankers, which are carrying out anti-piracy patrols in the Gulf of Aden will be sent to Somalia before the end of this month.

On the other hand the commander of a U.S.-led fleet Rear Admiral Terry McKnight said that an increased naval presence in the Gulf of Aden has "dramatically" cut piracy off the coast of Somalia.

There have been four successful pirate attacks in or around the Gulf of Aden since the start of December, Rear Admiral Terry McKnight said in a telephone interview today from the USS San Antonio in the Gulf of Aden. There were at least 12 successful attacks in November alone, he says.

"The pirates can look out and see a lot of navy ships out there and it's been a deterrent," he said. "This is a coalition of many nations. We are out there and we are working together."

Pirates have been increasingly active in the waters off Somalia, where over 110 ships were attacked in 2008, with 42 vessels seized and 815 crew members abducted. Up to 20 warships from the navies of at least 10 countries are involved in anti-piracy operations off the coast of the lawless East African nation.

Source:Russia, India Begin Joint Anti-piracy Operations off Somalia | India Defence

I think Russians will help India in Identifying a Pirate Ship and a normal Commercial Trawler.

Russians will also Give advise to Indian counterparts that in case "Pirates are taking over a Foreign Ship you don't have to Torpedo that Ship" and there are some other ways to counter them, that's why you have MARCOS for.

I think the First Priority of Russians will be to Teach Indian Navy some lessons that how to Safe guard your Own Coastal Cities from Foreign Terrorists.

i read in news that it will be a low key - showdown by russia. not a big showup

I think Russians will help India in Identifying a Pirate Ship and a normal Commercial Trawler.

Russians will also Give advise to Indian counterparts that in case "Pirates are taking over a Foreign Ship you don't have to Torpedo that Ship" and there are some other ways to counter them, that's why you have MARCOS for.

I think the First Priority of Russians will be to Teach Indian Navy some lessons that how to Safe guard your Own Coastal Cities from Foreign Terrorists.

aa nice try to show down india , letme tell you about your navy ... your navy is just for defending one port karachi :argh: . indian navy is 4th largest navy in the world , can you dream about it ????? :coffee: you just think about yourself , dont try to teach or try to tell them what to do .

aa nice try to show down india , letme tell you about your navy ... your navy is just for defending one port karachi :argh: . indian navy is 4th largest navy in the world , can you dream about it ????? :coffee: you just think about yourself , dont try to teach or try to tell them what to do .

Few Harsh words from a Indian Pirate (as in you AVATAR) haan. Just Kidding.

Our Navy Can Defend the whole Pakistani Coast Lines Including Karachi and Gawadar as well, Also Remember that we can deliver you a Nice PUNCH at your home as well.Don't start this Old BS that who is better and who is not otherwise i can also point at your Navy and make remarks like "Your Navy is Just Good in Catching our Fisherman and they Fail to catch REAL Terrorists" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you know something about CTF-150..... Pakistan had Commanded this Task force twice and India is trying her Level Best to get something like CTF in Somali waters but you know what India is not gonna get Something Because Chinese Navy is already there and they can do a Fine job as compared to your Navy.

Hmm..good, perhaps the Russian Navy can teach the Indian navy on how to intercept rubber boats with armed men on them.
The "4th largest navy" can learn a lesson or two from their Russian counterparts. ;)

we dont need CTF-150 . russians , french , british , americans come to india to join hands with indians. why china , not you ??? dont have enough money ?????? country who is begging in front of world , is giving us a suggestions to learn :smitten: .

we dont need CTF-150 . russians , french , british , americans come to india to join hands with indians. why china , not you ??? dont have enough money ?????? country who is begging in front of world , is giving us a suggestions to learn :smitten: .

Yeah you are teaching Russians, French, British and Americans as well. Keep on living in Fairy Tales.

Its NOT in Pakistan Navy's Mandate to Operate in Somali waters BY CTF-150. Otherwise we would have done a great Job at least better than you, Who don't know anything Except for catching Fisherman and drowning Thai ships.

You will be Begging soon Mann. Recession will hit India as well.

hahahahahahah.....

Good one.....yeah basics first.

Hey come on be a sport.....

Don't be rude.....What they say is a fact.

If we think we are perfect and the greatest then their will be no room for improvement. Let deeds speak and not words.

Keep in mind no one is invincible.

Hey come on be a sport.....

Don't be rude.....What they say is a fact.

If we think we are perfect and the greatest then their will be no room for improvement. Let deeds speak and not words.

Keep in mind no one is invincible.

Realistic and thoughtful thinking, I wish more Indians would do the same. :tup:

You will be Begging soon Mann. Recession will hit India as well.

day dream for you , if it will happen . i will leave the internet lol :yahoo: and about fishermans , letme know that is there any citizen of pakistan who dont have AK-47 ???? and they dont have any rights to stand on feets in our territory. again about CTF-150

we dont have intrest in HOA , OEF-HOA , so should we waste our time there ???

and as far as i know in somalia there is no role of CT-150 , there is CT-151

Last edited:
day dream for you , if it will happen . i will leave the internet lol :yahoo: and about fishermans , letme know that is there any citizen of pakistan who dont have AK-47 ???? and they dont have any rights to stand on feets in our territory.

If it will happen you ISP will go bankrupt and you will Leave Internet automatically :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

You want me :what: tell that WHEN Pakistanis (as Claimed by India) are coming to give you a Tough Time, Armed with just AK-47 and Grenades. Cool... Nice Request :crazy:, What about I give you a Miss call when they will be coming, SMS will be cool or what about an e mail.

That's why India Needs Services of Russia "So that Indians can Know when someone will be coming for them".

Back
Top Bottom