What's new

Reuters: Qatar to spend $5.6 billion on Italian warships

That's bit sensitive info. Does it matter anyway? Qatar is a small country.

How is it sensitive. There is 3-4 major cities in Qatar and dozens of well known areas in qatar. Just like if someone ask me Where I live in Pakistan I instantly says Lahore. Does it mean this info is bit sensitive ?

Wise of you not to tell your location,
@Bratva is not a good person indeed.

Now what about those ships were were discussion about friends? :)

Sir, where do you live in Pakistan is akin to where do you live in Qatar. Was checking whether is he really living in qatar :P

This shopping spree of Qatar navy is related to new mega seaport they are building to help them in projecting economic and military might of Qatar

On 19 June 2007 His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar, issued Emiri Decree No. 37, setting forth the creation of one of the world's largest greenfield port developments. Strategically located south of Doha, the QAR 27 Billion (USD 7.4 Billion) megaproject, which includes a new port, a new base for the Qatar Emiri Naval Forces and the Qatar Economic Zone 3, will span a 26.5 square kilometer area."

http://www.npp.com.qa/

Last edited:
most likely they will go for the comandanti
Comandanti.jpg

Comandanti%2Bnew.jpg

How is it sensitive. There is 3-4 major cities in Qatar and dozens of well known areas in qatar. Just like if someone ask me Where I live in Pakistan I instantly says Lahore. Does it mean this info is bit sensitive ?

Sir, where do you live in Pakistan is akin to where do you live in Qatar. Was checking whether is he really living in qatar :P

You should know there is hardly any concept of cities here.

Good news for our brothers and sisters in neighboring Qatar. This new purchase will improve the naval strength of the GCC (Peninsula Shield Force).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peninsula_Shield_Force

A good choice and the price seems reasonable.

We seriously need to strengthen our navy given our proud naval traditions and the fact that we live on the largest peninsula in the world and are surrounded by some of the most ancient and strategic (to this very day) waters and naval trade routes. We should, outside of having a constant presence in the Red Sea and Gulf, follow this policy in the nearby Arabian Sea, Gulf of Oman and Indian Ocean. The southeastern Mediterranean Sea should also be an area of interest give the close proximity and direct presence of other Arab countries. In fact the entire Mediterranean Sea since half of it borders Arab countries.

I can't stop wondering that something is brewing given the many purchases of late from Egypt to the GCC. Must be connected to the Joint Arab Military Force or the new "Islamic" Coalition.

Last edited:
:astagh:
Ghar mein bahi nai ha tumharay?
Why should i tell you where i live in Pakistan,, bay sharam!
:lol:

I guess he meant to say personal. :angel:

This shopping spree of Qatar navy is related to new mega seaport they are building to help them in projecting economic and military might of Qatar

On 19 June 2007 His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar, issued Emiri Decree No. 37, setting forth the creation of one of the world's largest greenfield port developments. Strategically located south of Doha, the QAR 27 Billion (USD 7.4 Billion) megaproject, which includes a new port, a new base for the Qatar Emiri Naval Forces and the Qatar Economic Zone 3, will span a 26.5 square kilometer area."
Well they sit on a strategical important location, a volatile one at that. Plus with all that oil money and oil interests in sea, the desire for a strong navy is understandable. It is unfortunate that in the post most of the Arab procurement have been for show off reason rather the actual strategic importance and value but i hope this will change now (with decreasing US backing and thus influence) but can predict that it will take some time. This however is a purely personal analysis or point of view you can say,

Oh, and i am currently in Faisalabad dear. :)

this is one of the major misconception among the expatriates in Qatar according to whom there is only one city in Qatar. Here to correct yours misconception as well.

http://www.mme.gov.qa/cui/view.dox?id=585&siteID=2

In Al Khor, its just Alkhor community, same as in Dukhan and Messaid there is just one community for oil and gas companies. I can reach those places in less than one hour (I drive fast though). Don't tell me Wakra is a city, its just a 10 min drive from Doha. Its same as Matar Qadeem, Gharaffa, Al Sadd etc

At least we can conclude that you live in one of the cities below.

Either that or you have become a hermit with occasional access to the internet somewhere in the desert or the coastline (beach).
:cheers:

Haha, when I say Qatar, I think everyone should assume its Doha.

:astagh:
Ghar mein bahi nai ha tumharay?
Why should i tell you where i live in Pakistan,, bay sharam!
:lol:

I guess he meant to say personal. :angel:

Well they sit on a strategical important location, a volatile one at that. Plus with all that oil money and oil interests in sea, the desire for a strong navy is understandable. It is unfortunate that in the post most of the Arab procurement have been for show off reason rather the actual strategic importance and value but i hope this will change now (with decreasing US backing and thus influence) but can predict that it will take some time. This however is a purely personal analysis or point of view you can say,

Oh, and i am currently in Faisalabad dear. :)

Sir app to gussay mai hi agaye aesay jesay app ka rishta dekhnay ana ho hum nay :P

Well they are spending their military spending on the expense of economic spending. Due to recent slump of oil and gas prices, Qatar has raised its fuel prices up to .35 paisa, there is a major downsizing going on in government, public and private sectors. Funding has been slashed for various mega projects.

But qatar wants to grow out from the shadow of saudia and wants to compete with them in militaristic terms. Perhaps you might have an idea that Saudi-Qatar doesnt see eye to eye on many issues. And 90-95 percent of Qatar food edible and other construction imports comes through Sauida via road and saudia has threatened several times of closing that border to make Qatar toe the Saudi agenda. And also disagreements on Syria. So Qatar wants to flex its muscles in an independent sort of way without being intimidated by Saudia.

In Al Khor, its just Alkhor community, same as in Dukhan and Messaid there is just one community for oil and gas companies. I can reach those places in less than one hour (I drive fast though). Don't tell me Wakra is a city, its just a 10 min drive from Doha. Its same as Matar Qadeem, Gharaffa, Al Sadd etc

Haha, when I say Qatar, I think everyone should assume its Doha.

If you have been in Wakrah recently, All the expansion, construction in Wakrah plus the Wukair expansion has made it possible to upgrade the status of wakrah to be a city.

Pleasure to be a part of this start of the art project and most probably going to be signed today

If you have been in Wakrah recently, All the expansion, construction in Wakrah plus the Wukair expansion has made it possible to upgrade the status of wakrah to be a city.

Well, cities have different areas but if I am anywhere in wakra, I would tell my mom I am in wakra.

5.6 billion for 5 ships!!!!!!
Holy f***,the Arabs are rich.They are willing to pay Destroyer prices for Corvettes.

Back
Top Bottom