What's new

Taliban claim killing 40 Afghan resistance fighters in Panjshir

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The scenic Panjshir Valley is famed for being a site of the Afghan resistance against Soviet forces
1663169959861.png

The Taliban said Tuesday their forces had killed at least 40 fighters of an Afghan insurgent group led by the son of a late anti-Taliban commander during renewed fighting in the northern Panjshir province.

The scenic Panjshir Valley is famed for being a site of the Afghan resistance against Soviet forces in the 1980s and an anti-Taliban rebel base during the Islamists’ first stint in power in the late 1990s.

The National Resistance Front (NRF) were the last to hold out against the Taliban’s takeover of the country in August last year by retreating to the valley.

Headed by the son of Ahmad Shah Massoud, NRF forces in May announced an offensive against the Taliban – their first since the hardline Islamists seized power.

Scores of civilians had fled the valley in the initial bout of fighting, but there has been a lull in recent weeks.

However, fresh fighting erupted in the valley in the past few days, residents and the insurgent group said.

Government spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said 40 NRF fighters, including three commanders, had been killed by Taliban forces.

“Sweeping clearance operations were conducted against the rebels in Rukha, Dara and Abshar district of Panjshir province,” Mujahid said on Twitter, adding that another 101 insurgents had been arrested.

He did not say when the NRF fighters were actually killed.

NRF, though, said the Taliban was exaggerating the number of fighters killed.

“We refute the numbers. They have inflated the numbers,” Ali Nazary, head of NRF’s foreign relations, told AFP.

“Only a small group of our forces were captured and killed by the Taliban. Our forces fought fiercely till the last bullet.”

This is just tragic, Afghans are slaughtering their own and the Taliban have the gall to term it as a "victory". RIP to the dead

These are the vile scum bags who are anti Pakistani and their supporters are attacking Pakistanis at cricket matches. so I have zero sympathy for them

Good. 40 less afghans put out of their and the our misery.
Those 40 less Afghans as you call them, have alot more sympathy to Pakistan than your beloved Taliban or whoever they are. Those 40 less Afghans at least recognize and respect the territorial integretiy of Pakistan, but the "more Afghans" as you possibly call them as such, have nothing in mind but to break your country. Hope you have got the hint.

These are the vile scum bags who are anti Pakistani and their supporters are attacking Pakistanis at cricket matches. so I have zero sympathy for them
I doubt if they even like cricket , let alone watching or playing it.

Go get em boys any pain inflicted upon afghans is a good thing, the afghani have fallen as a nation

They are no more, let them eat each other

Lar aur bar will cost them big

Those 40 less Afghans as you call them, have alot more sympathy to Pakistan than your beloved Taliban or whoever they are. Those 40 less Afghans at least recognize and respect the territorial integretiy of Pakistan, but the "more Afghans" as you possibly call them as such, have nothing in mind but to break your country. Hope you have got the hint.

I doubt if they even like cricket , let alone watching or playing it.
Tomaato Tomato. What's the difference? They are all afghans at the end of the day. As long as their circus continues on our border and keeps spilling into ours, we have a problem with them.

And the beloved taliban can go eat a fat dick as far as I am concerned

Go get em boys any pain inflicted upon afghans is a good thing, the afghani have fallen as a nation

They are no more, let them eat each other

Lar aur bar will cost them big
Hope you know that majority of Afghans are against this idea of Lar Au Bar, most of us have nothibg to do with it. Only our brothers who live along the border with Pakistan love this idea.

Tomaato Tomato. What's the difference? They are all afghans at the end of the day. As long as their circus continues on our border and keeps spilling into ours, we have a problem with them.

And the beloved taliban can go eat a fat dick as far as I am concerned
It is not a bad idea to know more. I could accept your naration if you treated all Afghans and their issues as the same Afghans in every argument, but you dont. In some arguments such as this we are all "hated Afghans". In other debates , things for you change and the Taliban are beloved based on their ethnicity and the other Afghans are hated. Here I am not asking you anything else but to distinguish between who wants what?

It is not a bad idea to know more. I could accept your naration if you treated all Afghans and their issues as the same Afghans in every argument, but you dont. In some arguments such as this we are all "hated Afghans". In other debates , things for you change and the Taliban are beloved based on their ethnicity and the other Afghans are hated. Here I am not asking you anything else but to distinguish between who wants what?
Many people do that. Not me. I equally detest ethnonationlist PTM types and fundamentalist taliban types. About Non-Pushtun afghans, They may not hate us as much but I don't see what benefit they are able to give us. They are part of the same circus, as I mentioned previously, that's harming us.

Hope you know that majority of Afghans are against this idea of Lar Au Bar, most of us have nothibg to do with it. Only our brothers who live along the border with Pakistan love this idea.
Are you Tajik?

So does most of the enmity against Pakistan exist only within the Pakhtun section of Afghan society?

Are you Tajik?

So does most of the enmity against Pakistan exist only within the Pakhtun section of Afghan society?
I am Tajik. The complaint of non pashtuns in Afghanistan is because pakistan sided with pashtuns against them and pashtuns of afghanistan just want Khayber P. to become part of Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom