What's new

"Resistance 2.0." - Battle for Panjshir begins - Taliban claims victory

Down the line PA will train some of their fighters to fly those choppers, if Talib is looking to form a Govt they will have functioning army as well.
Ok !

But I will say this again, You seem quite familiar, This accent and the way you say :D

They are going to lose. No airstrike or supply is coming when many US citizen is trapped in Afghanistan.

I am with @FuturePAF : If Panjishiris are provided aid from outside then Pakistan should provide help--including AWACS or whatever air support needed. Nip in the bud before another 'Ahmad Challibi' is made out of the Ahmad Shah Masood's son (the Bilawal Zardari of Afghanistan!). I still can't believe ASM's son would be stupid enough to be in bed with a coward opportunist like A. Saleh?? The Saleh guy was the Vice President to Ashraf Ghani who is so thoroughly discredited that even his backers call him vile names!

PS. Yes, Pakistan really wants an 'inclusive' govt in Afghanistan but also a stable one. Having a festering insurgency in Panjshir would take away from the stability. And right now, until Americans leave, it is good time to pacify the whole of Afghanistan. I think Pakistan's active support, even if covert, will go long ways in establishing stability in Afghanistan at least in short term.

I am with @FuturePAF : If Panjishiris are provided aid from outside then Pakistan should provide help--including AWACS or whatever air support needed. Nip in the bud before another 'Ahmad Challibi' is made out of the Ahmad Shah Masood's son (the Bilawal Zardari of Afghanistan!). I still can't believe ASM's son would be stupid enough to be in bed with a coward opportunist like A. Saleh?? The Saleh guy was the Vice President to Ashraf Ghani who is so thoroughly discredited that even his backers call him vile names!

PS. Yes, Pakistan really wants an 'inclusive' govt in Afghanistan but also a stable one. Having a festering insurgency in Panjshir would take away from the stability. And right now, until Americans leave, it is good time to pacify the whole of Afghanistan. I think Pakistan's active support, even if covert, will go long ways in establishing stability in Afghanistan at least in short term.

Thanks for the support, Though, If there is no outside support to the Panjshiris, Pakistan should remain neutral and keep pushing to form a lasting inclusive government. Even if there is outside support, depending on how disruptive, Pakistan should remain in a position to just carefully monitor the situation by what ever means, HUMINT or SIGNINT or AWACS at its disposal.

Stability and an inclusive government over the whole of Afghanistan should be the goal when the parties are brought together to the negotiating table. Instability attracts opportunists and spoilers in the effort of reconstruction and saving civilian lives from famine and starvation.

Last edited:
If Taliban approach Panjshair from all sides, scale the mountains and deploy snipers, it will give them a better view of the situation and could also neutralize ambushes, patrols and checkposts. Don`t know if there is any way to carry artillery and MBRL to the top. It will give an extra punch and Panjshair could be battered down. Or simply using mortars would yield good results.

Btw there is concentration of Tajiks in Panjshair and the chosen leader for this offensive by Taliban Qari Fasih is also a Tajik.

its been 12 hours now what happen man :undecided: today morning i wake up and was thinking kisi ne mery beloved amrullah ko na mar diya ho :lol:

Taliban have made advances but it's not that easy to take Panjsher in 12 hours. If it was, Taliban would have easily taken it back in 90's. Topography matters, this is the same reason we had to face difficulties and slow pace in swat operations.

That being said, I don't want Saleh to be killed I want him to be imprisoned and shifted to Pakistan and handed over to Punjab Police.

That Mansor and Salim guy is giving me YPG vibes that claims to have the best defensive lines in the world and Turkey would fail but they turned out to be wrong.

Official Taliban released news:

Bannu, Pul-e-Hisar and Deh Salah districts of Baghlan have been completely cleared of the enemy. Mujahideen are stationed at the gates of Panjshir from Takhar, Badakhshan and Andarab directions. The Salang Pass is open and the enemy is under siege in Panjshir. The Islamic Emirate is trying to solve the problem through talks.
Translate Tweet

--------------
No way out for them.. They can enter from multiple access or even starve them out but I think they will move in immediately if all attempts of peaceful settlements fail to clean the valley.. Trying to bluff someone whos been fighting for 20 years straight and battle hardened is a big mistake and this will serve as a hard learned lesson

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom