What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is 7 years old.....still not decided

No decision---because it is not going to happen----. G 3 is a great weapon---it does the job right---it is reliable---.

Newer models of HK have some issues---. I think germany recalled one model issued to its forces---has problems in very hot weather.

No decision---because it is not going to happen----. G 3 is a great weapon---it does the job right---it is reliable---.

Newer models of HK have some issues---. I think germany recalled one model issued to its forces---has problems in very hot weather.

I believe the inaccuracy problems of the G-36 in hot weather were attributed to a particular brand of ammunition by HK. Ofcourse, they might be just trying to save their business. :lol:

Still no replacement? C'mon, using G3 is like still using AK47/AKM or FN FAL... Its time to move on.

You can keep it for longer range combat when above 500M, put some scope on it and call it a day and move on and I'l be biased and reccommend rifle from my country that is being used of course by my army as standard battle rifle, it is also used by Kurds in Iraq and Iraqi goverment/army/soldiers as well and apparently they loved it like a lot and it recently was submitted to french competition for their next assault rifle.

jurisna-puska-VHS-21-660x446.jpg

Also apparently it was spotted in Syria too... Its called VHS, in picture above is its second iterations.

Still no replacement? C'mon, using G3 is like still using AK47/AKM or FN FAL... Its time to move on.

You can keep it for longer range combat when above 500M, put some scope on it and call it a day and move on and I'l be biased and reccommend rifle from my country that is being used of course by my army as standard battle rifle, it is also used by Kurds in Iraq and Iraqi goverment/army/soldiers as well and apparently they loved it like a lot and it recently was submitted to french competition for their next assault rifle.

Also apparently it was spotted in Syria too... Its called VHS, in picture above is its second iterations.
Detailed Specs..............? Please.

Thanks!!

Well a committee has been established and different Guns would be tested

Well a committee has been established and different Guns would be tested
Is it still same committee from 2008 or did this search for replacement was done several times over by now?

1.G-3 is still fantastic for infantry. Weight is the only issue it has, and I speak from experience. For paratroopers, SFs, etc a lighter version would be better.
2. However, even the good old .303 is a lethal weapon in the hands of the rifleman. PA should instead spend money on some other sophisticated weapon. ATGM, MANPAD, Sniper Rifle, RPG, infantry mortar, RLs/Blendicides, etc

1.G-3 is still fantastic for infantry. Weight is the only issue it has, and I speak from experience. For paratroopers, SFs, etc a lighter version would be better.
2. However, even the good old .303 is a lethal weapon in the hands of the rifleman. PA should instead spend money on some other sophisticated weapon. ATGM, MANPAD, Sniper Rifle, RPG, infantry mortar, RLs/Blendicides, etc
5.56x45 NATO is deadlier, ask any soldier medic on the front line that took care of wounded and it is better to have faster travel speed of a bullet because even one tenth of a second will decide between life or death when in close quarter combat and bullup design is great that kind of combat inside buildings and on streets.

G3 should be relegated to sniper units if accuracy is good enough for 1000 meter firefights.

You need better assault rifle's otherwise your infrantry will get slaughtered and then who will defend your MBT and APC, hostile infrantry will then have easier time picking off tanks inside cities and areas with dense vegetation.

So is the F-16 but better replacements are availible.

Things are improving and we are stepping up our modernization efforts.

7 years back it was PDF members speculating G3 replacement.... today (2015) ... the army has officially decided to replace it... hence a board has been formed to choose a replacement...

meanwhile 2 new variants of G3 have been inducted (in the past)...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...IbGZMdSl-hMbBk-jGa9z5Q&bvm=bv.104615367,d.dGo

NATO 5.56x45, 500mm barrel length, 750 RPM, 3.5KG empty, 950 M/S bullet speed...

Price per unit is 1500$

Apparently on Croatian wikipedia for the gun its written its used by Philiphines also, no source sadly to confirm it.

5.56 has no takers here... only Pak SF/marines and reglars on secific duties use that...

Thats exactly why PK08 was rejected ,,,

xe1r8w.jpg

Detailed pics of new POF guns!!

cbc9875d8ca3208716c7cd1c0d489b5e.jpg

Keep using G3 with 20 bullet magazines while the opposing force nails your troops with 5.56x45 NATO which is a bit less than half the weight of 7mm NATO and has 2/3rd of kinetic power at half the size in comparison to 7mm NATO with 10 extra rounds in magazine.

cbc9875d8ca3208716c7cd1c0d489b5e.jpg

Keep using G3 with 20 bullet magazines while the opposing force nails your troops with 5.56x45 NATO which is a bit less than half the weight of 7mm NATO and has 2/3rd of kinetic power at half the size in comparison to 7mm NATO with 10 extra rounds in magazine.

SDC10546.JPG

pof-g-3-m.jpg
10336709_10152293439687663_3909478288288862592_n.png

By 2016... G3 will be replaced.... 5.56 proved useless in Afghanistan (excluding SF requirements),

5.56 proved useless in Afghanistan (excluding SF requirements),

If it was useless then it would't have been used at all, you can think all you want its only the mountains and ignore cities with recent event at Kunduz and US army introduced M855A1 which is superior in everyway to original M855A1 and Pakistani tested 5.56 in 2008 before introduction of M855A1 in 2010.

Test 5.56x45 again with M855A1 and you'l see that it will hit a target at 600 meters and better penetration of the materials than original M855A1.

5.56x45 guns do more damage than G3 and with M855A1 it does even more damage to the body!

If it was useless then it would't have been used at all, you can think all you want its only the mountains and ignore cities with recent event at Kunduz and US army introduced M855A1 which is superior in everyway to original M855A1 and Pakistani tested 5.56 in 2008 before introduction of M855A1 in 2010.

Test 5.56x45 again with M855A1 and you'l see that it will hit a target at 600 meters and better penetration of the materials than original M855A1.

5.56x45 guns do more damage than G3 and with M855A1 it does even more damage to the body!
7.62 x51mm vs 5.56 x45mm .... yeah sure.

There is a good reason nato hates 5.56 in A'stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom