What's new

Russia Delivers 4 more MiG-29 Fighters to Indian Navy in December.

Sir ,If IN was considering N-MMRCA then adding more Migs doesn't make any sence. Any news on N-MMRCA ???

Navy does need 3 SQNs of 4.5 -5 Gen fighter. There are rumors on Rafale/ F35 But no concrete news as IAC 2 as its still on drawing board.

But existing needs for Sea denial/SP & SC are already granted as per current FLEET AIR Requirements.

Navy is still keen for LCA Mark 2 to scale up as they STRONGLY believeS in SWADESHI.

One squadron IN near completion. :D

I believe that a Navy sqdr. has much less aircraft per sqdr. as compared to a AF sqdr. can someone confirm???

Anyways, here is the Black Panthers patch:

557226_10151206945546395_1586382491_n.jpg

Who said it will be for IAC-2, as i often say (& sancho disagrees :D) that IMO IN will now not induct fighters for carrier operations only but will maintain some shore based squadrons as well (maybe at INS Hansa & others), so if mig-29k nos. increases to 80, these should be looked in that respect, IAC-2 will come only by 2025, when going for 4+ gen mig-29ks will not make sense.

Buddy, I don't disagree with you that these Migs should be used for shorebased maritme attack and even costal air defence / air policing roles. The problem now is, that these roles are given to IAF and not IN, that's why it doesn't matter if we have 20 x Migs now or 100, they are useless as long as we have no carrier to operate them, or the above mentioned roles will be given to IN.
If it's up to me, I would give IN not only these roles, but also all Mig 29UPG and LCA MK1 squads and place them at naval bases alongside the coastlines. Logistically it would be the best choice as well, as INs Mig 29Ks will have the same weapons and techs as the UPGs and IN will get N-LCA tech demonstrators based on the MK1 as well.
IAF then could replace another type of fighters with additional Rafales, or LCA MK2s, but what do I know? :P

Btw guys, I might be out and celebrate the new year even from today onwards, so in case I can't make it earlier, wish you all good luck for 2013 and lots of fun during your new years celebrations! :D

Buddy, I don't disagree with you that these Migs should be used for shorebased maritme attack and even costal air defence / air policing roles. The problem now is, that these roles are given to IAF and not IN, that's why it doesn't matter if we have 20 x Migs now or 100, they are useless as long as we have no carrier to operate them, or the above mentioned roles will be given to IN.
If it's up to me, I would give IN not only these roles, but also all Mig 29UPG and LCA MK1 squads and place them at naval bases alongside the coastlines. Logistically it would be the best choice as well, as INs Mig 29Ks will have the same weapons and techs as the UPGs and IN will get N-LCA tech demonstrators based on the MK1 as well.
IAF then could replace another type of fighters with additional Rafales, or LCA MK2s, but what do I know? :P

Sancho, pls read what Alphacharlie sir had to say earlier that IN wants Shore Control/ Shore Patrol role taken off from IAF & MOD has already given approval for as much as 10 squads (160ac??) to the IN.

Btw guys, I might be out and celebrate the new year even from today onwards, so in case I can't make it earlier, wish you all good luck for 2013 and lots of fun during your new years celebrations! :D

Oh, our IN-HOUSE EXPERT going out for 3-4 days :D what will we do :hitwall:

Anyways, Happy New Year in advance to u & ur family Buddy :)

Ok, chk out this link:

http://www.aviotech.com/pdf/Aviotech_Thought_Leadership_Series_Naval_Acquisitions_February_2012.pdf

Talks about IN's Long-term plan of inducting as much as 80 Mig-29ks.

Sir this this false. The IN is already said to be leaning to COTABAR configuration for IAC-2 and a subsequent IN ACCs. As such the 45 Mig-29K/KUB are more than sufficient for VIKRAMDITYA and IAC-1. At most the IAC-1 can operate 30 Mig-29Ks and the VIKRAMDITYA ~20 but when carrying other aviation assets like SAR birds, ASW and AEW helos the numbers of mig-29K/KUB able to be stored and operated will drop for both. As such I can't see where another 35 could fit into the IN's long term plans. With IAC-2 to be CATOBAR configured and much larger (60-68,000 tons) the IN is already looking for larger and more capable naval CATOBAR configured fighters like the Rafale-M and F-35C and hence they have initiated the N-MMRCA program.

+ let's not forget the N-LCA too- it will too be operatin off IAC-1 and VIKRAMDITYA too.

Navy does need 3 SQNs of 4.5 -5 Gen fighter. There are rumors on Rafale/ F35 But no concrete news as IAC 2 as its still on drawing board.

But existing needs for Sea denial/SP & SC are already granted as per current FLEET AIR Requirements.

Navy is still keen for LCA Mark 2 to scale up as they STRONGLY believeS in SWADESHI.

Sir, are you saying N-MMRCA is scrapped or was just a rumer ???

And secondly if the costal role is going to IN then wont it be logical to transfer IAF's upgraded Jags and M2Ks go to Navy and IAF should add more Rafales to fill up the numbers ???

I think if costal role goes to IN then Jags and M2Ks don't fit in IAF's multi role doctrine. Correct me if I am wrong

BTW if IN is getting that role it's really a great news :tup:
Only reason I can think of the more Migs is IN is getting a forward naval air base in A&N

Sir, are you saying N-MMRCA is scrapped or was just a rumer ???

And secondly if the costal role is going to IN then wont it be logical to transfer IAF's upgraded Jags and M2Ks go to Navy and IAF should add more Rafales to fill up the numbers ???

I think if costal role goes to IN then Jags and M2Ks don't fit in IAF's multi role doctrine. Correct me if I am wrong

BTW if IN is getting that role it's really a great news :tup:
Only reason I can think of the more Migs is IN is getting a forward naval air base in A&N

No News if NMRCA is scrapped. Else Planing Officer in Chief and his Team no one has info on the subject. Just rumors....

Jag/Mig 27 are DASA airassets which have a whole system behind them. It is not possible to just movbe 1/2 Sqn to NAVY. IAF has a SQN with 8 a/c in ASHM Role

Mirage 2000 - They have a different role not armed and SOPed for Marine Role. No Naval use. As it has role of TASA/D-NAC (Nuclear Attack role).

IN role has expanded from Costal role to Guard Entire Indian Ocean. It will be appropriate to Transfer 2 SQNs of SU30 to NA. However, this proposition will be expensive as Navy is not keen on a Heavy Fighter.

Sir, IAC-2's design will be frozen Q1-2 2013 and construction will begin within 6 months of this decision and will be complete within 7-8 years so 2021/22. Orders for its air group will have to be made 4-5 years before this time- maybe more if you want the air group to be delivered before IAC-2 is ready and time for training and setting up of infrastructure. So the IN has to make a decision within the next 3-4 years realistically.

AFAIK N-MMRCA is still on but the IN will wait and see the outcome of the IAF's MMRCA selection process and then take it from there.

All these new weapons are nice. But India should focus on internal security of its people. Should India buy more weapons or should it provide internal security for its people. Given the events of the few days, the security of India lies with the moral decadence of its people. I would say the same about America as well, it has the strongest military in the world but its morally corrupt from within. The biggest threats is that parents are not being responsible parents to their kids by teaching moral principles. As a result, we have the scums to the society.

All these new weapons are nice. But India should focus on internal security of its people. Should India buy more weapons or should it provide internal security for its people. Given the events of the few days, the security of India lies with the moral decadence of its people. I would say the same about America as well, it has the strongest military in the world but its morally corrupt from within. The biggest threats is that parents are not being responsible parents to their kids by teaching moral principles. As a result, we have the scums to the society.

The clown is back.

I believe that a Navy sqdr. has much less aircraft per sqdr. as compared to a AF sqdr. can someone confirm???

Anyways, here is the Black Panthers patch:

557226_10151206945546395_1586382491_n.jpg

The IN's SQD fighter sizes are 16-20, around the same as the IAF (18-20).

Although it is unclear whther the 45 Mig-29K/KUB will be split into 3 SQDs or 2. My guess is that that with these 45 the IN will form 2 fighter SQDs and 1 trainer SQD with the KUBs that will mostly be based on shore.

Purest Form of BULLSHIT....... Thank you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom