What's new

Rising executions highlight Iran’s human rights record

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/per...ions-defeat-Rowhani-s-promises-of-reform.html

Earlier this year, the United Nations described the numbers of executions in Iran as “deeply troubling,” with more than 320 people put to death this year alone.

In 2014, Iran executed 721 people, according to the U.S.-based Iran Human Rights Documentation center.

Despite promises of reforming Iran’s human rights record, President Hassan Rowhani’s two years in office have witnessed a record-breaking number of executions with more than 1,700 people killed since 2013.

Murder, drug trafficking, and robbery are all punishable by death in the Islamic Republic. But capital punishment has also been used to quell dissent against Tehran, Al Arabiya reported

A report from the office of Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to the U.N. Human Rights Council said Iran had not kept Rowhani’s promise to “extend protection to all religious groups and to amend legislation that discriminates against minority groups.”

“The above-mentioned commitments have not ... been translated into results,” the report said.

“Individuals seeking greater recognition for their cultural and linguistic rights risk facing harsh penalties, including capital punishment.”

In 2014, an Arab-Iranian poet was executed along with a colleague for allegedly having links to a separatist movement, the Guardian reported.

Thirty-two year old Hashem Shaabani was a prominent member of a banned cultural organization run by the Arab Ahvazi minority in south of Iran.

...................................................................................

@Hussein

Putin-wink[1].jpg

Eye for an eye.

Hamas accused of atrocities during Gaza war

Your dog started it, get the dog under control or I will give equal treatment.
Hossein spares no opportunity to bash Iranian government too . so we have deep differences with each other . the only thing we share , is nationality and language . he is not a Dog cause he is not a terrorist like many here.

That thread about hamas is BS . everyone knows it .

but to actually have the audacity to talk about human rights in Iran - coming from a arab - is amazing .

Hossein spares no opportunity to bash Iranian government too . so we have deep differences with each other . the only thing we share , is nationality and language . he is not a Dog cause he is not a terrorist like many here.

but to actually have the audacity to talk about human rights in Iran - coming from a arab - is amazing .
The mere mentioning of the word "rights" is more amazing if it comes from a guy with that combination of flags under his name.

All I see is bitch called Hussein acting up that needs to control himself. Until he stops being a bitch, I will respond with equal treatment. If it sucks for Iranians, too bad. Nobody told this obsessed bitch to keep bitching 24/7 about Hamas.

funny thing is most of them are branded as homosexuals , while in reality they are kid rapists.

Falcon started this thread because Hussein (an Iranian) started the thread about Hamas abuses.

What a child Falcon is :rofl:

he is quite childish.

and he reported my only post on that thread even though the word i used for him ( brain-washed ) is nowhere close in rudeness to what he continually called me yesterday, and see the word he used for hussein in post# 6 ( and in #3 ).

he is quite childish.

and he reported my only post on that thread even though the word i used for him ( brain-washed ) is nowhere close in rudeness to what he continually called me yesterday, and see the word he used for hussein in post# 6 ( and in #3 ).

Reported you for being mentally ill nutcase. :lol:

Any mentally ill moron troll like you should not be allowed to post in ME section. Insulting I can tolerate, insulting/curse words are tolerated here and it makes this a funner environment. But mentally ill trolls shouldn't be allowed to post. :lol:

Reported you for being mentally ill nutcase. :lol:

Any mentally ill moron troll like you should not be allowed to post in ME section. Insulting I can tolerate, insulting/curse words are tolerated here and it makes this a funner environment. But mentally ill trolls shouldn't be allowed to post. :lol:

if you want to insult, go to some video games forum, "arab" specifically.

i am free to come to any corner of pdf... don't like it, leave pdf... silly child.

if you want to insult, go to some video games forum, "arab" specifically.

i am free to come to any corner of pdf... don't like it, leave pdf... silly child.

Shut up you donkey, you're lucky you haven't been banned for your multiple sock accounts. What kind of sick person creates multiple accounts just on this forum alone to troll? :lol:

Any idiot that says NATO gave Gaza to Hamas needs to be permabanned for trolling/mental retardness/idoicy.

you're lucky you haven't been banned for your multiple sock accounts. What kind of sick person creates multiple accounts just on this forum alone to troll? :lol:

sigh... how many times...

the admins and other members would have known since i joined ten months ago.

you are truly strange.

Any idiot that says NATO gave Gaza to Hamas needs to be permabanned for trolling/mental retardness/idoicy.

you should go ask the "quartet" this... get higher-up in hamas ranks and you will get to know many things.

now go play your vid games.

Back
Top Bottom