What's new

Running out of time: Fearing prosecution, Afghan refugees look towards home

People like these (X roid) with the victim mentality have caused immense damage to Pakistan and continue to cause such damage. I as a muhajir by birth and Pashtun by will and I severely condemn the average mindset of the simple muhajir.

By real beef with todays denialist muhajirs is that we being the richest of all classes could have worked to make a stronger united Pakistan which was not divided by the blood spattered lines of ethnicity. Instead by calling ourselves a different ethnic group we accentuated a problem that already existed.

The common muhajir votes on the basis of a lie. He believes he is oppressed when faced with numerous evidences which point elsewhere. Muhajirs have a gdp per capita 13,000 rupees higher than that of the punjabis who are second richest. Their language urdu dominates the country.

By the way statistics point towards the MQM's evil as well. In 1984 mqm was formed. From 1985-1990 3000+ people were killed so basically MQM is the mother of target killing in the nation.

I am ashamed of the term muhajir applied to us. If moving from one place to another means we are muhajir then pashtuns, sindhis, balochs and everyone else are too because they too migrated.

My book Badal a fiction book that is unpublished has similar views. The elders are killed by the piglet Talibanis and those left are forced to negotiate with the Taliban. I might share a excerpt from my book sometime.

Same can be said about karachiite's ,Why don't they stand against and resist these target killer's to help Karachi a peaceful city???

I agree with you on muhajir weaknesses in Karachi. I also agree that painting a society or race (which is currently happening to Pashtuns) on the basis of said information is wrong so I did not press the point on Maseeds harder even though I have noticed some hatred of them in bordering districts like Dera Ismail Khan and Bannu where many maseeds or mehsuds live.

I hope to see the day we were work in conjunction to defeat the militants. Terrorism has not ethnicty and no religion[/QUOTE]

You summed it up very nicely,Sir..

About mehsud's i agree with you as i have fellow wazir's and Dawar's and they don't seem to get along with mehsud's and have heard a lot about mehsud's and their mentality from someone( in Armed forces) served in waziristan...

same apply to tribal folks, they also better return to their own areas. They all are creating violent atmosphere in our cities.
Using your logic i would say we should send back Mohajirs back to their native lands of U.P and Bihar, they are creating trouble in Sindh for Sindhis. Matlab ye hey key apney ganday grebaan may janko, mohajir. Tribals didnt migrate to Pakistan, they constitute Pakistan and are Pakistanis.

You summed it up very nicely,Sir..

About mehsud's i agree with you as i have fellow wazir's and Dawar's and they don't seem to get along with mehsud's and have heard a lot about mehsud's and their mentality from someone( in Armed forces) served in waziristan...
Thats quite wrong perception you have developed about waziristan's people. Mehsuds, character-wise and pashto-wise (Pashtunwali is called pashto down south) are considered better people than their cousins wazirs. In Pashtun belt, every tribe has some thing against another tribe in the neighborhood, pashtuns are bradran-e-yousaf to each other, so dont get surprised if wazirs, mehsuds, bhiitanis etc are bickering against each other.............but outside their homes, wazirs, mehsuds and dawars are solidly united......you are a peshaweri, check their organizational unity and kiliwaltob in peshawer university, its impressive compared to other communities.

@haviZsultan
@Samandri
@chauvunist

I'm surprised that how quickly you guys concluded that I'm Muhajir. :crazy: , Its correct that once was a time that only urdu speaking community of sindh were crying about Talibanization and slowly destroying the environment of Karachi , I myself rejected their opinion but when visited those pockets of the city where afghan and tribal are settled found that what anti Pakistani mind set they are following and what kind of ideology they are promoting, even local natives of those areas are scare of those immigrants , because of illiterate tribal and afghanis your literate and good population have started to migrate other cities and countries, we are losing investors on daily basis and the city is converted into police state. its not just Karachi but same happening in Rawalpindi , Lahore , haripur etc. Afghan immigrant causing danger to our national assets and I'm not the only person who view things in a that way.
and guys please , non of my elder migrated from india to Pakistan or from Afghan to tribal region and then the cities of Pakistan. so don't conclude things too fast.

You guys are complicating a very simple issue.

Nadra ID cards are being handed out like candy to anyone that wants it. In this case its Afghan refugees who are entering the country and staying under the radar. For what reason? If they were legitimate then why couldn't they apply officially?

I understand not all refugees are bad, but not all refugees are good. Pakistan does not have time to play good refugee, bad refugee. It is not in the economic position to accommodate anyone yet. Time will soon come for this.

Deport them all and then offer visas with strict process. This is the only way to vet the populace. In fact I would go one step further and carry out a census and identify discrepancies. These fake refugees aren't just Afghan, they are Uzbek, Tajik etc etc. Fact is we don't know and I am not sure what is more scary not knowing or knowing and patiently waiting for the next bomb blast to go off.

You guys are complicating a very simple issue.

Nadra ID cards are being handed out like candy to anyone that wants it. In this case its Afghan refugees who are entering the country and staying under the radar. For what reason? If they were legitimate then why couldn't they apply officially?

I understand not all refugees are bad, but not all refugees are good. Pakistan does not have time to play good refugee, bad refugee. It is not in the economic position to accommodate anyone yet. Time will soon come for this.

Deport them all and then offer visas with strict process. This is the only way to vet the populace. In fact I would go one step further and carry out a census and identify discrepancies. These fake refugees aren't just Afghan, they are Uzbek, Tajik etc etc. Fact is we don't know and I am not sure what is more scary not knowing or knowing and patiently waiting for the next bomb blast to go off.
If we don't deported them soon then that time is not too far that we see fanboys claiming greater khurasan in Pakistan. What kind of future we want for Pakistan, Progressive or destructive , its last time to make the right decision.

I dunno why you guys hate people from other areas apart from Karachi? they are all CITIZENS OF PAKISTAN.. THEY CAN RELOCATE OR LIVE WHERE EVER THEY WANT... THIS COUNTRY BELONGS TO ALL PAKISTANIS...!

I agree. Pakistan belongs to every Pakistani each and everyone of us, equally! A person from any area of Pakistan is a Pakistani. Let's not call Urdu speaking Pakistanis as Mohajirs. Their fathers have migrated for an idea, that is Pakistan today. But now they are born and bred Pakistanis. And they contribute to our economy by paying most taxes. People from FATA and Baluchistan are as much Pakistani as anyone else. Let's not make any mistake about that. Just because Government of Pakistan has successively failed to develop these areas and failed to provide opportunities to these people to educate and develop skilled manpower, does not mean they are any lesser Pakistanis. You will find, if you look for Mehsuds, Wazirs, Marris, Bugtis and others as very successful professionals in many fields. They had the opportunity and they proved they are equally competent.

On similar note, Afghans are not Pakistanis. They were refugees not migrants. They do not believe in ideology of Pakistan as we do. They don't have the sense of belonging to this country as we do. This is our country and we live here. Anyone who lives here, lives on our terms, not otherwise. So as sad as this may be, it is time for them to leave. Go and build their country and make sacrifices for their own nation just like we did for ours. And I hope maybe, just maybe some day they will look back and appreciate how great Pakistani nation was to host them for decades. And when they try building their country, I hope they realize how difficult it is and find in their heart the respect for Pakistanis who built their country with passion and sacrifice especially in early years. And I hope they will understand our pain which we feel when a country built from our blood and sweat is being destroyed by someone whom we hosted in our goodwill.

Last edited:
How does one migrate to its own native country??!!
When a person is born and brought up in one country and then at the age of 35, he is asked to go back to his parents' native country where he has never been in life....... perhaps it is called migrating to one's native country.

When a person is born and brought up in one country and then at the age of 35, he is asked to go back to his parents' native country where he has never been in life....... perhaps it is called migrating to one's native country.

It does not. We have no such rule on our citizenship. Nor there is any such international rule. We make our own laws for our country.

It does not. We have no such rule on our citizenship. Nor there is any such international rule. We make our own laws for our country.
You are a sovereign nation and can make your own rules. I just attempted to answer your question.

There are different ways of resolving such problems including the migration problem. I solved mine by doing 2 things other than trying to fit in completely and merge as a Pakistani:

1) I sought to seek my original lucknowi roots. You see the term in Pakistan called muhajir is an atrocity. Our actual culture is Lucknowi, Madrasi, Bhopali, Bihari, Kutchi, Gujrati etc etc. In stead a person who has nothing like me... for example a sari wearing Deccan hyderabadi or for example a madrasi who wears dhoti is my brother because he is a muhajir-do you imagine this attrocity? I mean if I can merge with these people who I as a lucknowi share little culture with why is it wrong to inter mix with punjabis pashtuns and others. Why should we talk about throwing them out of Karachi, karachi isn't our baap dada ki jageer, our Sindhi brothers cleared houses so we could live. We have created a division where none should actually exist. I am severely against the word muhajir being used as such.

2) Merge with the Pashtun ethnic group. Its not impossible provided you are ready to go through the lenghty process of assimilation by learning the culture and the language. See I wasn't born pashtun. I had only one weak link to Afghanistan and even that limited. But I am making an effort to merge as one and learn the language. This can come with acknowledging my Lucknowi roots too which is exactly what I am trying to do. If that makes me invulnerable to the muhajir complain-a-lot and hate-all-others then so be it.

@Chauvinist probably thinks I am crazy, he has seen how viciously I defend Pashtuns and am a wannabe one myself. lol.

Keep posting darling.

Using your logic i would say we should send back Mohajirs back to their native lands of U.P and Bihar, they are creating trouble in Sindh for Sindhis. Matlab ye hey key apney ganday grebaan may janko, mohajir. Tribals didnt migrate to Pakistan, they constitute Pakistan and are Pakistanis.

Thats quite wrong perception you have developed about waziristan's people. Mehsuds, character-wise and pashto-wise (Pashtunwali is called pashto down south) are considered better people than their cousins wazirs. In Pashtun belt, every tribe has some thing against another tribe in the neighborhood, pashtuns are bradran-e-yousaf to each other, so dont get surprised if wazirs, mehsuds, bhiitanis etc are bickering against each other.............but outside their homes, wazirs, mehsuds and dawars are solidly united......you are a peshaweri, check their organizational unity and kiliwaltob in peshawer university, its impressive compared to other communities.

I agree with your post but can you tell me under what standard you think Character wise and Most importantly pashto wise mehsud are better than wazir?

They probably already have Pakistani passports even if they got by bribing Nadra officials. And in Pakistan rural areas they will be known as Afghani muhajirs for 200-300 years at least before they completly integrate. In cities they can pass as Pakistani pashtuns.

Because in rural areas i have seen even punjabis from east punjab are known as mahajirs.

There are different ways of resolving such problems including the migration problem. I solved mine by doing 2 things other than trying to fit in completely and merge as a Pakistani:

1) I sought to seek my original lucknowi roots. You see the term in Pakistan called muhajir is an atrocity. Our actual culture is Lucknowi, Madrasi, Bhopali, Bihari, Kutchi, Gujrati etc etc. In stead a person who has nothing like me... for example a sari wearing Deccan hyderabadi or for example a madrasi who wears dhoti is my brother because he is a muhajir-do you imagine this attrocity? I mean if I can merge with these people who I as a lucknowi share little culture with why is it wrong to inter mix with punjabis pashtuns and others. Why should we talk about throwing them out of Karachi, karachi isn't our baap dada ki jageer, our Sindhi brothers cleared houses so we could live. We have created a division where none should actually exist. I am severely against the word muhajir being used as such.

2) Merge with the Pashtun ethnic group. Its not impossible provided you are ready to go through the lenghty process of assimilation by learning the culture and the language. See I wasn't born pashtun. I had only one weak link to Afghanistan and even that limited. But I am making an effort to merge as one and learn the language. This can come with acknowledging my Lucknowi roots too which is exactly what I am trying to do. If that makes me invulnerable to the muhajir complain-a-lot and hate-all-others then so be it.

@Chauvinist probably thinks I am crazy, he has seen how viciously I defend Pashtuns and am a wannabe one myself. lol.

Keep posting darling.
Cultural roots dont die so easily and its not desirable. However, in foreign lands you do change yourself to suit the environment but you can never completely alter your DNA. I too hail from eastern UP and now settled in Mumbai but i dont feel any need to change my DNA. Yes I learnt workable marathi, have learnt to live without winters and in high rise apartments and assimilated well with local and cosmo culture of Mumbai but i remain the same apne gaon ki beti. Hamari tehzib hamare janaze ke sath bhi nahi jane wali hai per thodi bahut badal zaroor jayegi. Culture is, like every other things, also ever changing. We absorb and contribute many new things on a daily basis via various means and media. I disagree that to live in Punjab you have to become a punjabi or to live in KPK you need to become a Pashtun. Actually you can never be and should not be as it may result in very painful identity crisis. If I were in your place I would never mind the term Mohajir. its just a term to identify a set of people who themselves are diverse. I am sure if you go to your punjab, you will realize that even punjabis there would be identified by various regions, traits and their regional accents. So if a greater Punjab can absorb all regional differences then why cant a greater nationality absorb multiple differences.

Well, after all the lecture I realize that I can always return to my roots but perhaps you can not and hence your struggle is a bit different from this perspective. But we keep forgetting that modern nationalism is a 20th century phenomenon for South Asians. Did our ancestors who came from various parts of Arab, Persia, Central Asia, also undergo this? I would love to read if some historian touched upon this psycho-social aspect of medieval immigration.

its not a question of whether one is a good afghan, a bad one or even an evil one. These people were given shelter when they were in need .. we suffered a lot and also shared a lot because of them and with them. The situation over there in afghanistan has improved enough for them to say good bye to us. thank us for whatever we were able to do for them and forgive us if we were unable to do others... but the fact remains that these people need to move on. if they have married here so apply for nationality via spouse, if they have started there business here then their bad, if they want to continue well then they must abide local laws... the same way we have to abide theirs.
the way they have treated us is uterly stupid and nonsense.they should be happy we are not even doing close to half of what their puppet government and agencies have done. I wont like to go into the debate of northern alliance and pashtuns.. as its their internal matter and we should be focusing on what is hurled towards us a government or puppets..

Back
Top Bottom