What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that Pakistan Army is serious about change of rifle.G3 once considered as best rifle,has been out dated. Many questions have been raised on dependability of this rifle especially after Kargil war and in tackling the armed unrest in tribal areas. That is why these discussions had been set up to make people believe that Pak Army is serious which is not the case.

I vote QBZ-95. Very deadly. 5.8 by 42 is new and lethal. HK-417 IMO lacks muzzle velocity. Any other good choice?

qbz-95-500-4.jpg

HK-417 does not "lack" muzzle velocity, the muzzle velocity it has is appropriate for a .308 caliber. Heavier calibers are going to have less muzzle velocity than a smaller caliber such as the 5.8x42mm of the QBZ-95. The HK-417 is a more powerful weapon than the QBZ-95 in terms of it's caliber, ballistics penetration, and higher ft lbs of energy. Also the HK-417 is a more accurate rifle than the QBZ-95 because it shoots flatter.

This is not to say the QBZ-95 is a bad rifle, but the HK-417 is more deadly, more powerful, more accurate, and yes it's muzzle velocity is slower than the QBZ-95 but that means the Hk-417 .308 rounds hit harder.

If Pakistan army wishes to replace the G3 then it should at least consider the German HK-417 and Turkish MPT-76. Under condition that there is a license provided to domestically manufacture the rifle. If not, I am also a big supporter of POF manufacturing a new battle rifle for Pakistan Army.

MP3A3 in service with PAK ARMY for CQB is being changed with some AK variant.......its confirmed from my sources..
Legionaire here is PK-08 ......5.62 mm
xe1r8w.jpg
it is loking a good rifle the weight of rifle it is the man problum for pof the should less there rifle weight

If we choose another 7.62*51 rifle, then there's no point in completely replacing the G-3, considering the conventional Eastern border scenario. One could argue the improvement of modern designs over G-3 but it doesn't necessitate full replacement. We should tweak it and Compliment it with other types for different scenarios which they have already done but quantity can be questioned

I don't know anything about guns but my cousin is in pak army,I asked him about G3 performance.He said,It is Very Nice weapon,has good aim and range,And most important thing is that it can be easily repaired in case of fault..
If soldiers are satisfied with it's performance then why you people have concerns about it???

I don't know anything about guns but my cousin is in pak army,I asked him about G3 performance.He said,It is Very Nice weapon,has good aim and range,And most important thing is that it can be easily repaired in case of fault..
If soldiers are satisfied with it's performance then why you people have concerns about it???

G3 is a good and reliable weapon. Only issue is its weight. PA should not be in a rush to change this. Instead use the funds in acquiring some other eqpt. Bear in mind PA is a large army. Changing rifles will mean a lot of rifles.

This thread is 7 years old.....still not decided

I meant license production, to acquire license from turkey to produce MPT 76 & sar 223.

That is what i stated earlier, we can produce MPT-76 standard of rifle by ourselves. The money would be better spent developing one by ourselves. If Army wants something like SCAR-H, then going through licensing purchase is financially sound.

G-3, MG-3, MP-5 package has to be replaced eventually with modern rifles, so we actually need license for 3 models. Another good option would be to opt for HK-417A1/2, UMP-45 and MG-5 aka HK-121 machine gun. We already have HK license, having a single assembly line can reduce costs. MPT-76 is a HK-417 clone. If we have to buy a license, why not buy an original one?

HK-417A2

k417a2b61-4.jpg

This thread is 7 years old.....still not decided

Just discussing, there is no tender so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom