What's new

Russia Hikes SU 30MKI Prices Twice For India Might Be The revange That MI 35 got Elim

Desi man u posted your SAP project ...lolzzzzzzzzzz

Even if its true who is in loss though :woot: .... perhaps everybody is aware of the facts.

Awesome Desiman. I too was carried away for the first few seconds of the report. But then I remembered someone mentioning life time costs (IIRC, it was Joe Shearer - wheres he btw?) and was hoping for that. Then I read your awesome posts! Kudos.

lol... This has been discussed over and over again in different forums.

The basic price of these new jets are around 50% more than older MKIs because they would be getting some of the latest tech available on Su-35BM/S + new western avionics.:whistle: Why the media quotes the price to be higher than F-35 has been brilliantly explained by Desiman.

Indians will have to pay $1Billion extra for scorpene submarines good move by France and Russia. :partay:

Stupid article. What are the reasons for the price that should be the area of discussion. and if the price is jusstified then what is the fuss about.

I can see people jumping just coz the price is increaed, but i do not see them having any desire to discuss the reasons behind it.

don't 270+ 4th gen high rcs aircraft sound like a bad idea for the next 30 years? as radar, awacs and bvraam capabilities improve, these might end up as ineffective.

i certainly don't want any more of these in the AF.

on topic , i couldn't find anything on the flyaway cost or this deal. bad news story.

don't 270+ 4th gen high rcs aircraft sound like a bad idea for the next 30 years? as radar, awacs and bvraam capabilities improve, these might end up as ineffective.

With increasing radar/awacs capabilities, rcs should loose its importance. As awacs would detect both Mki and typhoon beyond the no kill radius of any bvr missile.

The $102 million is the LMC or the lifetime maintenance cost or sometimes also known as the Life Cycle Cost and around $40 is the flyaway cost.

Cheers

Good post -- but why do you think the deal includes life cycle costs ?

Life cycle costs are deduced over a period of time -- why assume the costs right now for the deal...Also IMO if you ever buy a equipment then you pay for what its worth and for spares of course -- down the course of time -- maintenance costs are added to the flyway price ! India or for that matter any country (in my knowledge) doesnt do deal based on life cycle costs. It is just factored in for future planning but is definetly not paid as a lump sum amount to the vendor.

Excuse me -- this deal is shady deal... i am not pointing out corruption ..but this deal may include money for technology that India has brought but one that cant be disclosed ( ex - maybe arihant or lca or kaveri , etc..i dont know)...

I dont believe the 102 mil includes life cycle costs !

With increasing radar/awacs capabilities, rcs should loose its importance. As awacs would detect both Mki and typhoon beyond the no kill radius of any bvr missile.

i meant that stealth will become very important in this environment and its much better to have a high low mix of expensive stealth fighters and lighter but cheaper aircraft like f16 / gripen etc rather than go whole hog on more of these bombtrucks which will light up easy on awacs and sam radars from hundreds of km away.

we really should be trying to get our hands on f35, even if it costs 125M a piece. pak-fa has already been stated to compromise stealth for maneuverability.

if the price is same with any other 4+ gen. plane why not IAF increase the quantity of mrca around 170 and ask 3 or 4 sqn from direct from vendor who ever win this contest (18+36 or 54). As of know IAF get 1sqn from respective country and 108 manufacture in india.

For those of you talking about stealth and asking questions like why should we go for 4.5 gen aircraft, the answer is simple, stealth aircraft simply cannot be the workhorse for any force in the near future, the reason is that the costs of maintaining them are simply too high to use them on a regular basis, at best most of the air forces will use them as silver bullets.
The reason we are going for the SU-30 MKI's with upgrades is because their serviceability and efficiency rates are very high and IAF has the infrastructure to maintain more of them.
MRCA is mainly for us to get the technological know how, countries are not going to continue buying 4th gen fighters, so this is a situation which India wants to use to bargain for transfer of technology as well as the number of fighters. We simply will not have any access to technology of the F-35

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom