What's new

Rumors: Finally AH-1Z are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one question:

Have our pilots already got trained on Zulus in US or their training will commence in Pakistan now ? Since the deliveries are finally taking place, I guess it will take an year for these helis to be fully integrated with in our Army aviation. New HMDs, advance avionics etc but cobra experience will help it to absorb these technologies soon.

Project AZM is probably the better option only for PAF against option of Su-35. Whereas J-10 is already rejected quite a few years back isn't it?

Forget Project Azm, its outcome is not possible before 2035. For next 10-12 years it will be F16 V and JF17 block 3. Though their are some rumors flying for possible J15s.

15 AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopters

32 T-700 GE 401C Engines (30 installed and 2 spares), 1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II Missiles in containers, 36 H-1 Technical Refresh Mission computers, 17 AN/AAQ-30 Target Sight Systems, 30 629F-23 Ultra High Frequency/Very High Frequency Communication Systems, 19 H-764 Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation Systems, 32 Helmet Mounted Display/Optimized Top Owl, 17 APX-117A Identification Friend or Foe, 17 AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning Systems, 17 AN/ALE-47 Countermeasure Dispenser Sets, 18 AN/APR-39C(V)2 Radar Warning Receivers, 15 Joint Mission Planning Systems, and 17 M197 20mm Gun Systems. Also included are system integration and testing, software development and integration, aircraft ferry, support equipment, spare and repair parts, tools and test equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, U.S. government and contractor engineering, technical, and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics and program support.
As only 12 were built out of 15, so what about 3 remaining 3 ?

Alh delivers have started, 4 confirmed. Within 30 days IA, first 12 should be enjoying Sohan Halwa.

Z10ME is rumored to start arriving in the next few months.

Note: With Covid-19 things are being delayed beyond expectation.

Our Honorable Khaafee sir is confirming 4 AH-Z already in Pakistan moreover Z-10ME also coming .:-)

Question? When did we get type certified on the AH-1Z birds? No PAA contingent has gone to the US for it, so far.

We got trained for Cobras, Block 52s before we started receiving them / flying them.

We have people in China who have been flying Z-10, for a good while now, so converting to that bird won’t surprise me. So, I am really interested in finding out as to what’s the plan here?

Last edited:
Question? When did we get type certified on the AH-1Z birds? No PAA contingent has gone to the US for it, so far.

We got trained for Cobras, Block 52s before we started receiving them / flying them.

We have people in China who have been flying Z-10, for a good while now, so converting to that bird won’t surprise me. So, I am really interested in finding out as to what’s the plan here?
Not allowed to logic in these threads sir

Our Honorable Khaafee sir is confirming 4 AH-Z already in Pakistan moreover Z-10ME also coming .:-)
Tell Khafee sb to come back and start posting here as well.

On topic if the Zulus are here than the timing will be very strange for Indian US relations. I mean with war brewing on our borders, India would be expecting US to side with them but if they started supplying these bad boys to Pakistan than US has something completely different in mind.
@PanzerKiel

Tell Khafee sb to come back and start posting here as well.

On topic if the Zulus are here than the timing will be very strange for Indian US relations. I mean with war brewing on our borders, India would be expecting US to side with them but if they started supplying these bad boys to Pakistan than US has something completely different in mind.
@PanzerKiel

No one can afford to grant a clear cut military advantage to any country in our region.

15 AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopters, 32 T-700 GE 401C Engines (30 installed and 2 spares), 1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II Missiles in containers, 36 H-1 Technical Refresh Mission computers,
No sidewinders or stingers included in the package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom