What's new

Republic of Turkey tests its first national missile in Black Sea

Cingratulatons to our Turkish brothers and sisters. Pakistan can and should help Turkey in this area.

This is a tactical ballistic missile like the Russian Alexander (without nuke warhead obviously).. The range says it will be for export too..

Congrats to our brothers for this achievement. We know it's just the beginning ....

Turkish weapons (aesthetically speaking) look even more cutting edge then the Chinese and the Russian ones. I am happy for our Turkish brothers and i am happy that we entered into contract for those new naval ships.

Guys I am sorry but I want to add this info into this topic too. I wrote a smilar thing on another topic about idef 2017.

There is a confusion and I think I know why but I will keep it short.

Bora do not have 280 km of max range.

There are two versions of that missile system. According to public roketsan data they have diffirent range.

1) Kaan (khan) missile has a range of 280 km. This is the export version.

2) Bora missile has a range of 380 km. This is for Turkish Millitary use.

So... Sorry for bad news for our worried Greek friends for extra worriness.

Guys I am sorry but I want to add this info into this topic too. I wrote a smilar thing on another topic about idef 2017.

There is a confusion and I think I know why but I will keep it short.

Bora do not have 280 km of max range.

There are two versions of that missile system. According to public roketsan data they have diffirent range.

1) Kaan (khan) missile has a range of 280 km. This is the export version.

2) Bora missile has a range of 380 km. This is for Turkish Millitary use.

So... Sorry for bad news for our worried Greek friends for extra worriness.

Bro why do they test it in black sea? Instead of greece?

Isin't Bora the same size as Nasr, in length at least? Then why is Nasr 60KM only while Bora is 280KM?

000_Del6401241.jpg
594.jpg

Only the availability of the true technical data can explains this apparent "anomaly". For example length, dia, payload, weight of the missile, and the true ranges (not the officially declared ranges).

Even in Pics you can observe difference in length and diameter of both missile. Nasr is much more sleek and shorter in length compared to most Ballistic missiles out there.

I have a feeling that Nasr has at least 3 times more range than stated. Chinese MRL A-100 has a operational range of 100KMs while Nasr only has 60KM range?

When turkey's similar ballistic missile (having a heavier warhead) has 280 KM range, why should a similar missile with lighter warhead not have at least this much rage.

:coffee:

Bro why do they test it in black sea? Instead of greece?
Because it is a test! You first test your missile at an politically inert enviroment then if it works you shoot it at someone. :)

Back
Top Bottom