What's new

'Revolts to spread to 40 US cities'

lem34

New Recruit

Reaction score
'Revolts to spread to 40 US cities'
Sun Oct 2, 2011 1:22PM GMT

The ongoing protests against corporate corruption and Washington's financial policies in New York and several other US cities will spread to 40 major American cities, a political activist tells Press TV.

“It is a beginning. There are already 'Occupy' actions planned for 30 to 40 other American cities,” Kathy McConaghie said on Saturday.

“We are leading up to the October 2011 occupation in Freedom Square in Washington D.C, which will be an ongoing occupation and will involve many, many groups of people who intend to stay there,” she added.

The rallies originally started in New York two weeks ago under the name of “Occupy Wall Street” when activists and demonstrators announced their intention to seize the heart of the US financial transactions in protest at dire economic conditions believed to be caused by the excessive greed of the America's big corporations.

The movement has now grown dramatically and spread to other major cities across the country.

McConaghie predicts that the corporations and the media would try to put more pressure on the movement in order to make it seem without any outlined objectives.

However, the activist argues that the American nation is “awakening,” saying, “As more people join this movement, its outlines will be fleshed out and it will be less likely that they can be marginalized.”

We need to bring this up in the UN and arm these rebels I say

oh of course we cant believe it until its official from pentagon yea? We cant believe it until an incredible great whitee man come down from di sky and tell us whats what yea rite mate

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Evil wall street must be down..

And Indian traders need to square off this month's positions, a correction in sensex is expected this week.

many a true thing said in jest. Wall street is directly not indirectly responsible for s y s t e m i c failure we are facing at the moment with their creation of securitisation and financial instruments

You pathetic jihadi. Arming rebels and killing innocents is only the right of americans. :D

Most Americans probably have guns or have access to them one way or another. So yes, Americans armed their people, should anything go not accordingly to the US governments plans, things can get rather ugly there.

Most Americans probably have guns or have access to them one way or another. So yes, Americans armed their people, should anything go not accordingly to the US governments plans, things can get rather ugly there.

You are forgetting one very imortant thing that Americans have armed their people also with.

It's called 'education' and 'the power to reason'.

There's a difference between an average Pakistani with a gun and an average American with a gun.

You are forgetting one very imortant thing that Americans have armed their people also with.

It's called 'education' and 'the power to reason'.

There's a difference between an average Pakistani with a gun and an average American with a gun.

What does education have to do with a gun?

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

I saw these protests with my own eyes passing it when I was walking from Canal Street Chinatown to the World Trade Center Path Station. Pretty intense stuff.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom