What's new

Renault to start assembling cars in Pakistan by 2018, says Board of Investment

french cars might make a mark on the small car section f the market like Mehran, Alto etc.

But the real game changer would be if the German Volkswagen comes into PAK, they will eventually kill of Toyota and Honda sales

You are forgetting Renault's subsidiary Nissan. Nissan is the bigger player especially with Sentra, Altima, Maxima,Rogue, and Murano. Even new Kick is joining soon.

Insecure Indians peeking interest on Pakistan never ceases to amaze me. :D

What are the SUV you like most?

most popular SUVs in Pakistan are Japanese imports >> Toyota LC, Toyota Prado and to some extent Mitsubish Pajero, Toyota Surf and Nissan Patrol. Recently(past 5yrs), there has been increase in Audi Q7s, which is due to Audi's excellent marketing (but that's a worldwide thing in last 5-10yrs).

In smaller SUVs, Lexus/Toyota RX450 is kind of popular right after Toyota Fortuner (which is actually doing okay). I'm talking about popularity/sales numbers.

They would buy this

5656fbfc7658a.jpg

But not this ?

Tata-tiago-wallpaper.jpg

or this ?

Tata-Nexon-side-press-shots-Auto-Expo-2016.jpg

It is still unreliable Indian engines that is mated with modern exterior design. Japanese engines are far reliable despite of outdated looks. There is the reason why Indian products are not sought in the international demands. At least, Suzuki is international reliable brand.

What are the SUV you like most?

I drive a Toyota Vigo...

This thread is about Renault's market possibilities in Pakistan, Not a Fracking Indian Automotive Industry Advertisement thread.

You may have nice cars, but please take your routine self fellatio (since that is all that the majority of you do here) elsewhere on a dedicate thread!

Hadd hoti hai |8C, har jaga sale shuru hojata hain ussi ram kahani per: "India yeh, India mein woh, India the great" ..MC tatti karni ki jagaein nahin hain, slum dar slum bhar gayien hain per lage rehte hain saale.

Mana bohat agay nikal gayien hain per ham kya karien |8C? Who gives a rats butt what you are doing..
congratulations on your achievements, they are truly commendable..
Ab jao khushi se taali peeto ..magar apne ghar mein. Hamara sar khane ki zaroorat nahin hai.

We got our own problems and paces for work on. You have yours, we learn from you what we can but please dont consider your frikkin circumstances ours and then start repeating the same copy pasted story like bots. One thread, two thread |8C like fricking termites some of these (nts are.

e0ac22616b38923d916589e526a5ec01.jpg

Renault... Let me guess:

Renault KWID !?

It is still unreliable Indian engines that is mated with modern exterior design. Japanese engines are far reliable despite of outdated looks. There is the reason why Indian products are not sought in the international demands.

Oh please, keep the nonsense to yourself. Tata is one of the world's largest automotive manufacturer & they know what they are doing. They have presence in markets like SE Asia, South Africa, Eastern Europe etc & their cars/UVs/trucks sold there.

most popular SUVs in Pakistan are Japanese imports >> Toyota LC, Toyota Prado and to some extent Mitsubish Pajero, Toyota Surf and Nissan Patrol. Recently(past 5yrs), there has been increase in Audi Q7s, which is due to Audi's excellent marketing (but that's a worldwide thing in last 5-10yrs).

In smaller SUVs, Lexus/Toyota RX450 is kind of popular right after Toyota Fortuner (which is actually doing okay). I'm talking about popularity/sales numbers.

More recently, the BMW X1 - over 220 sold since launch on 19th September.

Audi/VW has wanted to invest in Pakistan since 2008, but the Toyota, Suzuki and Honda cartel are hindering their entrance.

More competition means better market development, better car features and lower price points. The cartel members are lying snakes (yes, including the Japanese) - all they care about is the bottom line.

Consumer behaviour in pakistan is exclusively based on speculations and hawaee news, like what our mechanics say about a vehicle becomes viral..and people resist that product and stop others too...in other words the consumer behaviour is retarded here... Also we prefer cheap, high resale value products that need just a brand name on a crap...
We resist new products and want stuck with old because of speculations like "YBR is plastic" so people won't purchase... All goes down to level of literacy and awareness...out of their enclosed brains....
That is the point. All that is changing now and that is why the gov. is also pushing for investments and we might see parties interested in doing so.

I think we can survive without suzuki they can go milk irani customers now.
Iranian are not idiots!!
:lol:

Well then Renault people are up for a surprise...

They think they can simply jump into a market where the majority of the market share is held by companies where majority stake is owned by the wealthiest and most powerful banking/investment banking families that have HISTORICAL ties with Pakistani government(s) leaders since founding of Pakistan. Yeah, good luck with that.
They will sign contracts with bank here. We saw Audi doing that too. They are not stupids for running that company for that long. Let us not be smart @55. Renault is a business group and they wont "jump in" without doing their homework.

There should be some institutes and further training opportunities for motor mechanics. Most of them are living two decades behind in Pakistan.
Renault autos are more complex than Japanese. Even German mechanics don't happily touch Renos.
I guess they will start with some local workshop franchises. Gradually, things will improve. The local mechanics are already not a top priority when it comes to new models. I mean, we normally see people taking their Civics and Cities to the Honda workshops and Altis and corollas to the Toyota shops. Renault or any new player might do the same.

When I said "no such thing", I meant that it's just a sham organization. It doesn't really do anything. It's just to reward senior political workers etc...
Sorry i was not aware that when you say "no such thing" it do not means no such ting but it means "they do nothing". :P

They will sign contracts with bank here. We saw Audi doing that too. They are not stupids for running that company for that long. Let us not be smart @55. Renault is a business group and they wont "jump in" without doing their homework.

Kia, Hyundai and I believe Nissan too have tried to get into Pakistani market, but failed to make a dent...

More competition means better market development, better car features and lower price points. The cartel members are lying snakes (yes, including the Japanese) - all they care about is the bottom line.

The japanese companies are not exactly totally japanese, all of them are partly owned by major industrialist/banker families (such as the habib family)...

Kia, Hyundai and I believe Nissan too have tried to get into Pakistani market, but failed to make a dent...
Hyundai was assembling Shahzor trucks and Santro cars in Pakistan and both were a success. Especially Shahzor demand and sales was HUGE! It was an extremely loved and liked vehicle. Still is. It was the plight of Dewan group that the plant was closed. They went broke with dozens of other business, plus there were the political aspect so the plant was closed. However it wont be right to say that they failed to make a dent. santro was good too but Shahzor ruled the 1.5-2 ton truck market. It have been confirmed that they too (Dewan motors) are going to restart the plant this year and reenter the market with a single axle truck followed by a double axle one next year.

Hyundai was assembling Shahzor trucks and Santro cars in Pakistan and both were a success. Especially Shahzor demand and sales was HUGE! It was an extremely loved and liked vehicle. Still is. It was the plight of Dewan group that the plant was closed. They went broke with dozens of other business, plus there were the political aspect so the plant was closed. However it wont be right to say that they failed to make a dent. santro was good too but Shahzor ruled the 1.5-2 ton truck market. It have been confirmed that they too (Dewan motors) are going to restart the plant this year and reenter the market with a single axle truck followed by a double axle one next year.

The truck market is a whole different market, where Indus, PakSuzuki or Atlas do not compete

The regulations on trucks, customs etc, totally different heading.

And they made as much of a dent as kia made with spectra, classic and sportage combined (which were also marketed/assembled by the same people ?). Or mitsubishi made with lancer. Only better than Adam(Revo).

Back
Top Bottom